+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Too sensitive?

I'm wondering if I'm being too sensitive or if there are others out there as frustrated as me.
    This is my first bub, I'm 24 weeks. At about 21/22 weeks my bump popped. Now dont get me wrong, I love it, im so proud, so excited but I'm getting really agitated at the number of comments about the size it it.
    If I hear 'are you sure there aren't twins in there?' or ' well that must be a big baby' or ' you mustn't have long to go now' or something along those lines I think I might scream!
    I don't think I'm overly big and granted most of the comments (but not all) are coming from men and women who have never had kids, I am just at the end of my tether.
    I kinda find it insulting, like calling someone fat.
    I don't think they intentionally intend to insult.
    I don't want to be upset by it and I don't want to be rude to people but its really starting to wear thin.
    Too sensitive or justified frustration?

Thanks
    Reviews
    no, this is just the beginning unfortunately. it won't stop. then when you have bubs, everyone will tell you what to do, how to do it. I don't think it's intentional sometimes, I just think everyone thinks they know everything. then will come the ''so when is number 2 coming''.. just smile, nod and ignore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. This is the start! Just ignore them. I'm currently preg with my 4th and when we started telling people we were pregnant the first words were omg are u crazy. ( mind u this pregnancy was unplanned) but I brushed it off at first then it started getting to me. But people got use to it and now I'm 25+4wks. Just joke with them and say nah I'm not pregnant this is just my food baby. Lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lastbubno4 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened to me all the time, and I never really got that big! It usually does come from people who haven't had kids (I was the same) and I think it's because all the movies you see pregnant women not being too big so when you see a real pregnant woman you get surprised at how big you can get.

No real help, just get used to it!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantsy For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastbubno4 View Post
    Yep. This is the start! Just ignore them. I'm currently preg with my 4th and when we started telling people we were pregnant the first words were omg are u crazy. ( mind u this pregnancy was unplanned) but I brushed it off at first then it started getting to me. But people got use to it and now I'm 25+4wks. Just joke with them and say nah I'm not pregnant this is just my food baby. Lol
    Yeah I have been saying to some 'there is more burrito than baby in there' when I know them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happens the other way around too. I had a very, very small bump and would constantly get comments about me not eating enough, my baby being unhealthy, me not being actually pregnant but just bloated, etc etc. It took all of my willpower not to tell everyone to just STFU and to mind their own business.
    Of course, I didn't make it any easier on myself by showing it off to everyone who would look. I kinda invited the comments lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    hahaaa. sometimes i'd say no im just fat. and the looks of horror id get were priceless.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (18-07-2013),mushiedaina  (18-07-2013),SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It used to drive me mad.

Then one or two people said that I was to small and then I got paranoid so I don't think you can win.

I agree, people always find something to comment on. Size, size of baby once there out, feeding, the list goes on...

I realise now that people just try and make conversation and be polite and as you say, men and women who haven't had children don't know what bothers you when pregnant (I didn't even know what bothered me while I was pregnant, it just seemed everything did!)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It gets so annoying!! I feel your pain, I popped super early and the amount of people who say things like "oh you must be due any day now!" uh no... 3 months actually.

When you become pregnant people think it's a free for all to comment on everything you eat, drink, what you wear, what you look like.... some people will even think it's ok to rub your belly!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and right at the end DH used to joke as I looked like I'd swallowed a basketball - I was huge belly and that was it so everyone used to look and comment, people would stare while I was walking down the street. I so wanted to grow the balls to say to the 50th person who said 'wow you mustn't have long to go' that day, 'you realise I'm just fat?' Couldn't do it but it would have been priceless

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (18-07-2013)