Closed Thread
Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I would go Camps Bay - there are shops, but not malls and stuff. Just little boutique style shops and beach style clothing., but it has a lovely vibe to it. A nice little strip with cool Cafe's and restaurants - a little bit "lifestyles of the rich and famous" It will be a nice rest before your flight home.

Fish Hoek Bay is also divine. We went horseriding down there and had a ball. When we return to South Africa to take our Springaroo back to see where he/she came from, we will definitely spend some time down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,

Sorry for my just dropping in. I have been searching for my donor eggs..
    And have found the process to deal with the clinics very easy.

So when I mentioned my plans to my FS that while waiting until March for my annual leave, my still going to keep cycling. I have been told that this is wrong ???
    Have I done something horribly wrong ???

I rather confused I well if I can get there, before hand ?? Why waste time ?

Ladies please advise your thoughts

many thanks Laura

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Rainbow. I'm not a big shopper anyways, so it sounds lovely. Now you've got me even more excited about Fish Hoek. Whoo hoo - cant wait, it looked gorgeous, but then it all does. That's exciting, to think about taking your little one back and been able to enjoy it all over again as a wee family - I'm sure you're daughter will just love the idea of travelling with a little brother or sister to where it all began.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Frances. As you have to pay (from memory...) the agency fee and a deposit to the clinic before your donor is locked in it is very difficult to cycle all the way up to when you want to leave unless you are prepared to lose that money if you are successful - I don't think you can get a refund on all of that money if you decide not to go ahead. I may be wrong but maybe someone else can also confirm that? You also need to go on the pill and start your drugs for the donor cycle so you need several weeks for all of that.

Personally the donor step was a big deal for me and I wanted to give myself the best possible chance of success both mentally and physically. I made the choice to go on the pill 3 months beforehand (on my FS recommendation) to give my cycle a chance to settle and regulate again. I ate well, did accupuncture, avoided alcohol, exercised lightly but regularly and generally looked after myself. After all the stress i had put on my body with almost back to back cycles in the 12 months prior, not to mention all the IVF drugs I had pumped into my system, I truly believe I needed that break and I might not have been so successful if I hadn't done it that way.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (29-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sooty,
    yes all going well thank you, am at 9 weeks and baby is still growing strong, l still have black crinone cream everyday but the Dr can't see any hematoma or clot so it's just a day at a time.
    My sister gave birth to a little boy on Monday who is very cute, so have been moving around more while helping her in hospital but overall still just taking it very easy.
    I am so excited for you trip - nearly there! Sorry can't help you out with where to stay I last visited CT over 15 years ago, I heard this week it made the list for most "visitable" cities.
    Hi to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello and thank you for your reply.

I now understand that this is something I need to fully commit to 100 %. And that is both mentally and physically as well.

I have again spoken to my FS and he thinks I'm jumping the gun, and should take a bit more time. He is going to do some more tests and see if we are really at the end of the road with my eggs.

I personally could not care if it where not my eggs or not me and DH want to be a family more than anything else. I don't think the FS understood this.

Thank you

Laura

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba

Good luck for everything!! You leave today after work from memory, so I'm sure you will be SUPER busy right now.

Enjoy - I hope it all works out xx

Thinking of you - Lots of Love Sooty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pixel - thank you for the update, so good to hear from you. WOW, where did 9 weeks go? That is so exciting, and I'm relieved and so happy to hear that its all going well for you. It must have really hit home seeing your sister with her new baby boy - finally, your turn will be near soon too, and you're little ones can grow up together.

Yes, just 6 more sleeps to go. I'm getting really excited now and on top of that I am so wired from the Dexmethasone I am taking - its the strangest drug with what it is doing to me! I've turned into super women, wired directly to the power plant - endless energy, insomnia, mood swings like nothing else , and the emotions are building on top of it all! At least I've got 24 hours on the plane to calm down and let it all out !! Mind you, its not something I can really control - I lie awake at night - wide awake, in a daze almost. Very strange - but at least it's not depressing or anything - its more like a permanent party state of mind !! The only thing is the mood's - bit scary (not like me at all) and lucky DH isn't here at the moment, back tomorrow - so he's been missing most of it!!

Anyways - I am SUPER excited and can't wait to finish on Friday, and then let it all hit home when we leave on Tuesday for the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel View Post
    Hi Sooty,
    yes all going well thank you, am at 9 weeks and baby is still growing strong, l still have black crinone cream everyday but the Dr can't see any hematoma or clot so it's just a day at a time.
    My sister gave birth to a little boy on Monday who is very cute, so have been moving around more while helping her in hospital but overall still just taking it very easy.
    I am so excited for you trip - nearly there! Sorry can't help you out with where to stay I last visited CT over 15 years ago, I heard this week it made the list for most "visitable" cities.
    Hi to all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (31-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I ended up booking us in here, its got good reviews & apparently is within walking distance to everything. I noticed Camps Bay accommodation seemed to be more expensive & a lot was booked out already. Its $120 per night & looks lovely. http://www.safarinow.com/go/TreeTopsCampsBay/

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Sooty, I would go Camps Bay - there are shops, but not malls and stuff. Just little boutique style shops and beach style clothing., but it has a lovely vibe to it. A nice little strip with cool Cafe's and restaurants - a little bit "lifestyles of the rich and famous" It will be a nice rest before your flight home.

Fish Hoek Bay is also divine. We went horseriding down there and had a ball. When we return to South Africa to take our Springaroo back to see where he/she came from, we will definitely spend some time down there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To all the girls in Cape Town, for the Nicest November hopefully

BB4, Jodi, Makey - thinking of you lovely ladies & I hope it all goes smoothly & our all of our dreams come true, along with a wonderful holiday at a gorgeous time of the year. Love to you all. xx