+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toileting Help Please

DD is 27 months. She is very aware of wees and poos and always says before she needs to go. She doesn't use the potty anymore, but she does have one on those seat / step things in our downstairs toilet.
    Trouble is now she won't use any other toilet including our upstairs bathrooms because they don't have the training seat. I know I could move it upstairs but I really want to get her to go without it because otherwise when we're out she won't go even if she's told me she needs to go.

Any advice please ladies? Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was 25 months when I toilet trained her. She had the step ladder/seat thing because she wouldn't use a potty and the I found using treats as a reward worked great (white choc buttons, bubbles, sticker book, etc) I spent about $30 on cheap toys and choc treats but it was a small price to pay to have her trained in a few days. "Number 2's" took longer so after a week she only got a treat when she did number 2's. Maybe you could try a treat/reward for going on other toilets? Or going without the seat/ladder? I always had to hold DD when she went on toilets without the seat coz she was a bit scared...not sure if you are doing that? Also maybe try making it fun to distract her - like sing a song or do a dance Or perhaps a drop of food colouring in the toilet bowl for something new and exciting?
    Good luck

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

GreenMoon  (05-08-2013)