+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd probably speak to the neighbour or leave a note under the wiper asking them politely not to park there, if they kept doing it after that yeah I would probably call the council.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrstuilawa For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I understand your frustration op. This used to happen at our old place. Frustrating that when our family or friends would come over and they would have nowhere to park because the neighbours would park outside our house all the time, actually the neighbour used to have a work truck parked there. Even though it's not technically your property it is annoying.

You can get it registered though. We looked into this and had we stayed living there we would have registered it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I probably wouldn't get annoyed if there are no other alternatives but why can't the visitor park on their friends nature strip or on the road directly in front if the house?

I would probably put something large there though to obstruct them..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnyflower For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    I would LOVE to do that!!! I adore gardening and just the mere thought of designing a whole new garden is soo exciting!!!

I will check with the council tomorrow to see if it is okay. The only issue might be the fact that I am on a corner with a roundabout.....
    I'm not saying it's okay, but if you live on the corner with a roundabout chances are she can't park on the street because of the long white line (can't park where that line is)
    Dies your neighbour have their own nature strip?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mamasurfs For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    OP - I think it varies council to council. It's cruddy I get fined for parking on the nature strip in front of my own house, on the nature strip that I maintain! Its illegal in my council zone though and I risk it.

Anyhow I think a note left on the car will suffice now you've contacted the council.
    I got fined on my parents nature strip also! Annoying as they have nowhere else for us to park as they have the roundabout in front of their house

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I hate it for a couple of reasons

1. It kills the grass, we are in a rental and the real estate agent is a pain and complained about it once
    2. Anyone who parks on our nature strip sets our dog off - he goes mental until they go away

OP i get where you are coming from. It drives me nuts!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    How often does this visitor park on your nature strip?

If it's just occasionally, then I'd really just try to not let it bother you. It just seems like a waste of energy.

If it was almost every day, I'd probably be inclined to nicely talk to your neighbour about it before taking any other action.

I think dobbing her into the council is way OTT, and kinda mean.

My nature strip is quite far from the front of my house, and I couldn't give two hoots who parks on it. We had a random 4WD there for two days last weekend. Several kids play footy on our nature strip most afternoons. It's not mine, and as long as they aren't doing any damage I couldn't care less.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (15-07-2013),Miss Leopard  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    I'm not saying it's okay, but if you live on the corner with a roundabout chances are she can't park on the street because of the long white line (can't park where that line is)
    Dies your neighbour have their own nature strip?
    They have their own nature strip and there is loads of on street parking (legal and unrestricted)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Leopard View Post
    They have their own nature strip and there is loads of on street parking (legal and unrestricted)
    well then no wonder you're p**sed off.. why the hell would they park on yours? it doesn't even make sense?!
    I'd be too chicken sh*t to say anything but I'd want to.
    If they have their own nature strip, I just don't understand why they'd park on yours?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mamasurfs For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mamasurfs View Post
    well then no wonder you're p**sed off.. why the hell would they park on yours? it doesn't even make sense?!
    I'd be too chicken sh*t to say anything but I'd want to.
    If they have their own nature strip, I just don't understand why they'd park on yours?
    I should clarify, they do have a power pole in the middle of theirs which makes it a little more difficult for them to use (although totally doable).

Their driveway is massive, it would fit 6 cars if they wanted to have their visitors park on their property.