+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone in the Hub studying Community Service Work?

Hey everyone

As the title suggests I am looking for hubbers that are studying Community Service work.

I am currently studying a Diploma in Community Service Work and I am looking to chat with others, maybe share tips and also work placement experiences.

I am currently lacking a bit of motivation when it comes to studying at the moment. Does anyone have any tips to help motivate ones self?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm doing diploma of counselling. They should be along the same lines?
    I'm 6 weeks in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think they are. I have finished 4 units thus far in my diploma, but since having my DD 10 months ago and then returning to work, I am lacking in motivation.

How are you finding it BEXTER?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Lost all motivation at the moment. So hard to study while you have a 3 year old climbing all aver you.

School is back on Tuesday and its my sons daycare day so I'm hoping since both kids wont be here i can spend the whole day re reading my textbook and doing last weeks manual. We have a week off starting tomorrow but I have a 2 day workshop to go to.

At the moment I have to force myself to do it, I'm getting slack though.

Plus I just found out I'm enrolled in a 10k course that isn't registered so I can't do anything with it once I've finished. :-/

But I just got my first assignment back and got 100% so that's given me some motivation.
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 14-07-2013 at 23:04.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Getting a great mark is good motivation.

Currently my motivation is getting away from my current job. The job I do currently I feel like I am too over qualified and I am not happy about going to work. I really would love to quit but we really need the money, so I will solider on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hi there, I am currently study cert 4 in community services. I'll be looking for tips etc too. I am trying to think of what I can do for work placement atm..Not easy when I work 6 days a week and see my kids too (they don't live with me). I have two assigments due next month and haven't even started them yet. I'm only 3 weeks in..finished in October this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to help you where I can mum2bubba.

I just did my first work placement and I was able to do it at my work which was lucky (I work in Recovery at my local public hospital).

What are you both looking to do once you have completed your course?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Lost all motivation at the moment. So hard to study while you have a 3 year old climbing all aver you.

School is back on Tuesday and its my sons daycare day so I'm hoping since both kids wont be here i can spend the whole day re reading my textbook and doing last weeks manual. We have a week off starting tomorrow but I have a 2 day workshop to go to.

At the moment I have to force myself to do it, I'm getting slack though.

Plus I just found out I'm enrolled in a 10k course that isn't registered so I can't do anything with it once I've finished. :-/

But I just got my first assignment back and got 100% so that's given me some motivation.

Well done on your assignment!!

Where did you want to end up after doing your diploma?

I am not really studying community services as such but behavioural science.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you.

I want to do phycology, this course will take a year off my bachelors degree so I've decided to stick with it!

I left school in year 9 and that was over 10 years ago so this is a nice way to ease into it all and hopefully learn how to write like a uni student!

End goal is a school counsellor but I need to do phycology. Have recently found out I may need to do teaching too, but everyone has a different answer on that.

All I'm trying to do is work during school only. I have a special needs child and trying to find care for 12 weeks of the year that can handle her is impossible.

When I was younger I wanted to be a counsellor, but entered the cafe world and loved the easy money. I wanted to own my own cafe but once again having a special needs child, plus bring single limits the amount of hours I can work.
    Last edited by ~BEXTER~; 15-07-2013 at 21:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    Thank you.

I want to do phycology, this course will take a year off my bachelors degree so I've decided to stick with it!

I left school in year 9 and that was over 10 years ago so this is a nice way to ease into it all and hopefully learn how to write like a uni student!

End goal is a school counsellor but I need to do phycology. Have recently found out I may need to do teaching too, but everyone has a different answer on that.

All I'm trying to do is work during school only. I have a special needs child and trying to find care for 12 weeks of the year that can handle her is impossible.

When I was younger I wanted to be a counsellor, but entered the cafe world and loved the easy money. I wanted to own my own cafe but once again having a special needs child, plus bring single limits the amount of hours I can work.
    Where are you doing your bachelor degree?

I am wanting to do psychology or social work but I am not sure where I should study.