Closed Thread
Page 79 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

Sorry been MIA with hand foot and mouth disease , a 90th birthday party to organise and cater for not to mention all the office work that I have been trying to Catch up on from Septembers trip. Just wanted to wish those travelling a safe flight Sooty I didn't realise you will be in Cape Town at the same time, we should all meet up for lunch.

I am am not caught up on the goings on as I haven't had the chance to be on here or read the email notifications I will catch up whilst I am away, I won't know what to do with myself with all the free uninterrupted time I will have lol

Baby dust to all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Man oh man, why don't iPads have an undo, I just managed to delete my entire posting!

Ladies I am so very excited for all of you heading over in November. How lovely that you will all be able to share this emotional and exciting journey together and possibly catch up.

Sooty - I am hearing you with the Prednisone. What an evil drug! It's no wonder one puts on weight at all, felling that wired and jittery.

Frances/Laura - I found it very hard to give up on my own eggs. I kept thinking what if I just give my body one more chance. I felt that some how I was failing myself and my DH. My DH was all for DE, right from the get go. It took me some time and a holiday to the beach where I had a lot of alone and self reflection time. To complicate things I had the option of doing one more cycle using the drug Saizen (HGH) at a cost of $3000. I kept thinking that's an air fare to SA. Two of my IVF warrior friends had had success with the drug which for quite a long time made me think 'what if'. That said, every day my decision to go DE is confirmed when my gorgeous little boy gives me his beautiful smiles and looks at me as if I mean absolutely everything to him.

Btw - did any of you see the Insight program on children conceived through donor gametes? It was very interesting. It had me extremely emotional.

Pram update - the AFP are proceeding and are currently negotiating with Qld Police for e to provide a statement.

Much love to all xx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (31-10-2013),sootymay  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

All my love and best wishes for the November crew travelling to SA. I'll be thinking of you all.

Laned yes I watched insight the other week - love that show. It is a complex issue. Last night I went to a VARTA lecture which discussed both sides of the coin for donor renumeration. There were a few there from the insight show -one of the presenters and a donor child. The VARTA lecture did a good job of making it a non judgement, safe environment for all to express or just listen to different points of view.
    One presenter discussed reasons she felt donors should be renumerated which I could totally agree and relate to her view which I guess was because it was more from a recipients view and the other presenter came from the perspective of some donor children and argued how it should not be changed and that donor children do not want to feel they have been bought.
    It seems the main three issues for donor children are: 1. being lied to, 2. not having identity of donor and 3. donor only doing it for money. It seems to me that the first being the biggest and flowing onto the other issues.
    It is definitely scary and confronting to hear donor children that are unhappy but I have not seen a donor child who has been told the truth from the beginning and therefore seem to accept this as normal and part of there life and seem to avoid the same distress as children who were told in adulthood. So I just hope that if I am honest they will not suffer the same identity crisis. As I said complex and many perspectives.

hope you all have a fun weekend ahead. Melbourne cup weekend down here so long weekend for a lot of us

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-11-2013),sootymay  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel, very interesting comments for me. My father hid a previous family from us children and we only found out when he died when I was 17. I, more than any of us felt really angry and robbed. I brought this up with a SA co-ordinator in relation to anonymous donation and how any of my children might feel about that, and she pointed out it was the secrecy that upset me, not the fact that it happened. It was actually a little of both but in therapy, i've met a few adopted people and it the "being given up/rejected" hurt them as much as any secrecy involved. I wonder if children from donor conception, particularly donated embryos will ever feel that sense of having been "given up or rejected" by their donors. Food for thought perhaps.

Laned, delighted to hear you have progress on the pram situation.

Jodie, I'm impressed with all you've accomplished. I'll add my best wishes for those who are heading to SA this month.

I have a question for you all. Were you able to take ALL your meds in your hand luggage or did you only take what you needed for the flight and the rest in checked luggage?

I wasn't planning on checked luggage because of the very short window between my first two flights but I've been told by the airline that I have to check all my injectable meds that I won't use on the flight. I'd love to know what others have done.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-11-2013),Pixel  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - thanks for your comments. They are very helpful. I have to say I questioned whether I had done the right thing after viewing the program, fearful that I had been completely selfish. I did note that all the donor children who held anger and despair over the process had all found out later in life. We have been open with everyone about the DE journey and intend on telling William right from the get go through age appropriate language. Notwithstanding, I did find myself in tears and worried about the fact that our donor indicated that she had no interest in being identified in the event of legislative reform.

Net - what an awful thing for all of you to have gone through. You do raise an interesting thought. I suppose the beautiful difference is the great and overwhelming want and desire as opposed to the 'giving up', but who really knows! Time will tell I guess.

As for meds, take them on board. They will be with you and I am not certain, but underneath may not be at a suitable temp for your meds and pressure may be a problem. I kept mine with me at all times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi from CPT everyone...

thank you so much for the lovely pms I have received.. It really helps navigating this journey to have everyone's kind thoughts behind us.

quick update we arrived Wednesday morning, had a lovely walk and lunch around the waterfront before heading out to see dr Heylen. All is going well with my lining and transfer day now scheduled for Wednesday. I must admit I was freaking out on the plane thinking I had ovulated. We are heading to Woodstock neighbourhood markets tomorrow and Sunday heading to Kynasna for for a couple of days.
    I had acupuncture with Vicky hindmarsh today, gorgeous lady and so gentle.

