Closed Thread
Page 82 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, made it to CT last night. Love our apartment at 302 cavendish heights, wilderness road. Directly opposite the clinic. Really spacious, lots of hot water, 2 separate bedrooms, free wifi. I like it better than the 2 we stayed in last time which were at greenpoint. We have a hire car so we can drive to the waterfront which we were doing last time anyway. Have a sore throat after the flight. Am really hoping it doesn't turn into something worse. So different from last time. Last time it didn't get light until 730am, this time 5am. More hours in the day to do stuff!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (13-11-2013),laned  (11-11-2013),thembs  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies - and a big hi to all the newies Gosh its busy on here - great to see.

Rainbow - Danny (our driver) is perfect/amazing - as you said, thank you. We even paid for him to bring us out here, rather than driving (3 hour return trip - 2800R / $280 approx) - we enjoy his company & didnt want to drive yet - so another splash out, but hey, he benefits and so do we.

Angelmama - I used ababysa - they are FABULOUS.... I cannot praise them enough. Tina and Lara will bend over backwards for you. We are meeting up with Lara while we are here (Tina is overseas) - they are 110% genuine in their wish to meet us, help us with anything we need (trust me numerous emails to them) and they stay in touch with our donor and honestly I cannot fault them. Giftovlife - Mandy & Tami are also super amazing as well. I was so impressed with their care as well, that I actually personally felt disappointed for them that I couldnt use them. BUT they have their hearts in the right places too, and I relayed this to them, as they spent so much time as well answering all my questions. I tried to find our ED through both these agencies for that reason. I did a tonne of research on the agencies and read up here a lot as well.

Welcome BB4 - gosh, I thought you were here already. Your apt sounds nice. We stayed at Wilton Manor B&B the first 2 nights - gorgeous and the staff were amazing, catering for our early 8am starts at the clinic by bringing in their beautiful staff early. We tipped them well. They were just so bright and happy and accomodating. We've moved to Green Park 3, at Green Point - was cheaper at $95 per night, but def 70's building - but stunning views and lots of room to spread out. At first glance, it was like... mmmh holly molly - but its very comfortable (and I'm a fussy pot!!). We are now on Safari at Sabona - a big splash out for us - but just amazing - like a honeymoon - they asked if we were here for any special occasion - I wanted to say "yes, hopefully a baby" but refrained !!

Update from Cape Town - and a question about progesterone for anyone that has been on the Gestone injections....

We arrived Wednesday, has taken a few days to settle and its really QUITE surreal, on why we are here. Even when we went into the clinic. I think it's just jet lag, loads of underlying emotions and so on. But today is Sunday, 5 days on and starting to settle in more. The dex still has be awake at 12am the first few days, up at 1-2am, and this morning awake at 2am, and got up at 4am... so slowly adjusting - ha ha !! at least there is no tiredness in the mornings. We are out at a gorgeous place called Sabona Wildlife Reserve - splashed out, as it is rather quite posh in our books!!!!.. and the Ranger will be waking us soon anyways for a 5.50am start

Progesterone - Dr Matthias said to double whatever dose the clinic here gives me. So, do you think I could take pressaries for the additional dose, rather than doubling the injections every day? I dont really want 2 needles in my butt everyday (you know my phobia with needles) plus of course I've read about all the bruising, lumps etc everyone has left. I may run out of room too... mind you by the time I come back, I'll have good size African butt on me anyways - I'm making the most of eating !!

Our ED is going well & I think at least 15 eggs, but we all know it's a numbers game, so will take that with a grain of salt. But Dr Heylen seems confident for a 5 day transfer next Sat - retreival is tomorrow. My lining is perfect - so all good so far. I had a wee wave of emotion for our lovely Donor last night coming back from safari in the night with bright shining stars everywhere, thinking that her trigger inj would have been last night and then her journey to help someone else is complete on Monday. Bless her beautiful soul.

