+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DH going out drinking while u are 39W?

As the title says: would you be ok with your DH going out drinking and leaving you at home, 39 weeks pregnant with a 2 year old?

He doesn't often go out anymore anyway since DD was born - not because i say no, but he just isnt as interested. he used to party a lot but calmed down saying he would rather be at home (he is 33 now anyway)
    On the odd occasion if he does feel up for it, i have no issue. His mates are always welcome here for a drink too so it's not like he has no life.

But I really don't want him going out while I'm this pregnant. That's fair right?
    I'm being made to feel like a cow for saying I don't want him going.

Its not a special occasion or close friends either. They are guys he went to high school with who he has never really mentioned before. They just randomly chatted over Facebook tonight.
    Surely they can organise a catch up a couple of weeks after I've given birth.

EDIT- they are catching a taxi as his mates will be probably over the limit and I don't want DH to take the car in case i needed it for Dd for any reason. Our second car is currently at panel beaters as it got hit) imagine if they had trouble getting one. It's not a huge pub with lots of taxis.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 18-07-2013 at 22:22.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolakitty For This Useful Post:

VanityFey  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope! I would not be happy about it at all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is going out for drinks when I'll be 33 weeks and I'm not happy about it.. 39 weeks, I'd be fuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooooo in this case DH does not stand for Darling Husband, well not the first thought that springs to my mind anyway.

So if he is over the limit and you need him urgently, what happens then? I wouldn't leave my partner while waiting for something so significant to happen, too close to bang time for me. Doesn't say much for the IQ of his mates either.

babycake is offline Bubhub Award Winner - 2011- Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It would not really worry me to be honest. I would be happy for a night in by myself at 39 weeks
    Are you concerned that you would need help with dd? Would she not be in bed? Or are you worried that if you go into labour he would not be about?
    Last edited by babycake; 18-07-2013 at 19:35.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babycake For This Useful Post:

Baby Girl  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fair request OP. I'd tell him it's fine to go so long as he's available via phone at all times and under the limit to drive if required.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

babycake  (18-07-2013),Eko  (18-07-2013),gizmoduckus  (18-07-2013),MilkingMaid  (19-07-2013),mum2twinboys  (18-07-2013),River Song  (18-07-2013),~BEXTER~  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The more I read about other DH's the more I realise how wonderfully lucky I am this time around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope, I would be livid! On the chance you go in to labour, he'll be a drunk slobkabob mess and definitely in no shape to be a birthing partner. I don't think the hospital would even permit him into the room if you wanted him there. Hopefully he comes to his senses!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Will he be close (local pub) or far in the city?
    Also is he a big drinker?

These would be my questions.. If he just went to say hi, have 2 beers and come home within 5 mins if I need him then ok. If city & getting blotto, not a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol nope. Not darling at all. I don't get him. He's usually so paranoid about me and the baby but then he just occasionally has the dumbest ideas and can't see my logic.

He's told them he's not going but he's being a sook and gone all quiet. He will get over it.

Just thought I'd make sure I wasn't being silly not wanting him to go.

DH & I
    DD 2 years old
    Lola kitty
    & DS due end of July 2013!