Closed Thread
Page 87 of 95 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski I will have a look through my old emails I might have a contract in there but I think the last time we signed a contract it was at the clinic itself. Its a pretty basic contract and nothing you wouldn't expect. Need approval for both parties for the transfer to take place and any further transfer will need authorisation by both parents, witnessed. With regards to donating your eggs, I think its if over 15 are collected then you keep 15 and donate the rest if you have ticked that particular box. You also have the option of donating the fertilised eggs that you do not want to use however should you tick that box you still need to put it in writing when the time comes, they want to make sure and have you confirm that you have completed your family and will not be returning for any more donations before the eggs are put to the pool.

sooty as you know I didn't have great embies in my first cycle, but I got Matty out of it. Dr LR said the other eggs at that point ( which was transfer day,), weren't really worth freezing they weren't good enough, as we didn't want to go all that way for number two only to find the eggs didn't defrost or the cycle didn't work we decided we would do another fresh cycle for number two and that's what we did. However, when I had my transfer last week Dr LR told me I had a frozen egg from the previous cycle still, obviously one took off on day six, frankly if I get a negative this week, for my next cycle I will be having that not so great one egg put in rather than the super dooper you have mOre than a 70% chance with these eggs as the not so good seemed to work better for me. Don't loose hope its way too early for that.

BB4me have a safe flight.

Makey good luck

I'm expecting there will be 3 positive outcomes this week

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Hope the roll call is accurate? Let me know if I have made any errors and I'll update.

2ww Ladies - Fingers crossed for you all I know how stressful it is

Sooty - I know from experience how devastating it is when your numbers drop so dramatically but you only need one to stick. A good girlfriend of mine did a cycle in CT and her donor only produced 2 eggs and she ended up with only 1 to transfer and he is absolutely perfect and gorgeous. There are plenty of stories of miracles on here to keep you positive

Net - Good luck with your cycle and trip to Barbados. Looking forward to hearing all about it
    AFM - Decision made finally we are going back in March I am now in a much better state of mind to have another go.

Love and Baby Dust to all

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (17-11-2013),Makeba  (18-11-2013),sootymay  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - congrats on making the decision to go back to SA in March. How very exciting and something wonderful to look forward to.

Lots and lots of baby dust to you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

January  (17-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious what ages have you chosen for your donor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    And did you pick proven donors or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angelmama74 - we had chosen a proven donor who was 26 years old had donated twice before and had twins from the first donation then a pregnancy which was not ongoing for the second. Unfortunately this donor only produced ONE average quality egg for our egg retrieval - and we had to use a frozen donor (luckily we had opted into the CFC's back up programme, which is that you agree to donate any number of eggs over 15 to the frozen egg bank which your donor produces - then in the event that your donor produces no eggs, poor quality eggs, forgets her trigger injection etc - you have the option to choose a new donor from the CFC's frozen egg bank). When you use this option it is exactly the same as choosing a donor for the first time. We were given 5 different profiles to choose from which matched my looks - and we had all their donation history including pregnancies achieved. Our frozen donor was also 26 and had donated several times at the CFC resulting in pregnancies for each donation (which was 2).

Unfortunately there is absolutely no guarantee with all of this - I wish somebody had told me that even choosing a proven donor does not guarantee the ideal outcome. Women need to know this going to SA. I would also point out that a donor who has donated before and not created pregnancies from those donations could be absolutely fine to choose also as the problems could be with the recipient or with the sperm. My advice to you is to select your donors and then speak to the clinic to get all the history on their previous donations at the CFC in order to be able to make your final decision.

RB
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow

Since my sons illness and death, I doubt everything and my mind and thoughts torment me with decisions I make.

The donor I have chosen is 24, her own child but hasn't donated before. Its the donating that I am now stressing over. But if the friend who promised a egg hadn't backed I wouldn't have been questioning the previous donating part.

I think we would definitely go with a back up option because it would be devastating to get there and not be able to come home with a transfer.

Leah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone had Dr Matebese? Or is Dr L of Dr W better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Angel - I read your signature and can see you have been through a truly anguishing ordeal. My heart goes out to you.

Talk to the clinic about what their recommendation would be re the donor. If I had to do it all over again, I would have really taken my time with the donor selection as I felt I just rushed in "like a bull at a gate" in order to get the whole process started, as I had pretty specific dates I could take off work and be in South Africa. The agency I used rushed me through the process also, I had no idea that I could email the clinic directly and give them the reference number for my donor to see if she had donated before and how her donations had gone.

Your 24 year donor would probably be fine - the only thing is that they would not know how she is going to react to the drugs, so they may need to adjust her medication up or down depending how her body responds as every person responds so differently. If you can, try to select a donor from one of the clinic's recommended donor agencies. I also failed to read this on the CFC's website!

We used Dr L R. I honestly cannot recommend him highly enough Angel… he is the kindest most caring person. He genuinely wants to help you. The only thing I would say is that I found his assistant quite difficult to get hold of sometimes as she works part time, she was absolutely lovely, but her communication was appalling. I would recommend that if you do choose Dr L R and you have a concern or need a really quick answer on something, that you email Dr L R directly and CC Karin. He was brilliant at responding. I have no idea how he gives every patient that level of care. But he is simply amazing - and saved my cycle and is undoubtably the reason that I am pregnant today. I have told every IVF Dr I deal with here in Australia about him, because he is most definitely somebody people can trust - and after what so many of us have already been through, we often find it hard to trust at this point.

I was also very ill when I arrived in Cape Town and he got me in immediately to see a Dr just across the road from the CFC who prescribed antibiotics and had me back to normal in a couple of days. Dr L R was also responsible for that GP's two children. In his own words "he is truly a talented individual"

I wish you the very best in your search Angel. Take your time and ask all the questions you need to. The women on this forum are just so wonderful and most of us have been or are in the process of going to SA for the egg donor programme, so will be able to answer any questions you might have.

RB
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I just wanted to say that I have been following everyone's journey and have plucked up the courage to post here with a positive story. I went to CT in january
    after years of TTC. We got a positive blood result on Valentines Day and I gave birth to our daughter in October. We had a fantastic experience with CFC and hope to go back there at the end of next year for a FET! Good luck to you all on your journeys!
    Last edited by Sardy; 18-11-2013 at 15:34.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sardy For This Useful Post:

thembs  (19-11-2013)