+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Who has a cleaner?

I'm starting to struggle with 2 kids and pregnancy. Plus I'm alone as dh is working away.

Do you have a cleaner? How much do you pay? I just want a vacuum and mop, clean the bathroom as well.

How do I find a trustworthy good one? Anyone near Mortdale in sydney got any recommendations?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have ours just do the jobs you mentioned and she comes once a week and she charges $20 an hour. Try asking around friends ect and see who they use as most people we know use a cleaner and even my grandparents have one so hopefully someone will recommend one that they use.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I had one and i paid her $20 an hour. I only wanted her to do basic things too like floors, bathroom and toilet but she did so much more and i miss her. I wish she didnt have to go back to the UK. I had her come weekly, 2hrs one week, 3 the next and she worked her own pace but did so well.

I advertised on gumtree, heaps of replies and she was the second person i contacted. I was nervous about handing over a house key but i felt she was fine and trustworthy as we met before she started.

Good luck finding one.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I pay $120 for dusting, vacuuming, kitchen benches, bathrooms. I went through a reputable company, that a friend recommended.

Well worth the money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use to be a cleaner I worked for an agency and was paid $22 an hour.

The basic was the cleaning you mentioned then if time permitted other things if the client requested like hanging out washing, doing the dishes etc

We all had to have a police clearance and all that but only cleaned when the client was home.

My best advice would be to instruct the cleaner on what cleaning products and materials you wanted used where, gloves etc

Like clean the 'clean' areas first then move to the less clean areas and disposing of the cloth when finished etc

I had to work with other cleaners at times and they would use the same pair of gloves for 3 houses (the single use disposable ones toilets and all).

Also seeing them use a chux to clean the toilet then use the same chux on the kitchen benches.
    Last edited by missymoo9; 17-07-2013 at 21:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We use to but I've been keeping on top of things lately.
    I paid $50 a fortnight for 2 hours.
    She did bathrooms, scrubbed the kitchen and vacuum, mop and tidy up.

She was a friend of a friend.