+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just moved to Dubbo

Hi
    My family and i have just moved to Dubbo and i'm feeling very lonely and missing family and friends.
    i have 3 beautiful children Boy 10, girl 8 and boy 1 nearly 2.
    im not working at the moment and getting very bored during the day. Wanting to see if there are any playgroups or if anyone would like to catch up to fill in my morning and keep my little boy busy. Thinking about joining the gym- so even a gym buddy would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lisa

i am about 60km out of town so not a very reliable buddy

There should be play group notifications up at the baby med centre or doctors. There is a play group at the traffics lights near senior campus, there is a contact number and I am sure they could point in the right direction for your area.

i am currently 6 weeks pregnant with the first of my 'second family'. I have a 21 and a 15 yr old.

Try Dubbo crossfit, Alex Trimboli....he is wonderful and very knowledgeable rather than be a number on a treadmill.

Happy for you to contact me if you would like, not in town that much in the mornings, but I have scouts Mon evening ( have you considered cub scouts for your 10 and 8 year old?), volleyball Tues and sons soccer training Wed evenings.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Lisa3  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ill have to have a look around for those places you said. As I'm new I have no idea where anything is. My patenter grew up in Yeoval so he knows Dubbo, so he can tell me where they are.
    Crossfit is that a gym? I need one with child care
    Oh nice, how exciting for you
    My son might be interested in scouts, ill as him when he gets home from school, don't know if my daughter will lol would be good for her. Where is the scouts?
    It's their first day of school today, they were nervous and it was like sending them to kinder again for me, sounds silly. But I feel for them. We have moved a bit in last few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure about child care at Alex's, he has not long started out on his own.
    Cubs contact is Welchman St hall (near TAFE), they meet Monday nights. I can PM you the leaders contact or you could rock up to the hall next Monday about 7.00, ask for John.
    RSL club has a gym in central Dubbo, no doubt it would have child care.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Des1102 For This Useful Post:

Lisa3  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh great thanks so much, ill ask my son if he wants to do it
    Yes I saw that the RSL has one and looked it up, they have free child minding as well so that's a plus
    I need to get fit and lose weight. Will be good for my little man to have some time away from mummy as well as he getting very attached. Might do us both good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi lisa3 and welcome to the Central West! I'm in Orange which is about 2 and a half hrs away so not much good as a play group buddy! I just wanted to let you know that you've moved to a great part of the world

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey I love Orange, wanted to go there buy my partner got a job here. Thanks it's taking me a lot to get used to with no one I know here. I'm not much of a home person so I feel like I'm going a little crazy lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisa3 For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa3 View Post
    Hi
    My family and i have just moved to Dubbo and i'm feeling very lonely and missing family and friends.
    i have 3 beautiful children Boy 10, girl 8 and boy 1 nearly 2.
    im not working at the moment and getting very bored during the day. Wanting to see if there are any playgroups or if anyone would like to catch up to fill in my morning and keep my little boy busy. Thinking about joining the gym- so even a gym buddy would be great
    Hi Lisa,

My Fiancee just landed a job in Dubbo and i'll be joining him there in a few months time. Just wondering if you're still in Dubbo and if so, how you're finding it now? Thanks :-)

- Jasmine