Closed Thread
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies that have been to Cape Town already. Quick question - I read on Singapore Airlines website to not wrap gifts, as customs may want to open them all up. ....... I wanted to wrap them with love from this end, ready for packing and have it all done, rather than doing it when over there.

Has anyone else heard of this before? I thought that's what x ray machines were for ?!!

One more sleep to go I've been cleaning the oven, more painting around some window frames - best do that before I get pregnant !! - hopefully of course - just been positive ... nasty chemicals - and of course bouncing off the walls in general.

Makey - thinking of you for Wednesday transfer. We land that morning - so good luck, I will be thinking of you.

Did you drive up to Knysna? It looks amazing up that way, if we have time I wanted to go up to a safari park up there - it had really good reviews, but time permitting and if everything goes according to scheduled dates

BB4 / Jodi - hope you are having fun and everything is going according to plan for you too.

xx
    Last edited by sootymay; 04-11-2013 at 15:52.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sootymay - good luck for tomorrow. Not too sure about the presents thing. I would just pack them into your checked luggage, as the only reason I could imagine they would want to open them was if they thought something suspect was inside? Don't fret too much about it, the worst that will happen if they do decide to take a look inside is that you will need to buy more wrapping paper over there.

I had my Nuchal Translucency test today. Our odds for downs came back 1 in 17,000!!! Very very pleased about that. Had a wonderful 3D ultrasound so got to see so much more than we have before. Bub was sucking his/her thumb and bouncing around in there. We are still going to wait until I am at 15 weeks before we start telling anybody outside our immediate family.

They mentioned again that the risk for pre-eclampsia is 1 in 3 in a donor pregnancy, so definitely something to be mindful of ladies, so make sure its on your list of questions for your OB to discuss with you.

Good luck to those already in SA and those about to go. Look forward to hearing all your positive updates in the coming weeks. Enjoy that wonderful food and wine. My heart goes a little weak thinking about that delicious cheese in the wine regions... I was shopping this afternoon and just wanted to dive into the soft cheese cabinet - small price to pay though.

Lots of sticky baby dust to us all....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow - good idea - wrap away I will, before we go

Great news for you... aww sucking his/her thumb, how magical.

Preeclampsia - thanks for the reminder for us all. Interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makey good luck for tomorrow

sooty I wrapped pressie and had no problems they were in my checked luggage. Have a safe flight tomorrow. Bb4me and I are going to meet up I'm not sure what your movements are from what I can gather you aren't staying around Cape Town or its vicinity for long but I will pm you.

Bb4me see you Friday, maybe, lol. If I don't let's hope we have a safe flight and I will def see you on Sunday.

rainbow, great numbers sounds really promising.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (07-11-2013),sootymay  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow - I bet listening to the heart beat us just lovely for you. I think I will do that when I (hopefully) get there.
    Frances - I'm sure you could cycle before you go. But that said like Missleo said it is a huge deal that you want to give it more than 100 per cent. Plus the costs. I would probably give yourself several months though before you go to get yourself in as best condition that you can.
    Pixel- so happy for you.
    Makeba - good luck for your transfer tomorrow.
    I watched the Insight show. So interesting and very confronting, but helpful to hear from donor kids and see what they thought and felt.
    i didn't know that the chance of pre-eclampsia was higher in donor pregnancies. So much info on this forum it's great for us starting down this road.
    AFM - we have confirmed our donor and signed the form with EDSA. Now just waiting for her yo sign. It feels a lot more real now. Like we have actually started something and are moving in a positive direction.

Baby dust to everyone travelling this month

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lily72 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (06-11-2013),Makeba  (07-11-2013),Pixel  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

just wanted to sound you out. I know nothing about NK cells, I had a blood test taken a few years back and the NKcells were fine. But, taking into account the difficult pregnancy I had and the fact that I broke out in a rash on the progesterone albeit I think it was from the arnica oil but it did stay round for a while, I'm wondering whether it may have become an issue now, my body remembers what happened. Is this plausible? What would you do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makey - cannot wait to read your update. Wishing you the very best for today. Much love to you and those little embies. XxXX

Sooty - we flew with Qantas and from memory carried the present in a back pack as carry on. It was wrapped and we had no trouble. Happy travels.

Bb4me and Jodie - hoping you both have a successful trip. How lovely for you all to be there at the same time. Xx

Jodie - from memory, you continued to use the POI. If your adverse reaction was from the POI, you would have undoubtedly have progressed on to a worsening reaction or even anaphylaxis. I am sure you will be okay to continue using. That said, best to check with your Dr. All the very best xxx

AFM - Our little man has discovered his voice and seems to think that yelling and pretend coughing are loads of fun. There goes watching any evening TV for a while

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Lily72  (06-11-2013),Makeba  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lily - Congratulations on choosing your donor. The time will fly from herein.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

hope everyone is doing ok. We had a lovely few days in Kynsna, if anyone has a few days to kick back book Plentenberg bay - gorgeous beaches, beautiful forest and great drive.. Only downside is its 5 hours travel time.

For anyone travelling factor in road works... We hit loads of road works along the way. We drove back to CPT last night and thank god we did as the traffic was a nightmare. For anyone visiting a orphanage or school during a township tour we bought kids clothes, school books and colouring pencils... Which went down a treat for the staff to distribute. It has made me think that I want to do start helping out in some way when I get back, feel like I need to give back for the opportunity we have been given.

well we had our transfer today.....the ever so cool Dr H was very happy and we have two little embies snuggling in. We had the lovely Liz today who kissed my belly, hugged us both. Truly felt like we had everyone in our corner today. Most importantly to all of you cheering us on from the sidelines... Thank you ever so much, your posts have really helped.

Sooty hope you arrived ok, enjoy your time.

from my sofa overlooking table mountain covered in table cloth.. Baby dust to all.
    Makey xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong place but I have very recently joined the egg donation path, so not sure how things should be done in terms of comunication.
    We have just started to explore our options in Cape Town and have been in touch with Elain from CFC. We haven't chosen a donor yet, but found a couple of options with Sunshine donors ( any comments on them ? )
    I would like to ask you if you have any advise in terms of taking frozen sperm to CT. Unfortunately, it looks like DH's fresh sample won't be good enough for ICSI and we might be looking into taking frozen sperm from Sydney to CT. Did any of you did it ? What courier service did you use ?
    I am also a bit concerned, as because it is so expensive to take the sperm across ( around $ 3.000 I guess ), we are thinking I should go to CT by myself to try and save some $$$ on tickets for DH and DD. Did you went to CT alone ? How was the experience ? I am usually not scared to travel by myself, but having a ED cycle overseas is already overwhelming enough...
    I would appreciate any help or comments or encouragement.
    Thank you so much and good luck to all.