+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been fined a couple of times for parking on the nature strip directly infront of my own house, by my local council. Call your council next time she parks there.

BTW each time I have been fined there has been no parking available anywhere near the house. we have all have steep blocks, and to top it off we have a narrow road with a lot of solid yellow lines. Its nearly impossible to fit a car driving down the centre of the road due to all the parked cars.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Taiyed For This Useful Post:

Miss Leopard  (15-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    our street has limited parking and is really narrow so people always park right on our doorstep (our front door is 1-2 metres from the street, no front yard) across the footpath and on the grassy strip.it creeps me out to see & hear people hanging out in their car cause I can see them from my couch :/

when they park there, our row of townhouses can't put out our bins so we usually have to put them across the road or surround the car and **** them off lol

we're also right on the 90 degree bend on our street so if they park there we basically are up on the other sides curb to pass & hope no one is coming from the other direction

they also block our letterbox so friends & the postman can't find us

the council planted trees to deter people but nope. we've had notices to remind everyone on our street that they can be fined but people still do it.

it grates my potato 😡
    Last edited by zooey; 15-07-2013 at 09:02.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Plant a tree in the middle, is very common for councils to do this on nature strips

It happens at my house too, but we have huge front yard space, so if I can't see their car it doesn't bother me, it bothers DP though.

Plant a native tree, like a eucalypt, and put wooden pickets around it so it looks 'official'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: I just got off the phone to the council.

Where I live it is illegal for someone to park on the nature strip. Although apparently the owner can (will keep quiet about that little fact ).

When she next parks there I can call the council and they will send out an inspector who will fine her. (I feel a bit mean about doing that though...)

I am not allowed to plant anything on my own nature strip

Are star pickets a plant??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Would you really cause someone to get a fine for parking in front of your house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
    Would you really cause someone to get a fine for parking in front of your house?
    No. I don't think I could do that. It annoys me but I am not vindictive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Cool

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Id be piiiiiissed if I visited a friend and noticed I had a fine when I was leaving.

I park on a nature strip every school day....like most schools, the parking fills up early and parents dont seem to grasp the concept of the "kiss and go" so I park a street away from the school and walk across...the house I park at is a corner house and the side I park on always has loooong grass and tall weeds cos its the side of the house not the front. It would annoy me getting a fine there, let alone at a friends house.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (15-07-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hahaha, I lived in the inner city for a few years and was lucky if I got a park in my street. So I don't give a hoot if people park on my nature strip. Although if they could mow it on their way out that would be good.

I park on my parents nature strip all the time because they live on a main road and sometimes people don't notice a car on the st, my old car was rear ended when parked there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast