+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help, DS only wants to eat bread

DS is a few days off 9 months and has been eating solids since six months. Normally he loves his food however liked being independent and feeding himself so we have been doing mostly finger food except porridge in the morning which he is getting pretty good at spoon feeding himself anyway.

However the last week no matter what I give him he won't eat it except bread or rice cakes.

He has just cut his first tooth so I suspect his mouth is sore so I am trying to just go with it but am after some ideas on what I can put on the bread. I have been putting avocado on it. And tried some ricotta yesterday which was ok.

Any other things to try?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Peanut butter
    Cream cheese
    Hummus
    Cheese
    Banana

Thanks
    Reviews
    When my DD is cutting a tooth, I give her watermelon pieces from the fridge for her to chew on. Nice and cool, and she likes the taste. I either hold the piece and she chews on it, or she holds it herself, just depends on what she feels like doing.

Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Almond butter
    Macadamia butter
    Egg ( scramble and spread on)
    Any kind of dip ( tzatziki ect)
    Baked beans ( smush on)
    Grilled cheese and avo

What other finger foods have you tried? Thick cut cucumber sticks are great for teething babies , especially if cold!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried one of those food net things?? Put all sorts of fruit and vegetables in it he may like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by missymoo9 View Post
    Have you tried one of those food net things?? Put all sorts of fruit and vegetables in it he may like that
    I've seen those net thingies and I always feel a tad miffed by them. How do they work?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the ideas. Will give them a go.

Elijahsmum i havent tried cucumber sticks yet so will do that today.

Normally he will eat kiwi fruit, manadrin, boiled egg, meat balls, avocado wedges etc. But even the usual stuff he hasnt been touching.

Last night he surprised me by eating about half a meat ball and then he had mushed up the pumpkin piece i gave him so stuck that on the bread which was ok.

He also slept through til 4.30 this morning for the first time in a couple weeks so i am hoping that means he is starting to feel better and will stop being so fussy with his food.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app