+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default St Andrews Private Ipswich for pregnancy and birth? Reviews anyone?

Hi everyone
    I just spent the weekend at St Andrews Private in Ipswich due to having hyperemesis gravidarum. I found the care I received in there was very good (esp compared to past experiences with the public hospital). I had my own room and was left in peace to relax which helped me heaps as I was so sick and have been so stressed.
    I am now considering going through them and Dr Katie Taylor for my pregnancy and birth. I was wondering if anyone else has and what were your experience(s)??
    I was concerned about the costs involved (as I am a single mum) and even though I have private cover I was told the fees can still be very high. Dr Taylor told me that I will have minimal fees as they have a low gap so would not be out of pocket by as much as other places. She said the biggest fee is $750 but I would get over half that back esp since I have almost reached my safety net with medicare for the year. She said the other out of pocket fees would be very minimal.
    Has anyone found this to be the case and is more affordable than city doctors and hospitals??
    Please tell me your experiences with St Andrews as I am very curious.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone??!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I spoke to my insurance company last week re charges, not for St Andrew's though. From what I understand if you are insured for obstetrics then the only out of pocket you should have for the hospital is your insurance excess. Other out of pocket charges come from your obstetrician, anaesthetist (if you need one) and paediatrician, who checks the baby pre discharge. It's worth ringing your insurer to check all this as the guy was really helpful and emailed me an info booklet on pregnancy costs. It's important that your insurer has an agreement in place with the hospital. If this is the case there shouldn't be any variation in hospital costs. Hope this is helpful!