Closed Thread
Page 8 of 95 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    BJO4 - Congratulations - OMG I can only imagine how that would feel. Well done, what a special time for you.

January - thank you so much for updating the register. It's got great information in there for us too, with how many were transferred & the result. Thank you.

Good news, FINALLY we have found our donor It was the hardest thing, I really didn't think it would be, but once I got into it, it was. I'm so relieved that , that part is over now, it was very overwhelming. Thank you to 2 of the ladies on this forum that I PM'ed and they felt the same, it really helped clear my head and I went back to basics and found her!! The agency I used ababysa.com was amazing. For anyone reading this that has just started looking, I highly recommend them and Gift ov Life. Both were extremely professional, and understanding, and put up with my numerous emails. If you have just started looking, what I also liked was that ababysa don't hold you to the fee you've paid or the agency, should the donor not pass her initial screening tests at the clinic. That was important to us, even though we chose a proven donor, so there shouldn't be any issues, I wanted to be assured that the agency had their hearts in the right place and wouldn't hold us ransom (just my opinion!) to the agency should something go wrong. I think they both offer a reduced fee of up to 30% should you choose to go back through them for another cycle/donor at a later date. The other 2 agencies I found really helpful and fair with refund polices etc was Nurture (more expensive than the others approx. $600+ dependant on which agency you're looking at) and Sunshine, who were really helpful. Hope that helps anyone that is just starting out.
    Last edited by sootymay; 21-07-2013 at 06:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ - congratulations to you that is wonderful news. My numbers used to take three days to double with my only successful pregnancy, so try not to let those numbers get the better of you.

Crystal & January - thinking positively for both of you this weekend also

Donna - great news on your egg numbers. I hope everything continues to go well for you. Thank so much for your advice re hotels also, greatly appreciated.

Anait - good to hear all is going well with you in CT also. Good luck for your transfer on Monday. Thank you for your updates re the Cape Heritage, the rooms there look really nice. Is it a safe area to walk around during the day/night? Part of me wants to be at the waterfront, but I love all the little quirky things.

SA Tourism are doing a huge push to Australians at the moment, so am loving all the coverage there is on places to go and food to eat in South Africa at the moment. I am going to give Ostrich a try while I am there also.

AFM - feel like the OCP is just keeping my AF at bay. Hopefully it holds off until next weekend as I am meant to stop taking it on July 28. The CFC say in their documentation that my treatment period will arrive 3-5 days later - but what if it comes straight away?? My donor's ER is not scheduled until August 19.... so my lining will be almost 3-3.5 weeks by then??? Is that normal?

Wishing everybody a wonderful weekend. xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Anait  (24-07-2013),BJ04  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Well I caved and did a Digital HPT this morning and to my shock it came back "1-2 pregnant"

Based on it registering on the HPT I was expecting reasonable HCG numbers! Managed to get BT results after much pleading and running from lab to GP who called me on his mobile on his way to playing golf with results! He did not sound very positive and stated that my HCG was only 19 and we would retest on Monday to know for sure what is really going on.

Waiting..........waiting..............waiting

I am totally feeling negative and again if anyone has some positive stories re low HCG please post them. Feel like AF is around the corner started having AF type cramps as well!!!

Go Team July -
    Last edited by January; 20-07-2013 at 16:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh January - big hugs for you. You've been well and truly put through the wringer with all of this. Just hang in there 'til Monday and you should have a definitive answer as to what your HCG is doing. They can't tell you anything until they see the second HCG. When I was pregnant with my daughter. I felt like my periods were always on their way in first couple of months. So feeling cramps could also be a good sign if AF doesn't arrive?

You are right though re the digital tests - as the First Response Digital doesn't register a reading unless it's over 25 I believe? Don't give up hope on the situation just yet There are women who just have low HCG numbers throughout their whole pregnancy and go onto have perfectly healthy babies. As long as your numbers fall into the correct range for your weeks and keep doubling every 48-72 hours, you could be just one of those women who happen to have lower numbers?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

January  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    January - here is a HCG range I found online. xx
    • 3 weeks: 5 – 50 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 4 weeks: 5 – 426 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 5 weeks: 18 – 7,340 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 6 weeks: 1,080 – 56,500 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 7 – 8 weeks: 7, 650 – 229,000 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 9 – 12 weeks: 25,700 – 288,000 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 13 – 16 weeks: 13,300 – 254,000 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 17 – 24 weeks: 4,060 – 165,400 mIU/ml of hCG
    • 25 – 40 weeks: 3,640 – 117,000 mIU/ml of hCG
    -

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Rainbowchaser, I have been reading all kinds of stuff but have my doubts that it will progress well

Fingers crossed for Monday's test

With my crappy cycle I am surprised to get at least this far

Sorry everyone, feeling a bit pathetic today.........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you January- I know the suffering with the unknown- hang in there, everything your going through is normal, we want that positive test result and waiting is the hardest thing when it feels so close.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi January, I'm thinking if you. It's so hard not to think the worst after all we have all been through. Remember doctors don't mess around if it was negative they would tell you straight away. Hang in there. Big hugs to you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thank you ladies for all the information. Especially the new thread as it was just what I needed to find at this time.

Girls in the 2WW you're in my thoughts x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi January - I am so sorry your journey continues to be a bumpy one. I do think your attitude has been amazing through it all. I have everything crossed for you that Monday brings some happy news!!