Closed Thread
Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome home Makeba - I found the flight home a long one too especially with a delay thanks to qantas at Perth airport for 12 hours. Maybe you can take some sick days to fully recover? Let the 2ww feel quick and you can then celebrate the beginning of a new chapter being pregnant

Congratulations sooty 13 eggs is an amazing result which will no doubt hold your little one or two in there for you to find. Hard to keep a lid on it with such good numbers. You must be feeling so relieved and so grateful and so excited.
    Thanks for keeping us posted we are all thinking of you. Enjoy your last few days not being pregnant
    As for the crinone cream it's $187-200AUD a box of 15. I think the pessaries are a bit cheaper? As much as crinone is messy I would prefer this to injections. They were fine at the start but in the tenth week I ran out of fresh injection sites and they really started getting sore.

good luck with your cycle baby4me Thinking of you too keep us posted.

glad to hear all is going well rainbow! Thanks for asking after me I'm always lurking

Good luck Net not long now
    ansit and Allie yay doing so well and into the half way zone so happy

sorry for anyone I've missed
    hi to all

AFM
    Week 11 I've had weekly scans and we can't see the hematoma and dr is happy with how it all looks - a wiggerling baby that's right size etc so just got to do the downs blood test and then finish off all meds except baby aspirin, as of week 12 and do the scan in that week too. Still have black in crinone cream so will be interesting if this stops when stop crinone. All a day at a time and in many ways doesn't feel real yet but enjoying each milestone.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (12-11-2013),sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - OMG 11 more sleeps - how super exciting. You are like me. OMG the preparation in getting the house ready for our house sitter (a colleague from work, so I had to hide all my meds and fertility books etc as well) was full on. It was a job in itself, so I know what you mean, a forced spring clean - windows inside and out, skirting boards, oven, the works !! Once it's done its great, as you will come back pregnant and wont need to do a thing !

Pixel - so good to hear from you. I too wondered how you were going. I'm so pleased, and I can imagine its still abit surreal. I feel like that been over here. I think Sat will change things, as then it will be real, but at the moment, strange indeed for me. Just out of curiosity, Was there a reason you decided to do Downs still with a younger egg? Are you happy with your OB you chose, was it the South African in the end ??!! I totally agree, I'm happy with crinone to top up. I'l check with Heidi on the cost today here, as we got given a box, but I as we don't finalise the bill/extras until Sat I'm now now sure of the cost... derrrrr... so much going on in my head. DH reckons I'm a space cadet on this Dex.

Arnica Oil - which brand did you ladies get when you were over here. Heidi recommended it & said the girls find it helpful, but not to put it on until 12 hours later, so as not to irritate the site. I remember reading on here that there was one that had extra chemicals in it, that made it worse. The one up the local chemist on Main Road was only 10% Arnica.

Rainbow - fabulous news re. your progress... gosh before we know it you'll be announcing the birth !! Where does the time go.

Hi to everyone else. Sorry I'm not reading back over thoroughly to catch up. DH and I are sharing one computer that he is using for work - and also trying to keep up on the private emails from home, pay plumbers etc !! Life goes on when on holiday - mind you it's nice to forget about home and normality for awhile. Thats the best thing about this cycle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (12-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - re the test for downs. Just because we have a younger egg, does not mean that we are risk free from downs. Yes, the downs risk significantly increases with age, but it is a completely personal choice as to whether or not you do it.

My OB gave me the choice and I wanted to do it, because I personally don't know if I could handle the outcome if my child were to have downs. My OB suggested we do the scan and bloods, if we were going to do it, as this also gives them a very comprehensive look at the fetus to ensure all the arms and legs have formed correctly as well as the facial bones and brain structure. Combined with the information they also receive from the blood test gives them much more information than just the scan alone. There is also just a blood test offered now, which is extremely detailed and can even tell the sex of the baby from the 12-13 week period just from the babies blood which is extracted from the mothers blood. This test costs about $800 but we fully indented to do this as the second option if we were not happy with the numbers we received from the nuchal translucency - rather than risk amniocentesis.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (12-11-2013),sootymay  (13-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

makey, bb4me good luck in the 2ww

Sooty great numbers, good luck for you transfer

great to hear everyone's scans are going well.

welcome to the new people.

AFM transfer went well, I'm curled on the lounge in my apartment resting and I'm bored, I want to be out there doing something, I'm missing DH and bub hugely and being out and about helps me keep my mind off them, I'm not used to being able to sit down in peace and quiet and I'm finding being on my own strange lol.