To sooty, Jodie, Net and bb4me good luck with your final travel preparations. Everyone else a big hello.

bye from the gorgeous CPT

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

laned  (02-11-2013),Pixel  (03-11-2013),sootymay  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been reading with interest all the comments about the insight story. I actually missed it. But I can tell you ladies that I am an adopted child myself. I actually have NO medical history of my biological parents (and I really don't like to call them that because I consider my parents to be my Mum and Dad who raised me). My Mum and Dad told me I was adopted from an extremely young age, so young that I actually cannot even remember how old I was, but I always remember my mother telling me that I did not grow in her stomach but that she was still my Mum.

My parents gave me every opportunity to search for my biological parents if I wanted to, to this day I never have. The only time I ever thought about it was through my pregnancy with my daughter. The question comes up so many times "any history of diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure etc... in your family" my answer was always "I don't know, I'm adopted"

As an adopted child from the 70's I grew up with many friends who were also adopted. I found that those who were told later in life seemed to have the biggest problems with it, as it came as a shock to them and something they were not expecting. Several actually searched for their parents with very mixed results. One of my friends found her mum only to find out she was a drug addict and alcoholic, another found her family and sees them on an ongoing basis, another found her mum who had moved to the UK and turned up in Australia a few weeks before her Wedding and caused all sorts of dramas... and the last most devastating was my friend who searched for many years for his parents only to find out his mother had passed but his father was alive and bi-polar. This caused my friend trauma beyond belief and actually triggered a bout of depression that he has only recently overcome. In my own mind, I always questioned if my friends were searching for a missing piece of their life - or just searching for something better in their own lives because their own situation presented them with the ability to be able to do so?

I will most definitely telling our baby that he/she was conceived via a wonderful egg donor in South Africa and I would intend to tell them as young as they can start to understand because I would never want them to feel that it was hidden from them or something to be ashamed of.

For me, when I was at school, many children would say to me - your real mum must have hated you and gave you away... my response was always "I was chosen and wanted but your parents just had to take what they got when you were born" that usually shut kids up because they realised that I was not ashamed of being adopted, but instead completely proud of it.

I think of my adoptive mother with admiration. I could not imagine how hard it must have been for her to make the decision to adopt me. I have nothing but admiration for her for wanting her baby to have a better life than she could give it.

I don't have that urge to go searching for her, because I respect that she might have more children of her own and have never told them about me and I respect that. I have never placed a veto on my adoption file, so if she wanted to come searching for me she could.

I realise some people may look at my situation and think I am crazy, as I might have siblings out there... but I consider my family to be the family I grew up with, the parents who went through the very best and worst of times with me. To me, biology does not come into it, they are my parents and there is no two ways about it.

The egg donation route was a much easier one for me because of my own experience. I know that I have a tonne of information on our donor to share with them, so much more than I ever had (which was basically the state my mother came from, and the state my father came from and that my mother was a catholic and wanted her child raised in a catholic family).

For my parents, the journey was about absolute honesty. My parents held nothing back and supported me 100% if I ever changed my mind about wanting to find my biological parents/siblings and through our own ED journey, I can now appreciate first hand how hard it must have been for them to offer that - for fear of losing the child that they wanted so desperately.

RBx

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (04-11-2013),emski72  (03-11-2013),laned  (02-11-2013),Missleo  (02-11-2013),Pixel  (03-11-2013),sootymay  (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - all your meds need to go into hand luggage as they can freeze in the cargo hold. Just make sure you have the letter from your GP or FS here stating that you are taking all this medication and need to have it on your person whilst traveling and you will be fine.

RB
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba - Yaaaaaaayyyyyyy, you are finally there. Hoping all your dreams are soon realised. I am so excited for you Hun. Soak it all up and enjoy yourselves. Take care and stay safe. Xxx

RB - Thank you so much for sharing. Wow, anyone watching me would think I was pregnant, sitting here balling my eyes out reading your post. You are truly beautiful.

To all others CT bound and Net, not long now

17. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Makeba  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Steriods & Magnesium

Good morning everyone

For those ladies on NK Cell treatment / steroids - if you haven't already or don't know about steroids robbing your body of magnesium, jump onto the NKC thread & have a read of the latest thread by Preciousheart.

I woke up to the worst cramp 2 nights ago - and then happened to read her post the next day. Very timely, as I wouldn't have put 2 and 2 together. My leg still feels like the calf muscle has been torn & very sore. I went straight down to the Health Shop yesterday and am on powdered magnesium now and tissue salts (apparently both very good for insomnia, tension etc - all steroid side effects). Also, here is an interesting link about magnesium & how wonderful it's meant to be

http://www.jigsawhealth.com/resource...ohen-magnesium
    Last edited by sootymay; 04-11-2013 at 05:18.