+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't call it acne - not yet - just looking at it. It looks like something is causing a reaction more than just general hormonal teenage breakouts. Hair Products, getting body wash on her face, make-up etc... it could all potentially cause it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to get little bumps on my head from hairspray when I'd style my fringe.. Maybe it's similar?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good skin care will get her so far, hoping it's not hormonal as it will still be there to some degree. I have PCOS and acne due to hormones that flares up at certain times in the cycle. Cetaphil is great - I use it, just be careful of the Benzac if she does ever use it - it tends to burn the skin a bit and has a bleaching component to it - so use clean, but white/older towels and be careful of clothing. At the moment after being on clomid for the past 4ish months my skin is almost perfect...just dry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looks like acne to me.

I personally find that what I eat affects my skin. Dairy makes me break out like crazy so you could do a bit of trail and error with foods to see if that helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes if you do try benzac use old sheets, pillow cases and towels. I've bleached so many if them! :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't use benzoyl peroxide unless it was much worse than this... It's probably better to find out what's causing it at this point than treat it.

The problem with benzoyl peroxide is that its drying... So it's meant to be a spot treatment to only use for a very short period of time... And while it can be useful it's probably not ideal for young skin that may be congested due to other external factors that you can simply avoid in future (trial and error will help figure out of certain things are causing it).

That's just my opinion anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I wouldn't use benzoyl peroxide unless it was much worse than this... It's probably better to find out what's causing it at this point than treat it.

The problem with benzoyl peroxide is that its drying... So it's meant to be a spot treatment to only use for a very short period of time... And while it can be useful it's probably not ideal for young skin that may be congested due to other external factors that you can simply avoid in future (trial and error will help figure out of certain things are causing it).

That's just my opinion anyway.
    I'd have to say I also agree with this - my doctor suggested it when I was very much over my acne - but all it did was burn even though it was only used on a few spots. And the higher the concentration, the more it burns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took her to the Dr thismorning and she has been prescribed Eryacne gel. Fingers crossed it helps. Thanks for your posts everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It looks like a rash to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no! I got the same thing a few months ago. Those are rashes that come out when there is too much heat and sweat. You can put baby powder or any prickly heat powder (I guess).