I go home on Thursday and bloods are next Thursday, I found out that we had one frosty left over from Mattys donor, wish I had of known about that I was told the eggs weren't great so they weren't going to freeze any. If I have to come back again I'm going to use that egg!

Hope everyone is well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Jodi, sorry I missed you in my well wishes. Thursday will be here before you know, I hope you've got a great book and movies to escape into. I still went for little trips out post transfer to have yummy food and check out a market or temple. It is hard to just lay in bed or couch all day especially when your overseas with so much to explore. Lots of love

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi, I know what you mean. I often long for time on my own without some pressing project and then feel at a loose end and start creating some new craft project! I'm going to find a holiday away a bit of a challenge without my craft cupboard at hand
    Rainbow, that's great info about the test though I doubt WA has heard of it yet
    Sooty, I hope it is all going well for you. 13 is amazing. Your donor sounds amazing. I hope in future, you get to meet her, I'm sure you'd both love it. My clothes sewing is done and now just cleaning left and I would quite like a kindle and tablet cover.

Had my performance review at work yesterday and wished they wouldn't bore me with the same old, "no, you can have a reclass and we don't know how to develop you". Why do they think someone usually pro-active avoids these things like the plague?

Barbados now want me to do intralipid transfer. It costs $406US which is a dent, also they want me to have them up to 12 weeks and it will cost me a fortune, I don't think they even do them in WA and I'm not travelling interstate for it. Never mind I shall sort it all out. Just hate having these last minute wrinkles.

Best wishes to everyone currently cycling or getting ready to. I have everything crossed for everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone had Dr Matebese at CFC, I have been corresponding with her and wonder what she is like?

I think I may have found my donor, she is available in April and I am just waiting for more details from Kimenthra.

I am feeling really positive about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow - thank you for that information, good to know, and I can do that when the time comes

Angel - gosh that is expensive

Jodi - awww, I feel for you. Thats so sweet you are missing DH and bubby. I don't have a bub, but I'm quite the opposite, love been off on my own doing things, mind you, way over here... it may be slightly different if I was on my own without DH.

I met a lady last night at the accomodation that I am staying in that has been here 4 times now. She had transfer Saturday, goes home Thursday. So hope it works for her this time. She has NK Cells too, and is now under Gavin Sacks. It was amazing talking to her about the process etc, donors and so on. She saw both her donors in the clinic waiting room for past retrievals, as they were the only ones in there and it was obvious it was them, as they looked like their baby photos! I'm not sure how I would cope with that at this stage, she said she was over whelmed with emotion and wanted to give them both a big hug, but of course didn't.

Tax Refunds - I'll try and find the post where someone mentioned keeping receipts for claiming tax next year (by the way, my Accountant told me the 20% is been reduced as well next financial year ). Does anyone know if you can claim the accomodation and transport as well?

The lady I met last night, claimed for her trips last year (she didnt know about it at first either) and said she got 10k back !! She claimed the cost of treatment and her airfare, but didnt put in for accomodation/transport and wasnt sure if you could or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty my accountant claims the medical expenses only, apparently that is all we are legally allowed to claim, I don't know how she gets away with claiming airfares as well, I would be interested to know the loophole she uses, we could all use a little extra back from the government lol

I'm very much a loner, I love to do things on my own but its a bit different when you have a bub, your with them all the time and catering to their needs, I love the 2 days I have off as he is in daycare however I still see him at night, being away from them for a week is difficult, not so much my hubby, but Matty changes every day they grow so quick, you'll see when your little one comes along I 'm also finding the silence to be great but strange and the sole control of the remote to be fantastic lol

Net sounds like you really will need a tablet to give you something to do if you are so used to being busy you might find it hard sitting around doing nothing.
    Good luck with your cycle you must be heading out soon. I know all the extras do add up but if it gives you the best chance and means you don't have to do another cycle then it really is worth doing.

I was walking down the street this arvo and a derelict man says to me, it's a boy! I'm guessing he thought I was pregnant because I'm bloated and fat, but considering the size of a lot of people over here all I can say is the cheek! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jodi - thank you for your post, I totally get it , re the 2 days during the day _ must be like a weekend even tho I fortunately dont have that remote thing going on at home (I've read enough about it tho..!!!) and the changes with our blessed child, would be phenomenal every day, especially when they are young & going through so many changes.

Tax - I think she just put it all in to her accountant and wasntt expecting anything back either, so good to know what youve said... that legally its medical... I'll check with my accountant, as wouldnt want to "buck" the system either....

Jodi - thats pretty spooky that man saying that to you. I've heard stories like that before..... I think thats a sign xxxx It must be... how can some random man walking down the street say that.... its' def a sign