Closed Thread
Page 89 of 95 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having a stress out again. I just got some more information about donor cycles from CFC.

Did you when trying to deciding on a donor look at how many eggs they produced? I keep telling myself Quality over Quantity but looking at some of the young donors and what they get I was gob smacked.

Or did you think the amount of positive pregnancies is what to be looking for not egg numbers?

I received my contract today from ababysa but haven't signed yet because I am still umming and arring because she has not ever cycled before but she has her own child at 24.

I guess no one knows what their will cycle like proven or first time cycler.

Sorry about my ramble but my husband turns off when I talk about it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Angelmama, it's mu understanding that they don't stim donors as much as they would us, I think I read somewhere that they aim for 8 eggs or something? You can request an AMH and AFC test to get a bit more info on the donors fertility.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have suggested amh but said they don't go anterior follicle count on young donors.

Maybe I am just greedy expecting more eggs but it quality not quantity. More last 2 pregnancies 4 eggs retrieved and 1 pregnancy and the other 2 eggs and 1 pregnancy it crap quality with chromosomes.

I need to analysing but either said than done !
    Last edited by angelmama74; 19-11-2013 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just read this from the Nuture egg donors

9. How many eggs will I get?

The short answer – we don’t know. No one can predict how many eggs the donor will produce. Not us, not you, not even the doctor.
    Unless you have made a specific agreement to do egg sharing, you get all the eggs the donor produces…. BUT…. I want you to forget about every thing you used to think was true about eggs. I know that when we cycle with our own eggs, all we want is LOTS and LOTS of eggs, but donor egg cycles work differently.
    Research is starting to point us in the direction of something that this infertile chick guessed was true long ago – lots of eggs does not necessarily equal good results. In fact, it now seems apparent that higher doses of stims have a negative effect on the quality of the eggs retrieved. Combine that with the fact that doctors are very, very careful not to overstim a donor, you will see why the aim is to get between 8-10 good eggs per cycle. Yes my friends, only 8-10.
    Now I know you are all clutching your chests in horror – EIGHT TO TEN EGGS!!! Even my useless old ovaries can produce more than 8 eggs!! Yes dear, but wouldn’t you rather take 8 excellent eggs (THAT WORK) over 15 crappy ones? I thought so.
    Seriously though, the success with donor egg cycles is excellent (around >60% per attempt!!) so the doctors must be doing something right. Plus the very last thing we want to do is put our wonderful egg donors at risk.
    Keep telling yourself this: The aim is to have a baby, not to have X number of eggs.

I NEED to start BELIEVING this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makey - I am so sorry Hun. I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. How devastating. You did all that you could to give those embies a shot. Please, please take good care and be kind to yourself. Much love to you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba - I am so very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you during this time. Big hugs to you. xxx

Sooty - I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full

Lots of love and sticky baby dust to all the amazing gals in SA now and to those preparing for their cycles. xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry - I just deleted them all

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Makeba - I am so very sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you during this time. Big hugs to you. xxx

Sooty - I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full

Lots of love and sticky baby dust to all the amazing gals in SA now and to those preparing for their cycles. xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Makeba sorry to read your cycle wasn't successful.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - check now as I just sent it. I was thinking you would be asleep anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    emski - I just noticed your signature. How many weeks pregnant are you? Did you go to South Africa for egg donation?