Closed Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shellandliv84 View Post
    Desperate, really. What's wrong with wanting a safe, usually satisfactory experience? Surely going out to a pub, picking up a random man is more desperate then knowing your body, wanting to something and doing it. Sounds very empowering to me. I don't think prostitution is shameful, however I have never been one so I can only say it from my point of view. If you have made a decision to take control of your life, make your own choices and do it, good on you. I wish I had of charged for the one night stands I had when I was younger!
    If you call pull a shag on your own (without paying) then to me that says the person has issues (physical, mental, social).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    I also couldn't give a **** if a sex worker was my child's teacher. If she is caring and loving and teaching my child correctly then that is all that matters.
    There are criteria other than teaching ability and having a kind heart that an adult needs to satisfy before they are allowed to be around kids. There are background working with kids checks for a reason: to weed out shady characters and people with issues that although may be able to teach, may (intentionally or unintentionally) bring harm to the kids.

Theres no way in heck would I want a prostitute anywhere near my child. Partly because if they were a prostitute then it was likely poor judgement, issues and questionable morals that got them there. And partly because being involved in prostitution they are probably involved with shady characters (whether from within the industry or clients).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post

As for the concern that a sex worker might seduce someone for a raise, seriously?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If they are not eligible for anything why would that be? Because they or their parents are earning too much?

I stand by my comments. There are plenty alternatives to paying for a university education that don't involve prostitution. Sorry but no amount of name calling is going to cause me to flip on this one.
    VicPark your very strong responses and views toward prostitution indicate to me that your problems with the industry run deep. Perhaps you should have a good reflection on this. Is there more to it? I'm an ex sex worker and now a qualified counsellor and social worker Perhaps I could help? oh hang on... That's right I'm disgusting, have no self respect, am a "dimwit" who had poor judgement when making my decision to become a sex worker. You'd probably avoid me like the plague. You certainly wouldn't let me near your children. Or do these things only apply to current sex workers?

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sophisto For This Useful Post:

blissfulfairy  (20-07-2013),HippyGirl85  (19-07-2013),ICanDream  (19-07-2013),jaq  (19-07-2013),Luna Lovegood  (19-07-2013),Smyles  (19-07-2013),soccer mum  (22-07-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (19-07-2013)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    There is no way a former sex worker could be a teacher. If they were found out it would be the end of their career because the school community would not accept it. It's just the way our society is. There are a number of examples of teachers losing their jobs because they had done topless photos in the past, or even one guy I think had his dating profile online uncovered by a bunch of students and he was basically drummed out of the school, so I can only imagine what would happen to a former sex worker.

As for studying/working, I had an eight week full time teaching prac and as a result my casual employer replaced me. I still had bills to pay and food to eat and buses to catch which my unpaid prac didn't provide for. Austudy covered my rent and my bus ticket and that was about it. Sometimes it's not as simple as 'get a job'...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-07-2013),VicPark  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    If you call pull a shag on your own (without paying) then to me that says the person has issues (physical, mental, social).
    Why? What if the women was busy, successful and just had no time or the inclination to go and "pull a shag" but still wants to be satisfied sexually. Doesn't mean they have issues!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patience Belmont For This Useful Post:

soccer mum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    There is no way a former sex worker could be a teacher. If they were found out it would be the end of their career because the school community would not accept it. It's just the way our society is. There are a number of examples of teachers losing their jobs because they had done topless photos in the past, or even one guy I think had his dating profile online uncovered by a bunch of students and he was basically drummed out of the school, so I can only imagine what would happen to a former sex worker.
    Or the Prime Minister, Premier, Judges or anyone in a position of power (CEO of large companies) etc. It's just not acceptable.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaq View Post

* I'm thinking some lucky person is going to be cleaning this soon
    And that would be me

Closed for cleaning and so that everyone can catch their breath, make a cuppa or kiss their kids.

Over and out for now

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (19-07-2013),jaq  (19-07-2013)