Closed Thread
Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering if anyone knows the percentages of how many twins will be born if you transfer 2 blastocysts with a young donor? What are the odd of both taking or is it better to transfer one?

What do the CFC doctors recommend?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Sooty we could only claim the medical expenses. Also from memory best to do combined for you and partner for medical claims through tax... Check with your accountant though.

Jodie good luck and hopefully you can relax (I know stupid thing to say as I'm not relaxed waiting)!!

Good luck to the newbies starting this journey. Time will fly by for you.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Medical expenses are definitely all that can be claimed for our whole process. Not sure how she claimed airfares, but I would imagine that the Tax Dept just didn't pick up on it? The last thing anybody would want is an audit by the Tax Dept as they will go back through your last three years returns with a fine tooth comb. Chances are, if she trys to claim again - that's when it would be picked up and she would have to pay all of it back - with a fine and anything else that they find!!

Jodie & Makeba - hope that the two week wait flys past for you both. I have my fingers crossed for both of you.

Sooty - good luck for your transfer tomorrow. Thinking of you also xx

Angelmama - I'm not exactly sure of the odds of twins. The CFC will only transfer two embryos. We transferred two and one took. If you scroll back through the roll call, you will see that there are quite a few sets of twins conceived. I would email your Dr at the CFC and ask them if they can provide you with the current stats for the clinic with donor eggs. You can also be guided by the quality of the embryos you have at time of transfer. If you have a couple of really good looking embryos and you don't want twins you might decide to only transfer one? Definitely something to chat more about with your Dr at the CFC so that you can make the decision when the time comes. Good luck with it all. Very exciting that you are on your way now. I wish you the very best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, Makey, BB4 - all in the 2 week wait, I'll hopefully be joining you in another day & we have 4 or 8 babies together !!!

Makey - I know what you mean, how are we all meant to relax, famous words from our lips to others, as we all know that's the ideal as we TRY so hard to breathe and remain calm at all times !!

My DH found this at a shop in Stellenbosch yesterday - one for all of us. xxxx

"Every day there is a possibility of a miracle"
    Last edited by sootymay; 15-11-2013 at 13:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeling really anxious. I was telling a friend our plans and she me feel like I am being taken in by scam and they would take our money.

Did anyone research the clinic legitimate? I didn't feel this way until today and until her comments.

To people who have been, is it legitimate? I know people do always offer their opinion but I need a bit of reassurance right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Angelmama, there is about three years of history on this thread from Aussie women who have used Cape Fertility, there are also about 3 years of threads on Fertility Friends website not one person has mentioned being scammed. Use an agency on CFC'S recommended list. It's legit, Sunny from the over 40s thread re ecently had a successful cycle with Cape Fertility along with MANY other women on this thread. I'll be going down this path myself if this pregnancy goes pearshaped, which it looks like it will. I've been researching Cape Fertility for almost 18 months and not seen one negative experience.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks x it just takes one person to make you doubt. I have read the forum, just having a irrational moment of fear.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (15-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HI Ladies,
    hope you don't mind me jumping in here... DH and I are exploring the option of Donor Egg in South Africa and rather than troll through 50+ pages I thought au would just ask my questions of you all..:
    has anyone used Cape Fertility or Aevitas? Any recommendations for doctors?

We have been looking at the following agencies: gift ov life, sunshine, Global Egg donors, ababysa, nurture, are there any others we have missed?
    are there any we should stay away from?

we have a specific time that we will be able to coordinate to travel to SA because of work: can clinics work with a set window of time or do we have to work with their window ?
    any recommendations for accomodation?(we are looking to do the whole process in Cape Town )
    on the days we aren't required at the clinic do you think we can fit in some 'touristy things'? (DH is a diver and wants do a shark dive: we would also like to go to a game park)
    looking forward to hearing your replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    How many times can a donor donate in SA?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have found out, now to look for a back up <sigh>.

How many of you have used a proven donor vs non proven?