Hi to everyone else xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

laned  (11-11-2013),thembs  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening everyone :-)

May - No, no frozen sperm. Didn't even occur to us to do this. That said I heard back from CFC and Cyndi said we can do PICSI and use DH's sperm. I've been reading up on it as I've never heard of it before but hopefully we will be able to do this. We will do another semen analysis early next year. I'm annoyed that PICSI wasn't offered before by our FS here in Oz. Now my eggs are out of the question to use. I understand you being nervous about travelling on your own. It's not just the travelling it's the whole process and dealing with it on your own. If we do end up with donor sperm I will be going alone.

Angel - I am using EDSA and so far they have been great and done the liaising with CFC. Kimenthra is more than happy to answer any questions.

Allie - congratulation on 20 weeks and 'it's a girl'. I am so happy for you.

Anait - Nice to hear you're 18 weeks along and all going well, even with your big boobs (as big as her head, that made me laugh :-)).

BB4ME and Sooty - good luck to you both such an exciting time for you. Fingers crossed for you both. BB4ME Nice to know about your accommodation, I'm just about to google it :-).

AFM - Nothing really happening. All our tests are done now and sent to CFC. DH sperm isn't great but CFC advised us to use PICSI. Anyone had this instead of ICSI?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lily72 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, what an amazing post. I loved reading it. I don't know much about progesterone although on Egg donation Australia a thread has just started and the info on there was pretty much "you can't take too much so load up". I wouldn't want to inject gestone more than once a day either and I have no needle phobia at all. i've never taken gestone but it is pretty strong stuff from what I've read and it is expensive. If you can load up with pessaries as back-up that's probably a good option.

BB your accommodation sounds wonderful.

best of luck to both of you! It is wonderful to know that if Barbados is a bust that I have such good options available in SA.

Anait and Allie, congrats and I hope everything is smooth sailing for you. Sorry ladies, I can't read back any further. DJ, if you're out there, I'm thinking of you. I hope all is well.

AFM. My jabbing has started. My sewing of clothes is almost complete. My machine has decided to skip stitches and I can't do buttonholes so have put it aside while I count to 10 a few times. Very frustrating. I dropped off the keys to the housesitter today so everything is getting very real and close. Only 11 sleeps or something like that! I am one of those people who needs to leave the house sparkling clean when I'm going away and there is so much still to do. It will be a busy week!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (11-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's exciting to read so many interesting stories about other ladies in the same ED journey.

Laned- thank you very much for the comments, I would appreciate if you could find out the name of the courier company that your friend used to take frozen sperm to SA. I need to start getting some quotations and get things organized.

Allie - What a hassle this poor woman went through having her DH's sperm held up in customs. I would assume the courier company makes sure the sample gets delivered on time so it survives but apparently there is a part of the process ( customs ) that courier can't control ? I would certainly try and get the sample in CT before going over, just to make sure we will have sperm in the right place before we start cycling. It seems so unfair that on the top of all issues we have to deal with more and more... Oh well, as long as this means our bring home baby at the end, it will all worth it.

Another question, how did you all got your meds here in Australia ? Who prescribed your CFC here ?

Thanks to all and good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - give Danny a big hug from us. He was truly amazing and is trustworthy and utterly reliable.

Re the progesterone, Can you get double the quantities of the ampules from the clinic? I found the progesterone injections so much easier than taking the messy pessaries. Your butt actually gets used to them - just remember to bring yourself home a couple of bottles of the arnica oil because it really helps. I would definitely purchase the additional progesterone in SA as it will be MUCH cheaper there.

Good luck for everything this weekend. I'm thinking of you - and the other ladies in Cape Town at the moment.

Net - only 11 more sleeps for you. How exciting. I look forward to reading all your updates in the coming weeks.

Pixel - hope that all is well with you and that your bleeding has now stopped? I might not have read far enough back to see your updates, but have not heard from you in a while, so just wanted to make sure all is okay?

