+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Study/work/mum how do you make it work

I'm returning to uni semester 2! And need to work part time. How do you make it work? Organisation tips etc?

I will be attending campus

Fat fingers typed this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi

I'm a 2nd year nursing student, work part time in aged care & have a 27month old DS. If you work out a schedule for yourself it makes it much easier. My DS is in day care Monday - Wednesday, I have classes all day Wednesday and I work Tuesday & Saturday/Sundays. Mondays I dedicate purely to studying as well as evenings when DS is asleep. Thursdays is my housework/homework day depending on what is required and Friday is my mummy&son day.

I often don't always work both days on a weekend so I use that time to catch up on whatever or spend time with DS.

I find if you set days to a particular activity then you stick to it easier.

All the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing - just started a Masters degree and returning to work in 6 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi studiers, I make sure I schedule specific time for study each week. If I just left it to do 'whenever I'm not busy' nothing would get done. I have a lovely DH but he isn't great taking initiative but if I makes things clear with him that I need him to step up this week and do a,b,c for me he does. I often work after dinner when DS has gone to bed and the house is quiet.