+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Ugh I am so underinsured, I keep meaning to get it sorted out but it's one of those jobs that just end up on the permanent 'some other time' list.
    Indigo I'm with you - I could spend several thousand replacing linen e.g. King size bed we have 3 sets of sheets, mattress protector, quilt, pillows probably easy $2k. If I have Sheridan stuff now I'm not going to want to replace it with Big W!
    Well we have target stuff so i dont need to replace it with Sheridan

Mind u i just bought a $95 latex pillow!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfishie View Post
    Ugh I am so underinsured, I keep meaning to get it sorted out but it's one of those jobs that just end up on the permanent 'some other time' list.
    Indigo I'm with you - I could spend several thousand replacing linen e.g. King size bed we have 3 sets of sheets, mattress protector, quilt, pillows probably easy $2k. If I have Sheridan stuff now I'm not going to want to replace it with Big W!
    We have cheapy stuff but these days its all so expensive. Especially kids clothes. I am still wearing clothes that were donated to us after the fire (4yrs later)

After the cyclone We only bought a lounge suite, tv, surround sound, coffee table, dining table, tv unit, jug, toaster. And that cost us $7000. Basic tab Curtains for our house cost $800!!! (For 5 windows) is just ridiculous.

When everything we owned was gone the last thing we wanted to worry about was having enough money to buy new things. With no insurance it was really hard. Mum lost everything and still has not recovered financially and the fire was 4yrs ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Well we have target stuff so i dont need to replace it with Sheridan

Mind u i just bought a $95 latex pillow!!!
    Its still $80 for a sheet set for a queen bed!!. (Targets a rip though lol). I just paid $120 for two king single sheet sets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Its still $80 for a sheet set for a queen bed!!. (Targets a rip though lol). I just paid $120 for two king single sheet sets.
    I find target quality very good tho We only have two sheet sets, one for the bed and one to wash (im a real minimalist - hate heaps of stuff!!)

We only rent too so that makes a difference, its only our personal items we have to worry about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    I find target quality very good tho We only have two sheet sets, one for the bed and one to wash (im a real minimalist - hate heaps of stuff!!)

We only rent too so that makes a difference, its only our personal items we have to worry about
    Really? My target 1000 thread count sheets are like plastic. Horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i buy target everything.....never had an issue

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

IndigoJ  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people are underinsured in general.

I want to strangle clients when they come in after having a car accident and tell me that they are uninsured.

Our contents is around $170k and with building insurance is only around the $1000 mark per year

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're with NRMA and have put in two claims in the past - one was terrible as it was a lightning strike - the older appliances survived and all the brand new ones, including two new computers, sound system, etc. for our work both got hit and were never replaced even though they never worked properly again. The second claim went fantastically though as the claims worker we got had just had the same thing happen to her.

For $130K contents and building insurance (enough to cover demolish and rebuild - can't remember what it is now - it was over-insured and we dropped it back after looking into building a house), we pay around $1300 a year. We got married in the old days so our negatives are elsewhere! Have portable insurance on rings. I think NRMA is expensive but it's convenient as we have the whole lot with them...except health.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Even the basics cost a huge amount. For example one set of sheets each for all our beds (4people)would be about $300. One towel each would be $100. So buying two sets, one for spare would add up to almost $1000 out of your $20, 000 payout. For very basic linen. Each to their own I suppose but having been there twice, one with no insurance and one with not enough insurance, now we overinsure.
    I guess you have expensive taste. The sheets on my bed were all of $15 from kmart. If I had to buy for all 3 of our beds I'm looking at $45.
    If you want to lash out and buy brand names or expensive items, then it makes sense to adjust your premium accordingly but for average, everyday items you can keep the premium quite low and that works for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    I guess you have expensive taste. The sheets on my bed were all of $15 from kmart. If I had to buy for all 3 of our beds I'm looking at $45.
    If you want to lash out and buy brand names or expensive items, then it makes sense to adjust your premium accordingly but for average, everyday items you can keep the premium quite low and that works for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No expensive taste here lol. We searched for king single sheets the other day and $50 was the cheapest. That's $100 for two seta aw have bunks. So $200 with spares. Last time I looked at target the sheets were $79 for a double set, double that for spares, that's $360.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub