+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Is this normal 2yo behaviour?

DS has meltdowns/tantrums over odd things. I don't know if he's just a normal 2yo or if maybe something is wrong.

Some examples are:
    - me taking his shoes off when he's not sitting at the right place on the couch
    - me putting the lid on the jam jar when he wanted to pass it to me. I had to take the lid off the jam, give it to him so he could pass it to me
    - putting the wrong shoe on first.
    - taking his seatbelt off from my position in the driver's seat instead of getting out, opening his door and doing it from outside
    - I moved the spoon in his porridge and made it uneven.

Many many many more. It feels like it goes on all day. I know toddlers like predictability and things a certain way but is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My two yo Chucks tanties over pretty much anything but is particularly bothered by anything 'broken' ie a biscuit cheese slice banana, a leaf, a peice of paper or wrapper, anything that actually is broken lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh god yes. Is there a worse feeling than handing a toddler a banana and it breaks, and there's not another one?

Almost as bad as cutting toast into triangles when they want squares.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hope it's normal cause my 3 1/2 year old is like this! Just before he screamed the house down cause his sister took the bath plug out instead of him, he grabbed the plug and put it back so he could take it out again.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    There is a hilarious blog devoted to this phenomenon:

http://reasonsmysoniscrying.tumblr.com/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

bitterpure  (17-07-2013),Boobycino  (17-07-2013),jagamoe  (17-07-2013),snowqu33n  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooooo normal. I have to try not to laugh at some of the things DS has a tantrum over lately.

Today he had a tantrum because I opened a door and he wanted to do it. Ended up closing the door and letting him open it as I was in no mood for a battle. And another tantrum because I hung up a towel and he wanted to do it... (somehow I don't think he'll be having tantrums about me hanging up his towels for him when he's 17!!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yep! My son is turning 3 tomorrow and I'm hoping there's some magic switch when he has his birthday He has matured a lot the last couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Absolutely normal. DS used to throw a wobbly if he wasn't first to open the garage door. And if I took his shoes off for him instead of letting him do it himself. And all sorts of things. He has thankfully grown out of it. It's just a phase. Sometimes it's almost funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Phew! Feeling relieved. I thought maybe he was autistic or something.

FL - great blog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally normal. Just today my 2 year old had a meltdown that I didn't let him completely climb into the car and up into his seat all by himself, that I didn't have his Percy train in my bag...only Thomas :-/ that I stood on the wrong side of him when we were playing 'ready steady go', that I touched his dinner after it was in front of him, I didn't button his pjs correctly he had to undo the top and had me redo it....still not sure why, that I didn't let him climb into his cot asleep now ready to go again tomorrow. These are the ones I remember. I must admit I LOVE how opinionated and independent he is. So adorable.