+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Def ask sassy mummy. Or pop a post in the 'ask a beauty therapist' thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    Oh your poor daughter Yes, definitely looks like acne to me, my skin was very similar at that age. Hope you manage to find something that helps!! SassyMummy is a beauty therapist on here, and I've seen her give some good ideas about products that can ease acne, perhaps give her a PM, and see if she can recommend some good stuff.

All the best.
    Thanks AM, yes Sassy has been great with advice in my last thread about this. We are slowly trying different recommended products. I didn't think it would come to needing the Dr, but here we are. I feel so bad for her as the women in my family have great skin (well apart from freckles, but never pimple problems) so this is all new to me. Her older brother only gets the odd pimple.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also thought maybe it's from the cats?? I googled "can my cats cause me to break out in pimples?" and I found this was a common question but no definite answer. Our cats are indoor only so they are clean but they still go to the litter tray and would obviously carry bacteria. We are building an outdoor area for the cats so they can 'get out' a bit more and not always be on her bed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had bad acne when I was younger and the only thing that cleared it up was the pill at about 13. Before that I saw a dermatologist who tried different medications but had no real luck with them. The dermatologist recommended cetaphil cleanser and also benzac. The benzac is very strong with benzol peroxide so I would try cetaphil and maybe the doctor might give her some doxycycline which is what they gave me to try first.

Its really awful and especially when kids are so mean about it. I hope you find something that works for her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I *think* forehead pimples are meant to be linked to digestive health? So I would definitely be trying some supplements with what the doctor recommends. Also, as silly as it might sound, she doesn't use hairspray does she? I've heard it can cause forehead pimples and I know heaps of school age kids use bucketloads to prevent lice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks LollyDolly, Cetaphil is what I bought today. Fingers crossed it helps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you tried Pro Active?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    I *think* forehead pimples are meant to be linked to digestive health? So I would definitely be trying some supplements with what the doctor recommends. Also, as silly as it might sound, she doesn't use hairspray does she? I've heard it can cause forehead pimples and I know heaps of school age kids use bucketloads to prevent lice?
    Yes she does use hairspray! interesting. I have also thought about getting her vitamin supplements but didn't know where to start, so will be asking the dr about that too.
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 18-07-2013 at 16:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A few years ago I kept on getting big pimples in between my eyebrows at the top of the bridge of my nose and my Dr recommended a cream called Benzac AC. Its main ingredient is benzoyl peroxide and it comes in 3 strengths - 2.5%, 5% and 10%. Google it for more info.

I still keep a tube of it handy for for the occasional flair up. It is amazing stuff, really clears up my skin. It can make your skin a bit more sensitive to sunburn so be aware of that in summer. I buy it from Chemist Warehouse, it is in the skincare section with the clearsil and similar type products. They also do a facewash.

Might be worth trying the 2.5% one - but I would do a little patch test to make sure it doesn't make things worse.

Kids can be so cruel. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    Also does she wear her hair out a lot? When I wear my hair out I find my skin is worse because I'm constantly rubbing it or touching it trying to get the hair off.