+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Can you recommend a bottle for EBM?

I have a 14 week old who has been exclusively BF and is a very happy little boy, who is putting on lots of weight and sleeping through the night. If I want to go out for a few hours on my own (for example, to the hairdresser or to meet a friend for lunch) I leave him at home with my husband and a bottle of EBM. This has worked very well up until the last couple of weeks where he has been getting more and more fussy with the bottle and now blatantly refuses to take a bottle.

I have been using avent bottles which he was very happy with, but now refuses. Has anyone had any experience with this and can recommend another bottle to try that he may take? I don't want to go out and waste money by buying every different bottle available, so I am seeking opinions.

What bottle is most similar to a breast?

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have been using the Madela Calma since 1w and no problems going from breast to bottle now and 9w. If they don't suck they don't get a drop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Shinning, I just went to the chemist to have a look at the medela calma, the reason I didn't buy it was because the teat actually looked quite similar to the avent, which he doesn't seem to like.

I find it strange that he took the bottle fine for the first 12 or so weeks and now refuses. Im hoping its just a phase. Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only had it refused once after dummy sucking for a long period when he usually only gets dummy for 5mins in the car.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pigeon. All the way. It's soft and peristaltic movement mimics breastfeeding really well by drawing the teat to the back of the mouth. This is what speech therapists and hospitals usually recommend. Worked brilliantly for us when Avent closer to nature and medela didn't.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks TamTam, will check them out tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would also try the slim line neck as opposed to the wide neck. Often get a better latch. . Depending on your bubs mouth etc. Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pigeon wide neck teats fit on avent bottles - might be the cheapest option to try

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just tried him on a pigeon teat in an avent bottle, but he wouldn't take it.

I hope it is just a phase

Thanks
    Reviews
    What flow? Maybe he's just being a bit fussy and wondering why mummy is giving the bottle when she has the good stuff??? Lol. Can someone else give the bottle.. or try s different feeding position. I put my dd in the bouncer to start with. That seemed to help us.