+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
    I bought a cheap, basic potty and kept it in the boot along with: a packet of wipes, an old softdrink bottle filled with water and a packet of nappy disposable bags.

She would go to the toilet before we went anywhere but if she needed to go while we were out I would pull over on the side of the road where safe, or park near bushes or gardens at the shops. We have an SUV so she would sit in the back of the boot and did her business. If it was a wee I would use the water bottle to rise and wipes to clean her, then put the rubbish in the small nappy disposable bag. If it was a poo I would scrape into the nappy disposable bag and wipe clean with wipes and water. Throw bag out once we got home or near a bin.

In the case of accidents in her car seat, well, she never had one. But I did keep a thick hand towel under her seat when she started training just in case.

I tried to ovoid putting a nappy on her, it sends mixed messages.
    We did this too. Still keep it in the boot for long trips and put a disposable nappy in the bottom of the potty so the cleanup is minimal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also found there was a huge novelty factor with the "car potty". Often she would refuse to go to the toilet unless it was in the "car potty!" So yeah, we had the odd occasion of going out to the car while we were home just to use the car potty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I put a cloth nappy down and an opened disposable nappy on top and sat dd on that ( as if she was wearing it on top of her clothes but not fastened if that makes sense)

Always had a potty, wipes, change of clothes and nappy bags for dirty wipes etc in the boot too

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for all of your suggestions

Thanks
    Reviews
    A little unorthodox perhaps, but I lined the carseat with a puppy training pad, but on long trips I kept a nappy on my daughter until she was about 3 or so even though she'd been out of nappies on a day to day basis for some time by then.