+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh no. I agree with pp. Plan something for your kids and yourself. If the others want to join they can work it out!

I hope your holiday starts to improve and you do something really nice for your birthday on Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I would have lost the plot by now and told everyone to work out their own bloody transport! As to your DH... is he always this childish and selfish? It sure sounds like the holiday from hell to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Leave everything. Don't do the washing (except yours and your kids, and even then- essentials only! Pants can be worn twice unless visibly dirty). Don't get on the tram unless it's the one you picked out and told everyone about. Just tell them- "Oh no, we're going to wait for the next one. You go ahead and I'll call you when we get there". No doubt, you'll call- they'll still be on the tram and you'll get an extra 30min whereever!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMum For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big

Firstly the washing - are you washing clothes or dirty dishes? Clothes, just do the bare minimum for your family, the rest of them can sort themselves out. If it's the dishes, leave them and let someone else pick up the slack - you are on holiday too.

How about texting everyone in the group the directions to your planned outings and say "here are the directions, we'll meet you there" and then let them sort themselves out.

As for your DH, yes it sounds like he is being pretty selfish about somethings, but I can sort of understand him wanting to go to a football game in Melbourne. Even though I'm not into football I have been once with DH - because he is a huge fan and although I didn't really get into it I can see why someone who does, would want to go and experience the whole atmosphere and excitement etc. Maybe you could talk to him about going out the night before for you birthday?

I think you are very brave for going on an extended family holiday - I find it frustrating just going out for the day with my parents and my sisters family - too many people trying to organise things and have their say. Drives me bonkers!!

Hope you can focus on your kids and the fun they are having - sounds like your DH has other issues, so try and just forget about him, if he doesn't want to walk with you etc then enjoy yours kids and the fun you can have with them.

Best wishes for a fantastic end to your holiday!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh you poor thing op. that sux. you have a lot of patience because if it were me, I would have told the lot of them to get stuffed by now and gone and done my own thing. the day before your birthday tell dh that you are leaving the kids with him and go treat yourself to a day spa. bugger everyone.

also, I refuse to go on holidays with ANYONE... parents included.. I have outrightly refused when MIL asked to come to Melbourne with us for a second time.. yep you guessed it.. she ruined the whole first time.. she kept thinking it was ALL about her and we were her tour guides. not any more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I lost it last night at DH then this morning I lost it at everyone else. So far everyone has been good today, they still seem to be leaving figuring out how to get places up to me but at least now no one is questioning me. I am still the one doing the washing (because i an very particular about the baby clothes) but I am leaving everything else up to the others.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you sound like you need a real holiday after this one. don't blame you for losing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    you sound like you need a real holiday after this one. don't blame you for losing it.
    Hahaha yes I think I just might. DH has changed his plans for Saturday and is no longer going to the football (I never understood why he was going when he hates football and won't even watch it on tv) and has a lot of secret plans for my birthday now instead which includes us going out alone and my Mum baby sitting got the evening

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

acerbaby  (15-07-2013),LoveLivesHere  (15-07-2013),Mamasupial  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes writing it down helps.... I hoped it helped you... I know it helped me... I realised that there are other families who have nightmarish dysfunctional holidays the same as me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loodle I'm glad he changed his tune!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app