Closed Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    It shouldn't be shameful. It's just a job.
    To the PP who said it is shameful if its a $50 bj to buy drugs, but it's ok if you can make $4K in a night... I don't agree. The drug habit is usually an addiction, so it's a disease unto itself- would it be less shameful if it was a $50 bj to buy drugs to treat a stomach ulcer? Or a mental illness? Or a chest infection? Providing an adult (male or female) enters into it freely, I don't think we can apply such conditions. It is what it is, regardless of motivation.
    Yes it would be less shameful. Just because you use drugs doesn't mean you're an addict

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Well then unless they are a kiwi living in OZ their situation can't be that bad. In which case probably best to tighten their belt instead of loosening it.
    That is an extremely ignorant view. There are a lot of people who are not eligible for anything or what they are eligible for has them living below the poverty line. I'm not saying if you can't buy the pair of shoes you want go sell your fanny but there are people who genuinely don't know where there next meal is coming from

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ntm View Post
    That is an extremely ignorant view. There are a lot of people who are not eligible for anything or what they are eligible for has them living below the poverty line. I'm not saying if you can't buy the pair of shoes you want go sell your fanny but there are people who genuinely don't know where there next meal is coming from
    If they are not eligible for anything why would that be? Because they or their parents are earning too much?

I stand by my comments. There are plenty alternatives to paying for a university education that don't involve prostitution. Sorry but no amount of name calling is going to cause me to flip on this one.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

~ElectricPink~  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If they are not eligible for anything why would that be? Because they or their parents are earning too much?

I stand by my comments. There are plenty alternatives to paying for a university education that don't involve prostitution. Sorry but no amount of name calling is going to cause me to flip on this one.
    I just want to clear up that the cut off due to parents' income isn't that high, especially when you take their mortgage and other living expenses into account. Most average two income families earn too much yet aren't able to afford the living expenses of a second household for their adult child. Considering they are dependent on parents until 25 (unless that has recently changed).
    The only legit way around this is to defer uni for a year and work full time to earn a certain amount so that you can be classed as independent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    I just want to clear up that the cut off due to parents' income isn't that high, especially when you take their mortgage and other living expenses into account. Most average two income families earn too much yet aren't able to afford the living expenses of a second household for their adult child. Considering they are dependent on parents until 25 (unless that has recently changed).
    The only legit way around this is to defer uni for a year and work full time to earn a certain amount so that you can be classed as independent.
    If you couldn't work while studying (rare) then this would be a valid alternative to prpstitution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you couldn't work while studying (rare) then this would be a valid alternative to prpstitution.
    Oh I'm with you on that, but I just wanted to clear up why income support from parents isn't always suitable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just as bad and the female clients just as desperate too.
    Desperate, really. What's wrong with wanting a safe, usually satisfactory experience? Surely going out to a pub, picking up a random man is more desperate then knowing your body, wanting to something and doing it. Sounds very empowering to me. I don't think prostitution is shameful, however I have never been one so I can only say it from my point of view. If you have made a decision to take control of your life, make your own choices and do it, good on you. I wish I had of charged for the one night stands I had when I was younger!
    Last edited by Patience Belmont; 19-07-2013 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ntm View Post
    Yes it would be less shameful. Just because you use drugs doesn't mean you're an addict
    You think there are many people giving oral sex to strangers for the purpose of buying some recreational drugs? I doubt it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also couldn't give a **** if a sex worker was my child's teacher. If she is caring and loving and teaching my child correctly then that is all that matters.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to our4boys For This Useful Post:

Patience Belmont  (19-07-2013),risfaerie  (19-07-2013),soccer mum  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post

Can you imagine hiring a prostitute as a lawyer/engineer/HR manager and then him/her having a meeting with clients and those clients being um previous clients in a different sense of your new employee? I'd also be concerned that if they've previous sold themselves for sex to pay the bills what's to stop them using sex to get perks, close deals, get promotions etc? What about your children's school teachers having been prostitutes for the last 5 years whilst they studied?
    If I hired someone and one of their previous clients from one industry became a client of my company in their current industry, I doubt I would really care. Depending on their current position, a conflict of interest issue may occur, however in many industries these are frequent and easily dealt with. Imo, attaching shame to prostitution makes it more likely that these conflicts would not be acknowledged, as people are less likely to disclose something if they feel they will be judged for it. In a perfect world, we could just be open and honest about such things!

As for the concern that a sex worker might seduce someone for a raise, seriously? Plenty of people use sex and sexuality to their advantage. They are not all sex workers, and not all sex workers would do that. Just because you are a priest, does not make you a pedophile. Just because you work in the sex industry, does not mean you will r00t anyone that offers you a good deal.

I would be happier to find out that my child's teacher was a prostitute that engaged in consensual sex for money than I would be if I found out they were a convicted child sex offender or serial rapist. One is a job, the other two are criminal activities.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to risfaerie For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (19-07-2013),Patience Belmont  (19-07-2013)