+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Holiday from hell

So as many of you know we have come on a big family holiday. I am talking DH, our 3 children and I as well as my parents, my sister, her husband and their 5 children. To start with our first flight was delayed which left us with 10 mins to run from one side of the airport to the next to be able to catch our connecting flight, we managed with 2 minutes to spare however our luggage did not make the connection. So here we are in Melbourne both families with babies and no luggage but no drama we are told we will get it delivered to our hotel room later that day. So we head out o catch the private bus I had arranged (somehow I am the families travel agent meaning I have to organise everything) I got a text saying to meet in a certain bus zone and this is where the first incident happened no one would listen they kept going to all the other zones checking if that was our bus not actually listening to me when I said the bus hadn't even arrived yet. When it did arrive DH gave him the address, at this point in the story I would like to add that I had arranged accommodation for everyone and the night before we left told everyone that we had to check in at a different place then the apartment complex and told them all many times what that address was. Anyway DH gave him the wrong address so when my Mum and sister went to check us in they were told we had to go somewhere else and everyone went off about that and it was only as we turned onto the street they sent us to I realised we hadn't gone to the address I had told them all the night before. So once at the right address we checked in and were told that our apartment (we are sharing with my parents) was in a different building to my sister and her families well that set my Dad off even though I told them all that when I talked to them about staying here and they were fine with it then. After check in we decided to take all children and get them lunch well DH kept walking ahead leaving me to manoeuvre my way through the crowds with the children alone so that got me p@$$esd off, we went back to the apartment and our luggage finally turns up and everyone showers and dresses and eventually heads off to bed leaving me to do ALL of the washing alone which had me up past midnight when our day had started at 3:30 the previous morning. Get up the next day and we decide to get on a tram and head to the markets no big deal there except DH once again walks ahead, at this point I am thinking he just doesn't want to be anywhere with me. Yesterday afternoon we all meet up for drinks to discuss going to Luna Park and once again it is left up to me to work out the tram schedule and route to get us there so I pull out the iPad go on the website and find the one that suits us best and take the time to screen shot and email it to myself so I have it on my phone. Later that night I am once again left up to do that washing I finally get to bed at 1 and DH throws his pillow on the floor I asked him to pick it up as I am worried about it affecting bubs movement sensor (the pillow landed near the port a cot) and I get a very angry response of "no ******* can get any sleep with you around" and after the way he has been that little remark breaks me I spend the next 10 mins crying and looking at flights home. He eventually comes back to bed and we work some things out but once again it is a 3am bed time for me. We head to the tram stop this morning as planned I get my phone out with all the info I have the exact time and tram number in my hands and yet somehow they all think they know better and decide to jump on one that is 11 minutes early and takes us no where we were suppose to. We finally find a tram that gets us to Luna Park and what should of been a 30 min trip turned into a 1hour one with the babies getting cranky about being in there prams crammed into the tram for so long. I start to cheer up because my children are having fun and that makes me feel better when my parents tell me DH has said he will go to the football with my Dad and BIL Saturday night which is my birthday and he had already promised to make it special because for the last few years someone dies right on birthday or a few days before making it pretty miserable. I confront DH about it his response "I am sorry I didn't think" and that just makes it worse because everything I do I think about him about whether or not he would be ok if I went out and if be right with the kids and yet I don't even cross his mind! We get back to the apartment and they ask me to work out the tram travel for tomorrow when I once again screen shot and email it to myself when my Dad pipes up "You did that yesterday for today and it still didn't help us" I told him it would of been fine if they would of just listened then i went to my room laid down and once again cried and looked up flights home. They didn't even notice I was upset! I come out after calming down and was once again asked to look stuff up and how to get there and I told them no more I will get myself and my children where we need to go but no one else. Well after that my Dad decided it was funny to call me the name of the travel agent that made mistakes with all our travel plans with our flights. I may be overreacting because I am overtired but I am taking everything to heart and feel like because they won't listen things don't go to plan they blame me and treat me like I am stupid, I feel like DH not only doesn't want to be on holiday with me he also deep down doesn't give 2 hoots about me and being up so bloody late every night doing everything then organising everything during the day everyone is on holidays except for me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw that sounds horrible sorry to hear they are acting like that. Sounds like you find the most joy when your children are having fun at the moment so I think your idea to plan your day with your children is a great one, focus on you and the kids you deserve to be spoilt and sometimes we just have to do it ourselves!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds crap - I would have lost or at them ages ago. If they ask you to look something else up just say " it's someone else's turn - its my turn to actually enjoy my holiday"

Call them bluff - if no one else does it they may realise how nice it has been to have you helping to this point.

Don't do the dishes tonight - let them wake up to it tomorrow. Seems like they just leave it cause they know you will do it.

Your DH sounds like he is being a bit of a jerk. Sorry to hear he made plans on your birthday without thinking of you. Kinda rude of your dad and bil as well.

I hope the rest of the trip goes well for you.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (15-07-2013),PippaG  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, sounds nightmarish

I hope things turn around and you can start to enjoy your holiday. You might need to address a few issues with them now, even if it ends up being a little dummy spit on your behalf. They are walking all over you and that's not okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds awful I'd organise something for just you and the kids today or tomorrow and leave them to their own devices. Don't do dh's washing, clean up after him, etc let him do it all himself. Enjoy Melbourne without them!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    No advice just

Thanks
    Reviews
    Plan a nice day for you and the kids and let everyone else fend for themselves And stop doing washing, you are on holidays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Leave them to their own devices and focus on you and your kids. Hope the rest of your holiday is great

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with the pp. Focus on you and yhe kids and forget about the others. Let them fend for themselves. As for your dh- I would be mighty ****ed off so will need to out s kind me thought into what I would do there

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no, you poor thing.
    I too like to plan ahead and be organised when on holidays and sometimes DH gets annoyed as he would rather relax and go with the flow.
    Perhaps take a step back, relax and take each day as it comes?? I know its hard with kids as you need to entertain them. Or sitting down each evening and talking to your Dh about what you should do as a family and how to organise that day before you wake and head off?
    What are you doing washing clothes on holidays every night?