+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do one room a day. Some rooms take five mins so do that on a busy day. Whenever I leave a room or am going somewhere else I think if there is anything I could take on the way! Like washing from one room to the laundry. Pick up something from the kids room if heading that way. Tidy as you go through the day.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to heymegz For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (17-07-2013),jfblady72  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here is our schedule - to give you an idea (bear in mind I run a daycare and cook dinners to take home for my clients -so the place needs to be ridiculously clean. This schedule missed the daily laundry (oops) and all sheets and toys touched/ played with by kids are cleaned at the end of each daycare session (washing machine/dishwasher/steam cleaned/wiped down with disinfectant) which isn't on the schedule. )
    Attached Images

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babybabycakes For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im not working atm but will be returning (I'm always busy and never at home so I guess I can help).

Throw everything out you don't need or sell 😬

I hate clutter... Give it to Salvation Army etc...

I have washing set to a timer then I do it daily, as I use cloth nappies. I make dp then put it in dryer or hang it out depending if it is towels and sheets or just baby clothes I always throw in dryer as I find it inconvenient (I know lots of you try and save money by not using dryer)

Dishes I always do them after dinner! Saves them stacking up etc.

I do a big cook once a week for basics like soup, couple casseroles etc that way I'm not making mess all the time lol.

My baby is still only 12 weeks so once she is crawling/into everything I plan to be OCD mumzilla where you can't play with another thing until that thing is put away 😏 I'm a clean freak........

Idammed

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work 2-3 days a week.

Things I do:

Put things away back to their place morning and night. And I always take something from where I am if I'm heading to another location (like if there is something downstairs that needs to be upstairs).

Dishes morning and night.

Do at least one load of laundry a day.

Normally put a dirty load on at night and get dry clean load from that morning. Hang out clothes in the morning.

Have everything organised for the next day the night before (lunches, bags, clothes).

Do only one big task per day instead of all on one day (so normally I do bathrooms Thursday night and mop Friday night etc).

I have a robot vacuum so downstairs is done when we are sleeping and upstairs done when everyone is out for the day.

I don't like doing cleaning when DS is awake but I do small things like putting dishes in dishwasher, put toys away, hang laundry out.

I do feel like I am constantly cleaning. But I prefer it than leaving it all on one day as I wouldn't get a whole day to just clean. I do get one day when DS is at daycare and I am not working. But I don't clean, I am normally doing stuff like paperwork and organising things.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy Bee For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also check out Pinterest - there's SO many smart storage ideas it's amazing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Op, I don't really have any advice just want to say that I feel just like you. My house is a complete mess and it makes me not want to have anyone over. Looking at the mess makes me cranky and stressed out too. I do agree with the previous posts that getting rid of unused stuff and having a place for everything makes a big difference. I recently got rid of heaps of clothes and now putting away laundry is so much easier because I don't have to stuff everything in. I also sew and have heaps of craft things which I am planning on going through because it all just accumulates. Like you I work 3 days so some of this tidy up stuff I leave for when the kids are asleep. Only problem is I feel buggered by the end of the day and just want to relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like to have a cleaning day set aside - mine is actually today (procrastinating much!!!). I tidy every day as I go and dust the whole place on a Tuesday to save time.

Then I do everything on the Wednesday as I work Thurs and Fri. The house stays reasonably tidy and clean until the weekend.

On the weekend I make sure my DH picks up after himself (I'm not your mother I tell him) and DS1 as well (I'm not your slave I tell him). Occasionally it all gets out of hand then my cleaning day is harder.

Getting rid of cr@p is the best thing you can do. Look at the stuff you have and think do I need it, do I use it and does it have a place to go? If the answer is no then get rid of it. Makes life easier!

Good luck, cleaning sucks big hairy dogs balls sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    Op, I don't really have any advice just want to say that I feel just like you. My house is a complete mess and it makes me not want to have anyone over. Looking at the mess makes me cranky and stressed out too. I do agree with the previous posts that getting rid of unused stuff and having a place for everything makes a big difference. I recently got rid of heaps of clothes and now putting away laundry is so much easier because I don't have to stuff everything in. I also sew and have heaps of craft things which I am planning on going through because it all just accumulates. Like you I work 3 days so some of this tidy up stuff I leave for when the kids are asleep. Only problem is I feel buggered by the end of the day and just want to relax.
    yep....i agree, i LIKE my evenings to relax and do stuff that is hard when the kids are around ie use the ipad to pay bills etc (if DS sees it he wants it) ....and yes buggered too.

thanks everyone, some really good ideas...i really do need to get some massive boxes and chuck stuff out...so many toys and clothes and old pots and pans etc. we dont really have anyone at the moment we can just off load the kids to unfortunately....i could get DH to take the kids to his parents (they just looked after the other older grandkids for 10 days straight and became so sick that i seriously doubt they want to or are capable to looking after our kids for a while) but that would give me a few hours

i will definately check out some schedules too, but first point is to declutter and toss out i think. and yep we have a fireplace so that just always makes it worse in winder as it is really messy!!!

i guess i struggle a bit on the days i dont work as i do want to spend time playing with my kids and taking them to the park etc, go shopping rather than doing hours of chores etc..never seems to be enough hours in the day....i actually quite like claening up now... BUT only when im on my own...
    the amount i can get done alone is amazing .

really good ideas!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do one room a day. Some rooms take five mins so do that on a busy day. Whenever I leave a room or am going somewhere else I think if there is anything I could take on the way! Like washing from one room to the laundry. Pick up something from the kids room if heading that way. Tidy as you go through the day.