+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hey Booboo.......

Am glad you went for that second opinion even if the fit of the place/FS wasn't quite right for you. Did you learn anything new/different while you were there anyway??

I'm just waiting for AF to show up then it's all systems go!!! The last couple of weeks I've started doing almost daily meditation (downloaded a guided meditation off the net that's designed especially for IVF ladies thanks to my good friend on the AACEP thread, Domiffy's recommendation) and have been doing that plus last week I started having massages done as well and will be doing those weekly until ET (should I make it that far). Am hoping both these things will help to keep my stress/anxiety levels to the bare minimum this cycle(LOFL!!! Who am I kidding??), plus I'm hoping the massage will also help with the bloating/fluid retention of the drugs.

Good luck with your review next week luv. Will be keeping an eye out for your update and thanks again for thinking of me and for all your kind wishes Take care lovely and I'll hear from you soon. Until then...............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    BIB I was doing acupuncture for a while, but then found massages so much better or me too. Did you get the Zita West CD?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hello Emski my sweet...............

No, Domiffy put me on to a lady named Anji (www.anjionline.com) but I'll check out this Zita West chick too

AF arrived this morning after I posted, so am booked in to see WDA on Sat morn for all the usual sh*t and will start jabbing then I've also booked in next week's massage too I wanted to do something extra this cycle, but the budget wouldn't quite stretch to acupuncture, so I thought massage was the next best thing, plus there's so many cheap deals on the net (most of them less than $50 for an hr's massage) which makes it affordable for me, so why not??? I'm feeling better for having them, that's for sure!!!

How are you going girl??? I see you're getting the ball rolling on the ED thing. Good for you luv March will be here before you know it

Ok luv, take care and have a beautiful day.........Until next time........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry for your loss emski, thinking of u. Along time ago I lost a little boy at 16 wks so I understand the pain. Wish u all the best for next Mar xo Blonde, FS suggested doing the longer cycle and on a higher dose of 300. He was also willing to put 2 back if we r lucky to get 2 to day 3. Will see reg FS next week as mentioned, hoping they too will let us do a 3 dt. I'll also talk to him about melatonin and anything else that may help, have been continuing with the dhea. Enjoy the massages and hope this is your time gl x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Booboo........

I would take what advice the other FS gave you about doing the longer cycle and upping your dose of FSH to 300IU to your current FS when you go to your review appointment. You don't have to tell him/her you've gotten a second opinion, only that you've been doing some research and was wondering about the benefits of doing a long cycle with a slight increase in your meds and it couldn't hurt to try at the very least could it??? You get the idea luv

I'm sorry the other FS didn't feel quite right to go with, because his idea's are on the right track in my opinion and the fact he's willing to let you transfer two at Day 3 is a massive bonus especially if your current FS is going to dig his heels in and still insist on doing Day 5 transfers. Most FS will transfer 2 embryo's as standard practice for women 35yrs plus (if that's what you want, of course), and some will say because its your first transfer, to go with one and others will be adamant only one because of the risk of twins etc (which, in truth, is a very small risk for women 35yrs plus, but a risk all the same, so that needs to be taken into consideration if you do transfer more than one embryo).

I'm glad you're keeping up with the DHEA and I hope he/she's prepared to give you the Melatonin script as well. Are you taking the supplements from the list I gave you luv?? If not, take a copy of that list and show your FS at your appointment and get his/her opinion on that, but I can tell you, all the "top notch" FS's recommend them, but its up to you girl

Thanks for your well wishes luv. Am off to see WDA on Sat, so will begin jabbing then. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time Ok girl, gotta go for now, take care and I'll talk to you soon. Until next time......

