+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we are all starting to think that there is a real reason why he is there.... Some sort of bedroom reason.... Which ****s me
    There really should be a law against that sort of stuff

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bluegoose For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
    I think we are all starting to think that there is a real reason why he is there.... Some sort of bedroom reason.... Which ****s me
    There really should be a law against that sort of stuff
    Based on what you've shared that's my guess....

I guess she will have to live by that choice and any consequences of that...

I mean if he is not up to par and her peers/superiors discover the relationship, his lack of qualification and poor performance I can only imagine she will face some sort of consequence. Not to mention losing a lot of professional credibility when her integrity is called into question.....😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry something doesn't smell right to me. You say the person was hired for their looks. Who told you this? What exactly did they say? What was the context in which they told you?

I've seen many times employees jump to incorrect conclusions about hirings and promotions. Employees are not always fully in the loop with what is going on behind the management scene. Do you really expect a full run down on why someone was hired? If your boss spilled their guts on the new persons resume, that could be a breach of privacy. I'm not saying this is happening with your case, but I see people whine and moan about why someone else got the job over them when they really need to look in the mirror and see their own shortcomings (amazing how many people think they are employee of the year material).
    It all ends in workplace gossiping, low morale, poor workplace relationships and low productivity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

kw123  (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How large is the organisation? Does your boss report to anyone? Can you question the recruitment process to a higher power? The person would still be his probationary period so best to do this soon if it goes pear shaped.

Be careful though that your facts are correct - how do you know all interviews were cancelled? When you say you entered their résumé - you might not be able to say to others that the guy is not qualified as you are privy to personal info that you shouldn't share (privacy act).

Good luck OP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks giggle berry..... I know nothing we can do will change anything....... Both boss and new guy are married.... Which is another basket of annoyance

however reading your post makes me feel a little better........ I guess it's just hard, I know for a fact I wouldn't take anything if I didn't feel I have worked for it...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bluegoose For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (17-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant apply for my own job again, I never applied for his position,

when our boss was talking him up about how " hot" he was and at first joked that he should work here, another employee asked why if he has never had a job like this before? Boss said because he is hot and will attract all ladies to us... Everyone had a laugh, then bam.... All interviews were cancelled, and he now works here.

Point, others have been " let go" if they do not pick up the job fast enough,

I don't claim to know every detail..... Just is off that is all.... Call me jealous, or needing to have a good look in the mirror..... I know I do my job well, or I wouldn't be there, and so does everyone else who works there, but I believe it is wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Did you hear the comments first hand? In what context did they come up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Didn't you just say you never even applied for the job?