+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default dhea side effects and feed back

hi all, im new to the forum.ive had 3 rounds of unsuccessful icis..and my fs has put me on dhea. im almost 10 weeks in..and im due for my 4th round next week.i just would like to here other ladies views and side effects of dhea.my side effects are minor and i get a bit more sweaty at the gym...so im hopimg this is the answer to me problems?i previously have been able too get a good number of eggs but they are poor quality an immature..im ready too tackle this cycle with everything i have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi

if u trawl back u should find a few threads on dhea....it was some time ago. Good luck....i credit getting both of my children to DHEA...prior to it i wasnt get good eggs numbers or good embies....it definately improved the quality. Altough u tend to not get the full efect of dhea til u haven been on for 4 months....hope it works for u too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Becksta.......

I'm currently taking DHEA (75mg a day) in preparation for my next cycle in Oct/Nov sometime. My research into possible side-effects of DHEA are:-
    • Insomnia
    • Acne
    • Oily Skin
    • Hair Loss
    • Increased hair growth on chin/side of the face
    • Greasy Hair
    • Deepening Voice
    • Increased Libido
    • Enlarged Clitoris

Personally, the only side-effects I've experienced are:- insomnia (resolved itself after a few weeks), slightly oily skin (again, resolved itself after a few weeks), slighlty greasy hair (comes and goes), increased hair growth on side of the face and upper lip (Not talking in Yetti proportions.... Nothing a bit of Nair hair removal cream won't fix!!!....LOL), a few pimples in the PMS phase preceeding AF (and I usually never have any or maybe the occasional hormonal one here and there) and I do believe I've experienced an increase in energy from it as well.

I've been taking DHEA (and also 5mg of Melatonin at night plus copious amounts of vitamins etc) since the end of May this year. Although I took it for almost 6 weeks before my last cycle, I don't think it made any difference to my egg quality at that point as I hadn't taken it for long enough to get the full benefit. Will see how I go on the next cycle egg quality wise.

Good luck on your upcoming cycle and babydust to you!!!! (stupid BH won't let me post the babydust icon for some reason.....Whatev's!!! ) Pop back in and let us know how you got on. Am very interested to learn if it made a difference to you or not.

Hope this helps you love.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-07-2013 at 12:32.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Becksta  (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi blondein vagas,
    i seem to find a nw hair every coupler days ill have to get some nair aswell...ive noticed my energy levels have increased when i go to the gym, and i am getting really short with people.but it could be an increase in levels aswell.
    ive heard good things bout dhea but we will see..ill keep you posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Hi Becksta.........

Yep, thinking back, I was rather moody and feeling somewhat aggressive at times in the first few weeks or so of taking DHEA, but thankfully, it subsided over time

Yes, keep me posted love....best of luck to you girl........ and ......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My husband advised me I had roid rage for the first couple of weeks.
    Other than that GREASY HAIR! Argh - have to wash it at least once a day... no getting away with dry shampoo on day 2 either and a few erratic pimples.
    Will see in a couple of weeks if it's had any benefit - I would have been on it and melatonin since mid May.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hello Emski girl......

r.e. your DH's "roid rage"description!!!!! Good luck to you love on your upcoming EPU and ET.....Will be keeping an eye out for your posts. Looking forward to reading about your DHEA and Melatonin experience.

and to youl!!!! ..........
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-07-2013 at 13:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks BIB! Sorry to see your latest result, I was reading your updates in your thread about estrogen priming etc. When are you going again? I mainly post in the 40+ thread, because I 'm old .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Hey Emski.......

Old??? Jaysus love, have you looked at my sig?? I'm not that far behind you!!! Turning the big 4-0 in September (and am dreading it TBH.....) Anyhoo.....there's Jack that can be done about that, so will just have to get over myself!!!

Won't be cycling again until the end of the year. Unfortunately, it'll take DP and I that long to save up again. Really sucks getting no frosties......and really expensive always having to stim too. On the plus side, we got 2 vials of DP's TESA'd sperm on ice, so that will save a bit of $. Am due to see Wazza again at the end of October. In the meantime, i'm taking all the supplements on his list plus I've added Vit D and fresh Royal Jelly to the regime.

Will go to see my GP in September and get all bloods repeated (hormone master, AMH and I'll check DHEA levels etc) just so I can see where I'm at before I go back to Wazza. Got a few things to discuss with him, mainly a few tweaks to the drug protocol I want to talk about, but am not really sure what else we can try???

Anyway love, will keep up with your progress on the 40+ thread. I really hope this cycle is the one for you guys. love and copious amounts of to you girl!!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 23-07-2013 at 12:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Well just in the interests of following up on this thread... I got 9 eggs ( great number for my age) but doing standard insemination (which is what we had the best hit rate with last time, we did half icsi/half standard) only one fertilised. So quality must have been crap. Granted I've only been on DHEA for two months, not the three they say you need to see the full benefits.
    On the upside I'm having my day 3 embie transferred tomorrow!
    Em x