+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyway - thanks for all your opinions. There were a lot of very valid points for and against him going.

I ended up telling him he could go if he wanted but to take the car.
    Turns out he decided he felt a bit guilty and organised to go to his mates house (responsible mate) to play pool & have pizza.

They only live around the corner.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 19-07-2013 at 17:09.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (19-07-2013),Boobycino  (20-07-2013),Euphrosyne  (19-07-2013),VicPark  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Anyway - thanks for all your opinions. There were a lot of very valid points for and against him going.

Turns out he decided he felt a bit guilty and organised to go to his mates house (responsible mate) to play pool & have pizza.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    Glad it's turned out ok for you in the end!!

FIL rang today to see if DH was free for dinner at a special restaurant tonight (just them plus BIL) as a last hurrah of sorts so he is actually going to do this instead. Much more relaxed!

Gee, anyone would think having a baby is the end of the world!? (or your social life apparently!)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CatesBean For This Useful Post:

Lolakitty  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CatesBean View Post
    Glad it's turned out ok for you in the end!!

FIL rang today to see if DH was free for dinner at a special restaurant tonight (just them plus BIL) as a last hurrah of sorts so he is actually going to do this instead. Much more relaxed!

Gee, anyone would think having a baby is the end of the world!? (or your social life apparently!)
    That's nice

Lol I know! The pub will still be there after bubs arrives
    Hubby is happy, tagged himself on Facebook with his mate 'having an awesome night' lol

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

CatesBean  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.
    Not everyone's husband is as perfect as yours obviously...

Sorry but that comes across as extremely offensive!

LOTS of men drink and are influenced by their mates, no matter their age.

OP I don't think you were being unreasonable at all. I would feel exactly the same at 39 weeks! My DH isn't the type to go out and only have 2 drinks either...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lambylamb For This Useful Post:

Ashram  (19-07-2013),Blossompossumxxxx  (19-07-2013),Kellbell85  (20-07-2013),Lolakitty  (19-07-2013),RandR  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    Just out of interest did you end of discussing your concerns with your husband?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Just out of interest did you end of discussing your concerns with your husband?
    Well I did last night, but he was kind of grumpy after I implied I didn't want him to go.
    Then he came home from work today telling me he thought about it and he didn't want to go and apologised.
    So I got to further tell him why I was so upset. He says he does understand.
    So he played with DD for a bit and then went to his mates house saying he should be home early (his mate has a baby so it wont be a big night)

He will be able to go out to the pub again soon if he wants.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambylamb View Post
    Not everyone's husband is as perfect as yours obviously...

Sorry but that comes across as extremely offensive!

LOTS of men drink and are influenced by their mates, no matter their age.

OP I don't think you were being unreasonable at all. I would feel exactly the same at 39 weeks! My DH isn't the type to go out and only have 2 drinks either...
    I wasn't sure if I was being hormonal in taking her comment that way....I guess I'm not.

My husband is a great father, provider and we are best friends. Hardly a teenager.....silly thing to say.

He can get carried away if he is around big drinkers. He used to be a big drinker but cut right down when I fell pregnant with our DD. His choice.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Lambylamb  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.
    Are you telling me there are men out there that don't act like a teenage boy??

Wow, I thought that was an urban myth.

My husband is a fantastic provider & father, he however can sometimes behave like an overgrown 12 year old, keeps us all feeling young & I wouldn't have it any other way.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Smyles For This Useful Post:

Lambylamb  (20-07-2013),Lolakitty  (19-07-2013),VanityFey  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why are men held to less of accountability than what women are?

If a woman went out drinking and her husband said not to drink too much because she might have to come home and drive him to hospital, she wouldn't be able to use the excuse of "my friends influenced me to drink more" as a reason to why she just gave up on her responsibility to her family.

Why do men get a free pass just because they have a dangly thing in between their legs?

I am not talking about some random night that they just get carried away and it doesn't matter the next day. I am talking about knowing that you might be really needed by your family and still making the choice to do what you want and disregarding their needs. That is not okay for anyone!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (20-07-2013),heeeeerekittykitty  (20-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2013),Purple Lily  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why are men held to less of accountability than what women are?

If a woman went out drinking and her husband said not to drink too much because she might have to come home and drive him to hospital, she wouldn't be able to use the excuse of "my friends influenced me to drink more" as a reason to why she just gave up on her responsibility to her family.

Why do men get a free pass just because they have a dangly thing in between their legs?

I am not talking about some random night that they just get carried away and it doesn't matter the next day. I am talking about knowing that you might be really needed by your family and still making the choice to do what you want and disregarding their needs. That is not okay for anyone!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm with you. It doesn't really shock me that there are some men that do this, it does shock me though that there are so many people willing to excuse or put up with it though!?! Absolutely wouldn't fly in this house.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mathermy For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (20-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (20-07-2013)