Closed Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I really struggle with the industry as a whole and have been quite vocal about my feelings regarding treating humans as a commodity to be bought and used.

I honestly would be heartbroken if my children ended up working in the industry in any way and I hate to think of them being consumers of such a "product".

That said, I don't think that life is black and white and I would never be so judgmental as to assume that people involved in the industry are x, y or z. I don't know their circumstances or their stories.

So no, I don't think it's a shameful occupation but I do think it's often a shame.
    Yes this. I'm not a fan of the sex industry, I believe it perpetuates the belief that women are just there for male gratification and are a commodity. 3 holes and all that.

Having said that, as a feminist I believe choice outweighs everything, and especially if it's a true choice, not to feed a drug habit or feed kids, that is their choice. I could hardly say I support women to freely choose their own paths and make their own decisions about their lives and bodies, but then put a qualifier where the sex industry doesn't count.

Do I think it's shameful - no. Do I want it for my daughter for the above reasons - no. There is a difference between it being shameful and less desirable as a career/money maker.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (18-07-2013),beebs  (18-07-2013),ExcuseMyFrench  (18-07-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I was using it as an example basically to say "people who the prostitute does not find attractive". I agree some people might find big fat hairy men physically attractive, but most wouldn't. That doesn't mean you can't fall in love with a big fat hairy man. I think (unlike men) women can fall head over heals for an unattractive man because their personality can be a real turn on. I certainly did in my younger days. thought he was Tom Cruise at the time though That's why you find unattractive men on the TV all the time, but rarely unattractive women. But that's another thread!
    Wtf?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (18-07-2013),CakeyMumma  (18-07-2013),HippyGirl85  (18-07-2013),Luna Lovegood  (18-07-2013),Meg2  (22-07-2013),misskittyfantastico  (18-07-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-07-2013),Wheaty  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I really struggle with the industry as a whole and have been quite vocal about my feelings regarding treating humans as a commodity to be bought and used.

I honestly would be heartbroken if my children ended up working in the industry in any way and I hate to think of them being consumers of such a "product".

That said, I don't think that life is black and white and I would never be so judgmental as to assume that people involved in the industry are x, y or z. I don't know their circumstances or their stories.

So no, I don't think it's a shameful occupation but I do think it's often a shame.
    This exactly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I find my very hairy (skinny) man quite sexy! Just on this there are a lot of jobs that require a certain level of intimacy where the client might be perceived as somewhat gross and that person still has to do their job. (yes true, not necessarily taking that person inside your body) but there are absolutely times in health work that staff are faced with things that are quite repulsive- they still have to do their job. (I work in a hospital so I have heard a lot of stories)i.e. women whose personal hygiene leaves A LOT to be desired have babies, and midwives have to attend them. I was seeing a client at work the other day and his foot odour was so so so repulsive that my eyes were almost watering, I was stuck in a closed room for an hour with him, it was repulsive, but I am a professional so I got on with it.
    Have to steel yourself against something gross is not just the domain of a sex worker
    Good points

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Wtf?

I challenge you to watch the evening news... A current affairs show ... A sports show... Game show and then compare the % of attractive men to the % of attractive women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    Just on this there are a lot of jobs that require a certain level of intimacy where the client might be perceived as somewhat gross and that person still has to do their job. (yes true, not necessarily taking that person inside your body) but there are absolutely times in health work that staff are faced with things that are quite repulsive- they still have to do their job. (I work in a hospital so I have heard a lot of stories)i.e. women whose personal hygiene leaves A LOT to be desired have babies, and midwives have to attend them. I was seeing a client at work the other day and his foot odour was so so so repulsive that my eyes were almost watering, I was stuck in a closed room for an hour with him, it was repulsive, but I am a professional so I got on with it.
    Have to steel yourself against something gross is not just the domain of a sex worker
    Yes, I was thinking the same thing. Digital removal of fecal impaction etc would be pretty unpleasant, no matter how attractive the patient was!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I challenge you to watch the evening news... A current affairs show ... A sports show... Game show and then compare the % of attractive men to the % of attractive women.
    Whatever. Can we go back to discussing the sex industry, but this time try not to cite specific physical traits as the personification of vulgar and lecherous people.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (18-07-2013),Luna Lovegood  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Deleting. Pointless post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I think you missed the point of SPC's wtf. But meh, no need to derail the thread any further.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (18-07-2013),Luna Lovegood  (18-07-2013),RobinSparkles  (19-07-2013),SpecialPatrolGroup  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was using it as an example basically to say "people who the prostitute does not find attractive". I agree some people might find big fat hairy men physically attractive, but most wouldn't. That doesn't mean you can't fall in love with a big fat hairy man. I think (unlike men) women can fall head over heals for an unattractive man because their personality can be a real turn on. I certainly did in my younger days. thought he was Tom Cruise at the time though That's why you find unattractive men on the TV all the time, but rarely unattractive women. But that's another thread!
    You must have a pretty rubbish view of men if you think they are incapable of falling in love with a woman based on personality. Just wow. Talk about a lack of respect...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

JungleMum  (18-07-2013),Luna Lovegood  (18-07-2013)