P.S....Am sorry to read that you lost your little one at 16wks. Even if it was a long time ago, I'm sure it's something that you never really get over, just learn to live with. No doubt having to go down this path to try and have another baby doesn't help either I'm guessingxoxoxoxoxxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-11-2013 at 05:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found the other FS a bit insensitive, don't get me wrong I appreciated his advice and was glad to hear he wud do a 3dt for us, I'm sure he just skimmed through our records though, kinda felt like a no. just hoping our reg one will if not we may have to go back. Heard about the pumpkin seeds/Gojis I was wondering where u got the royal jelly, will have a look next time at chemist, do u take that on going? Is that just something u have to come off as soon as pregnant? I have been taking elevit for a while now and dh menevit, so not sure whether to add a few of the others as some of it is in this anyway. Will get some fish oil too, Ive heard of coq10 as well do u know much about that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Booboo..........

You can get Royal Jelly in capsule form from the chemist. I buy it fresh and take 1/2 a tsp a day (www.beehealthyaustralia.com.au) although I warn you, the fresh form tastes vile!!! Capsule form is fine to use too. The Co-Enzyme Q10 is to help with egg quality as is almost everything else on that list I posted. The Vitamin E is for your endometrial lining.

Although the Menevit you and your DH take does contain some of the vitamins etc that are on the list I posted, they're not in a high enough concentration/level to do the job they're intended for (which is egg quality for us girls and sperm quality for the guys), hence why you have to take the additional supplements/vitamins at the dosage I posted.

All the supplements/vitamins I posted are meant to be taken for at least 3 months to get the full benefit from them (as that's how long it takes for our bodies to make eggs and sperm...but anything from a month onwards would be helpful) and you take them everyday right up until EPU (except the DHEA, which can either be dropped down to 1 a day from when you start stimming until EPU or just cut it out completely from when you start stimming..its up to you).

I hope this helps you understand a bit better now luv.....any other questions, just ask
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 29-11-2013 at 15:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pain of losing one never goes away I went for a scan to find out the sex and found no heart beat 1 of the hardest times of my life. I have pictures of him and foot prints that I will treasure forever. So I found the Coq10, got the Swiss brand - they all seem to be either 150 or 75 mg. Do u take 2 of the higher one? Also got the fish oil, was in a bit of a rush couldn't see the royal jelly but will ask about it tomorrow at the chemist. Thanks for all of your advice, so u start jabbing tomorrow, not long now x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Booboo.......

Oh luv.... That must have been devastating for you to go through, I truly am so sorry you had to experience that. That's great you have those mementos of your son to remember him by. He was real and he was obviously very much loved by you and always will be

Regarding the Co-Q10, take 2x150mg capsules a day. I always just bought whatever the cheapest brand was as it can get a bit expensive going through them.

Have started jabbing away now. Am doing 300IU of Puregon (150iu in the morn, 150iu at night) and alternating that with 300IU of Menopur (taken in the same way as the Puregon) on alternative days. I only wanted to go with 150IU of Menopur but my FS (who initially ok'd my request),had a rethink and has convinced me to do 300IU of Menopur instead...Mmmmmm.......he did have a compelling argument for it, which was he was concerned my follicles wouldn't grow uniformly if I was doing the FSH dosages as 300IU one day and 150IU the other. He said I could do that if I really wanted to, but could be risky. Maybe if I was a woman who got 15+ eggs at EPU everytime, I would of been more inclined to do that, but seeing as I'm not, didn't want to risk even one precious egg, so deferred to his wishes on this one

He's also going to give me an intralipid infusion after I've had EPU as well, not that he thinks I have any immune isssues, but more as a preventative...."just in case" is what he said. Whatev's!!! There's no downside to doing it, so I'm open to it

Ok girl, hope you're having a good weekend so far. I think I'm going to go for a "Nanna Nap" after lunch. Had a ridiculously early appoint (even for him) with my FS this morning, so have been awake since 4am!!!

Take care and good luck with your review appointment this week luv. Be looking out for your update. Until next time.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 30-11-2013 at 13:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hi Booboo................

Just wanted to wish you luck at your appointment today

Take care luv........