+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 119
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bayswater North Vic
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyway - thanks for all your opinions. There were a lot of very valid points for and against him going.

    I ended up telling him he could go if he wanted but to take the car.
    Turns out he decided he felt a bit guilty and organised to go to his mates house (responsible mate) to play pool & have pizza.

    They only live around the corner.

    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 19-07-2013 at 17:09.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

    Blossompossumxxxx  (19-07-2013),Boobycino  (20-07-2013),Euphrosyne  (19-07-2013),VicPark  (19-07-2013)

  3. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    319
    Thanks
    251
    Thanked
    180
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Anyway - thanks for all your opinions. There were a lot of very valid points for and against him going.

    I ended up telling him he could go if he wanted but to take the car.
    Turns out he decided he felt a bit guilty and organised to go to his mates house (responsible mate) to play pool & have pizza.

    They only live around the corner.

    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Glad it's turned out ok for you in the end!!

    FIL rang today to see if DH was free for dinner at a special restaurant tonight (just them plus BIL) as a last hurrah of sorts so he is actually going to do this instead. Much more relaxed!

    Gee, anyone would think having a baby is the end of the world!? (or your social life apparently!)

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

    Lolakitty  (19-07-2013)

  5. #103
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bayswater North Vic
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Glad it's turned out ok for you in the end!!

    FIL rang today to see if DH was free for dinner at a special restaurant tonight (just them plus BIL) as a last hurrah of sorts so he is actually going to do this instead. Much more relaxed!

    Gee, anyone would think having a baby is the end of the world!? (or your social life apparently!)
    That's nice

    Lol I know! The pub will still be there after bubs arrives
    Hubby is happy, tagged himself on Facebook with his mate 'having an awesome night' lol




    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

    CatesBean  (19-07-2013)

  7. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    209
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked
    51
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.
    Not everyone's husband is as perfect as yours obviously...

    Sorry but that comes across as extremely offensive!

    LOTS of men drink and are influenced by their mates, no matter their age.

    OP I don't think you were being unreasonable at all. I would feel exactly the same at 39 weeks! My DH isn't the type to go out and only have 2 drinks either...

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lambylamb For This Useful Post:

    Ashram  (19-07-2013),Blossompossumxxxx  (19-07-2013),Kellbell85  (20-07-2013),Lolakitty  (19-07-2013),RandR  (14-08-2013)

  9. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Anyway - thanks for all your opinions. There were a lot of very valid points for and against him going.

    I ended up telling him he could go if he wanted but to take the car.
    Turns out he decided he felt a bit guilty and organised to go to his mates house (responsible mate) to play pool & have pizza.

    They only live around the corner.

    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Just out of interest did you end of discussing your concerns with your husband?

  10. #106
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bayswater North Vic
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Just out of interest did you end of discussing your concerns with your husband?
    Well I did last night, but he was kind of grumpy after I implied I didn't want him to go.
    Then he came home from work today telling me he thought about it and he didn't want to go and apologised.
    So I got to further tell him why I was so upset. He says he does understand.
    So he played with DD for a bit and then went to his mates house saying he should be home early (his mate has a baby so it wont be a big night)

    He will be able to go out to the pub again soon if he wants.


    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

  11. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bayswater North Vic
    Posts
    986
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambylamb View Post
    Not everyone's husband is as perfect as yours obviously...

    Sorry but that comes across as extremely offensive!

    LOTS of men drink and are influenced by their mates, no matter their age.

    OP I don't think you were being unreasonable at all. I would feel exactly the same at 39 weeks! My DH isn't the type to go out and only have 2 drinks either...
    I wasn't sure if I was being hormonal in taking her comment that way....I guess I'm not.

    My husband is a great father, provider and we are best friends. Hardly a teenager.....silly thing to say.

    He can get carried away if he is around big drinkers. He used to be a big drinker but cut right down when I fell pregnant with our DD. His choice.




    DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

    Lambylamb  (20-07-2013)

  13. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,017
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked
    584
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.
    Are you telling me there are men out there that don't act like a teenage boy??

    Wow, I thought that was an urban myth.

    My husband is a fantastic provider & father, he however can sometimes behave like an overgrown 12 year old, keeps us all feeling young & I wouldn't have it any other way.

  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

    Lambylamb  (20-07-2013),Lolakitty  (19-07-2013),VanityFey  (14-08-2013)

  15. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,027
    Thanks
    1,447
    Thanked
    499
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why are men held to less of accountability than what women are?

    If a woman went out drinking and her husband said not to drink too much because she might have to come home and drive him to hospital, she wouldn't be able to use the excuse of "my friends influenced me to drink more" as a reason to why she just gave up on her responsibility to her family.

    Why do men get a free pass just because they have a dangly thing in between their legs?

    I am not talking about some random night that they just get carried away and it doesn't matter the next day. I am talking about knowing that you might be really needed by your family and still making the choice to do what you want and disregarding their needs. That is not okay for anyone!

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

    Boobycino  (20-07-2013),heeeeerekittykitty  (20-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2013),Purple Lily  (20-07-2013)

  17. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,546
    Thanks
    919
    Thanked
    1,250
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    Why are men held to less of accountability than what women are?

    If a woman went out drinking and her husband said not to drink too much because she might have to come home and drive him to hospital, she wouldn't be able to use the excuse of "my friends influenced me to drink more" as a reason to why she just gave up on her responsibility to her family.

    Why do men get a free pass just because they have a dangly thing in between their legs?

    I am not talking about some random night that they just get carried away and it doesn't matter the next day. I am talking about knowing that you might be really needed by your family and still making the choice to do what you want and disregarding their needs. That is not okay for anyone!

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm with you. It doesn't really shock me that there are some men that do this, it does shock me though that there are so many people willing to excuse or put up with it though!?! Absolutely wouldn't fly in this house.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

    Blossompossumxxxx  (20-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Not drinking it all
    By curiouschildcare in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 16-07-2013, 09:38
  2. Ds (almost 10m) not really drinking much
    By 2BlueBirds in forum Bottlefeeding Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 19:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
Heinz Baby Basics
Our BPA Free range offers you a choice for every stage of your baby’s feeding development. You’ll love our brilliant colours, inspired designs and innovative features. Heinz Baby Basics caters for your baby’s needs!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!