+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haven't read all the replies but from 37 weeks onwards, if DH wanted to go out it was ok but he always had to be able to drive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OP, I really don't think you're being irrational at all. I think it totally comes down to the personality of our DH's as to whether we would be comfortable with them going out or not that late in our pregnancies. Some women who think you aren't being fair probably have responsible husbands who are capable of driving to a pub, having 1 -2 drinks then coming home at a reasonable hour. But as you said, your husband is easily influenced when it comes to drinking and it makes you feel uneasy. I know if it was my husband I would be very apprehensive as most of his mates are single and would more than encourage him to stay out getting legless until the early hours of the morning, and he wouldn't come home until 4 or 5am then need a whole day of sleep to recover.

It's totally valid to feel a bit stressed and uncomfortable with him going out so late in your pregnancy. He should be readily available if you happen to go into labour.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inertia For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would say have fun. Only read a few of Ur post and he isn't far away or wont get to drunk then have fun... As other people has said as long as u can get him by phone. U might find he wont stay that long if he hasnt seen them in yrs.... Maybe they would have nothing in common.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. If you feel uncomfortable about it, then that should be good enough. It's not like you do it every time. This is a one off, in exceptional circumstances.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrosyne View Post
    I really think you could come to a compromise.

If it was me I'd let him go out. I'd suggest he take the car (no taxi delays that way) and would expect he remained under the limit and was available on the phone.
    I do agree with this.

However, I think the OP knows her husband too well though and knows he'll want to have more than a few drinks when out with these guys.

I say if he wants to go out and drink as much as he likes, maybe he could chose a better time to do it. Perhaps a few weeks after the baby is born?

The OP is heavily pregnant and clearly not comfortable about sitting at home pondering the 'what ifs' regarding her husband being drunk and possibly uncontactable at a crucial time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think you're being unreasonable, but it wouldn't bother me really. As long as he was close enough and sober enough to be of some use in an emergency, it'd all be fine.
    Whilst I would probably prefer him to be home rubbing my feet that swell to 5 times their size during pregnancy, I would make the most of that time to watch the trashiest movies and indulge in some peace before baby #2 arrives.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would be ok with it if my OH stayed under the limit to drive and was going with the purpose of having some food and a catch up, rather than going for a drinking session (not that my OH does that anymore except for things like buck's nights).

My 1st pregnancy I did have to remind him not to drink too much at home, in case he needed to drive me. I did have to remind him this a few times when he'd go for a 2nd (large) glass of wine. Eventually he self-regulated this ok though.

I think sometimes just reminding our men of what we feel ok with or comfortable with is sufficient if they're a reasonable person normally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrassi View Post
    I do agree with this.

However, I think the OP knows her husband too well though and knows he'll want to have more than a few drinks when out with these guys.

I say if he wants to go out and drink as much as he likes, maybe he could chose a better time to do it. Perhaps a few weeks after the baby is born?

The OP is heavily pregnant and clearly not comfortable about sitting at home pondering the 'what ifs' regarding her husband being drunk and possibly uncontactable at a crucial time.
    I agree that does change things. Personal and past circumstances do need to be considered. My partner I would trust no issue, him with me not so much (I can be a little all or nothing when I go out).

"Pub Rights" comes with responsibilities. If past instances cause you to truly believe he can't go out stay under the limit and contactable, 39 weeks pregnant isn't the time I'd give him a chance to prove himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmoduckus View Post
    I think I would be extremely worried if I decided to start a family with someone who gave in to peer pressure so easily when it came to something so serious. I married an adult, not a teenage boy.
    That's a bit rude to say.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

Lambylamb  (19-07-2013)