+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I worry? 6 months old funny shaped head???

My sons head seems a bit weird to me. Only noticed when washing his hair tonight that it's all a bit wonky-lumpy-uneven. Do I worry about it or do heads take a while to smooth out? I know the causes of it but thought it would look better by now. He had severe moulding issues from his birth. He was posterior but turned transverse whilst pushing him out. So he had to be forceped out ( which took 2 goes coz he pulled back in). He then had broken bones so could only sleep on one side for 3 weeks which made his head flat on one side.. He still has an indent on his forehead from forceps , the flat head has gone but it all just seems more bumpy than I have seen before in a baby this age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would see a paed, there might be something they can suggest or do. I'm not entirely sure, but I know one lady who had special moulded head supports etc for similar issues.
    Sounds like a hell of a birth story too

Thanks
    Reviews
    They spoke of those helmet things back at his 8 week check up but weren't too worried. Might take him to see the CHN. Oh my birth story is crazy. I really should share it but I don't want to scare people.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If it will help you to get it out, just put a warning in the title. But don't be ashamed or scared to post it, you lived through it, sharing it might help someone else and it might help you to feel better about it. Either way, big and hope you get the head issue sorted

Thanks
    Reviews
    It might help others, that's true. I think I will do it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD had moulding on her head at about 3 months from being breech until 38 weeks meaning she favoured one side when lying flat. It has righted itself as she has grown and had lots of tummy time and carrying upright in the ergo. I reckon get it checked out but dont stress too much about it as the head is still flexible at this age and can right itself as bubs grows