Closed Thread
Page 90 of 95 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hey Rainbow,

I got my BFP on my last own egg cycle, but it's been a nightmare since seeing the two lines with low, slow rising betas, being told its a suspected ectopic (thankfully it wasn't) slow growth at ultrasound #1 then at Ultrasound #2 this week I was told I had miscarried, then being sent for a more accurate ultrasound to be told they found aheartbeat which was very low at 74bpm at 7 weeks and the baby is measuring 2 weeks behind. My FS later rang me to say that a miscarriage is highly likely. ... this pregnancy is not looking viable.

So I expect it will be a D&C after another scan on Mon. I have one frostie, but honestly want to move straight to Capetown, and I think my DH will be ok with that - probably looking at late March.
    Em xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Emski - I feel for you that is heartbreaking, but you just never know, you might have a little fighter in there! Have you visited the misdiagnosed miscarriage site? I don't want to offer you false hope, but it would seem there are many many cases where Drs simply dismiss a miscarriage and the pregnancy is ongoing resulting in a healthy baby.

I also fell pregnant using my own eggs before going to Cape Town - I produced just one and it took, but miscarried. It was only after this miscarriage and while the Dr who was treating me for IVF was away - that they bothered to get the results from my natural (non IVF) pregnancy last March, which showed a trisomy10… if they had this information to start with, nothing would have been transferred without PGD testing.

Hopefully the coming weeks will bring a resolution for you one way or the other. It is very very difficult being in that stage where you don't know. It is wonderful that you have another option should you need it - and you might not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - so sorry to hear you are going through a traumatic time.... wishing you strength, sanity and that it all works out for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Emski - I do have everything crossed for you. The uncertainty is the worst along with the emotional roller coaster of week by week scans.

Both of my pregnancies with my own eggs were always uncertain. Having been required to go for further bigger diagnostic scans. The results both times being ambiguous so having to wait a further week. All the while hoping by some miracle the bubba starts to thrive.

I do hope you get your miracle. My heart really goes out to you. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you all, the only thing that is getting me through is that we have Cape Town as an option. The thought of having to face another full dtim cycle and all that goes with it makes me feel ill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 miscarriages I had were the same. With my last FET a few weeks ago I wasn't even sad it failed because I just couldn't go thru it all again.

Its the limbo that kills you and with my 2 miscarriages it was chromosome problems and it is good to know there is a reason.

Cape town is what kept me going as well knowing that options were there.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you Emski My donor CT cycle in July although a BPF, I was told that it would not be viable possibly ectopic but ended up being biochemical. It was much harder to handle than my previous BFN results and took me a long time to get over. Look after yourself and know we are all thinking of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi - Just to let you know I am thinking of you, as I'm sure you're BT must be about now. Oh I so hope it works for you - Love Sooty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Thanks lovelies - it's a cr*ppy road we all travel - we go through so much.

I'll pop this info in here for anyone who might be at the initial stages of looking at egg donation in Cape Town with CFC. Just a bit of research I've done recently so someone else may find it useful. I'm waiting on Nurture to get back to me with their costs... not sure why Sunshine is so much more expensive than every other agency?!

Agency Info (currency exchange 21/11/13)
    Sunshine:
    34,000 Rand includes admin fee, total once off fee (whatever that is) and 1000 RD if the donor lives outside of 50kms of Capetown
    Total AUD $3594.00
    AbabySA:
    $13,900 RND = $1469.00 AUD – includes donor compensation
    Gift Ov Life
    $ 2374 AUD – includes donor compensation

Cape Fertility Clinic Costs
    Donor Cycle $ 5275.00 AUD
    Embryo Freezing and Storage for 12 months $323 AUD
    Sperm Sample Freeze for 12 months $122 AUD

Misc.
    Approx cost of medications for recipient $600 AUD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (21-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Good Luck Jodi