+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Extreme tiredness

My dd is 12 weeks old and I'm so tired to the point I fall asleep holding her. The doctor just said oh its your iron take those tablets. My thyroid is low but not low enough to go on anything.

She sleeps well. WHY AM I SO TIRED. I have no motivation, I don't want to do anything. I asked about pnd n she shrugged it off like let your hormones settle down first

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there

Couldn't read and not post. It may be
    Worth you doing a Pnd screen. Did you dr do it with you?

You should be able to access one through the panda website. Google panda( post and ante natal depression association) they also have a phone number you can call. Or the beyond blue sight. If that comes Up high may be worth a trip to your gp again or a diff one. Of calling your mchn and having a chat.

I don't know if your medical stuff could be causing your symptoms but worth chatting to panda about it.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sitting in doctors office now waiting to see GP, I will question her about it but its ridiculous to the point I'm drinking 12 cups coffee a day I feel on edge all day.

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs, it is absolutely horrible to feel so exhausted all the time.

I think I saw another thread where you mentioned an infected tattoo? That could possibly contributing?

I know it's hard, but try not too overdo the caffeine, because it's a 'false' energy and kind of like putting money on credit cards in that it will have to be 'paid back'.

What's your diet like? Try and include lots of whole foods and make sure you are eating plenty.

Are you getting lots of rest? I know it's hard with a baby, so forgive the silly question!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd ask your Dr to run a range of blood tests, iron, vit D, thyroid function etc.

12 cups of coffee cannot be good for you and must be affecting the sleep you do get.

Good luck, I hope your GP listens to your concerns.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Have you been taking the iron tablets with no effect? I was having extreme tiredness earlier this year, and it definitely was my Iron, I started taking Floradix 2 - 3 times a day, (a liquid won't give you constipation as tablets can) and within a week was feeling SO MUCH better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the pnd test and came back high she recommended pristiq as I've already been seeing a counsellor with my partner (for problems bonding with baby).

I was diagnosed earlier in week with gluten, dairy and peanut allergies/intolerances so she said it will take a while for my iron to rise i have been taking them with orange juice and vitamin c tablets. Eating my red meat with spinach etc but I have gone from eating no red meat to one meal a week (so my body probably is not used to it) she also gave me anti biotics for my tattoo. I feel so overwhelmed with my health I feel like I'm having a break down 😢

Idammed

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh no, that sucks! However, at least you know what is going on with you now, and can work on managing it.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs monnie. Hopefully now with the meds and sorting out your dietary issues you'll start to pick up. Hang in there. I understand how it feels on both fronts. Big hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs! Did she give you some information about it?

Eating healthy, exercise, sleep, and having time to yourself should all help as well.

Good luck. Take care