+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Urgh really awful, awful! Tell them they have caught affluenza and either call them out on it or limit your time with them, affluenza catches and you don't want to be drawn into the crap.

Next time they brag, just a quick "your shout then" with a big grin or even saying flat out "you talk about money a lot don't you".

At the rate you've described I probably couldn't hold my tongue.
    LOL, good idea!!!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    My DH is a bit of a compulsive liar...partly due to poor self esteem and partly for self or others protection (ie. grew up lying to his mum to protect her as I guess he felt responsible for her depression).

Drives me nuts sometimes though...the things he lies about are often so inconsequencial, I'm like, why not just tell the truth? Other things he lies about end up being more detrimental than the truth and after the fact I say 'why? If you had told me then we would now be better off because of xyz'.

He does realise its a problem though but its very hard for him to stop - he's been doing it his whole life.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wouldn't surprise me if they are big money wasters and don't have any money to do these things!! Soon they'll be making up excuses as to why they couldn't do this or that.
    From someone that's lived on the GC all my life they certainly wouldn't be getting a 3 bed penthouse or a basic apartment for that amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they are big money wasters and don't have any money to do these things!! Soon they'll be making up excuses as to why they couldn't do this or that.
    From someone that's lived on the GC all my life they certainly wouldn't be getting a 3 bed penthouse or a basic apartment for that amount.
    yeah I know. We are always at the GC so know what goes for what usually... I said to my dh that they must really have a listen to themselves because lately especially their talk just gets more ridiculous.. but it's not just that, it's EVERYTHING... everything is just so blown out of proportion, you don't know what to believe.