To all of you searching for a donor agency... my advice is to take your time and do your research thoroughly. I was not very happy with our donor agency in the end. When it got to the pointy end, I didn't feel like we got the response/support out of them that they should have provided. We used Baby2mom. The wonderful Dr L R and the CFC well and truly went beyond the call and saved our cycle. But there are certain agencies that the CFC recommend - I would recommend you use these to start with and choose your donor from one of these agencies as there is a reason why the CFC recommend them!

AFM - all going well. I'm actually forgetting that I'm pregnant at the moment. Feeling really good. We have our 20 week scan on Christmas Eve - so it will be lovely to find out the sex of our baby as an early Christmas present. We're not bothered either way, we are just so grateful for this amazing gift.

to anybody I have not mentioned, you are all in my thoughts. xx

Sticky baby dust to us all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BB4mme- excellent re apartment. I hope your throat comes good. Lots of vitamin C and garlic. Also get stuck into those beautiful pineapple for the bromeline (helps with implantation).

Sooty - Sounds like your having a blast. We were asked that same thing on Safari!! As for progesterone, wouldn't hurt to ask the Dr. I took oral, x3 Pessaries and the x1 daily injection and my levels were through the roof. Just be sure to ask him whether he meant for you to double the injections or whether he meant the oral dose.

Net - Yay, how exciting. Can't wait for you too go. Look so forward to hearing about your journey. Mmmmm sunshine, palm trees and baby dust coming your way. X

Mayaus - have text my friend and waiting for a response. Will get back to you ASAP.

To all the CT Ladies xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mayaus I have sent you a PM with some courier information and contacts.

Good Luck Anait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

To everyone in CPT at the moment enjoy and soak up all the wonderful experiences. We arrived home at midnight on Saturday, urgghhh still struggling to find my feet. Thank goodness I have today off. Back to work tomorrow with acupuncture session booked in after work. Fighting a sore throat and heady feeling.
    I second Laneds comments re: pineapple it's divine!!

Big hugs to all. Makey xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG - Makey, I didn't realise you were in and out of Cape Town so quick !! Poor you with the time difference returning... do you reckon it's worse than coming over? Good luck for the next 1-2 weeks.... fingers, toes, knees, elbows, everything is crossed for you !!

We had egg retrieval today - 13 eggs and our ED is doing well. I sent her a message this morning via the agency, saying if they were talking to her (they stay in contact the whole way through) to say we were thinking of her today. The agency also texted us at 1pm today to update us and say she was doing well, resting at home and had the Doctor been in touch to update us....
    Then this evening we rec'd a very moving message through our agency, but from our ED, to tell us how she felt and thank us for the gifts we got her, she said it made her week after an anxious time & was so happy when the Doctor woke her up to tell her how well she had done, she said she had to fight back tears of happiness for us & was glad we had chosen her.
    Even though I haven't met her, I feel such a connection and am so happy she is ok and has shared her feelings with us. Its a huge thing for our ED's in what they are doing for others.

Ladies - I have another question - sorry about going back over this... Back to the progesterone !! Ok, so we are doing 1 injection per day, and the clinic was happy to give us a box of crione as well, so that's what we are going to do. 1 inj/1 Crinone per day.

I'm going to try and order another supply of Gestone, as per Rainbow's & a few others recommendation to do so whilst over here due to the cheaper price.

With the Crinone - shall I order more of this here too? I cant remember for the life of me how much it is in Australia? ....

..... and I cant really ask our house sitter (who is my colleague - and has no idea why we are here, other than a "wedding") to climb up into the spare bedroom's wardrobe and go behind all the things I hid in front of all my fertility books and medications before I left - so she wouldn't accidentally stumble across them.......... to look at the box and tell me !!

Hi to everyone else, best be off, its nearly 11pm, the latest I've been up since been here, and should be in bed, considering I will probably be up again at 3-4am