Closed Thread
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

ATM
    thanks everyone for thinking of me and always asking after me. I have been resting and haven't had any fresh bleeding since last Saturday but still some black old blood in the crinone so looking forward to that being clear. I have had a few visitors over the last couple of days so more moving around than the start of the week but nothing more than making tea or drive to chemist for more meds.
    Have felt a little anxious since Wednesday like lve had a strong coffee you know a bit sort of shaky and heart racy so not sure what that's about my sister suggested she can feel like that with low blood pressure but of course it makes me more stressed that I have felt stressed and don't want to harm the baby l have been feeling quite zen up til now even with all the goings on. Think probably little bit of too much thinking.
    I remind myself that this is being human there's always ebbs and flows. Just annoying when silly things get to you.

Sooty so glad you got your answers and decisions are made well done - not long now.

Net I stopped the pill but didn't really get any bleeding in the period before my cycle which worried me at the time but seems it hasn't changed anything. Glad everything is falling into place.

RB how fantastic arms and legs was that week 12? That is fantastic
    Jodi great news you treatment cycle has started

Helenweels can't wait to hear your good news on Monday I haven't needed candy crush yet it seems the days are going quickly with movies, Google, TV re runs, a shower, eating, before I know it DH is home! Might need it in the second week.
    Laned hope the pram situation is resolved soon

Makeba so excited for your trip and hope DH gets to go with you, how long will you be there for?

Hi to everyone else and thanks again for asking after me, my next OB appointment is Monday so hopefully good news

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

laned  (18-10-2013),Quinn75  (26-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Makabe - wow not long to go. I look so forward to following your journey. I am so sorry to read of your husband's workplace predicament. How awful for the two of you. Hopefully you can brighten things up with a wonderful BFP. X

Net - I hope you got some answers. The time difference really messed with my head. And yours is even greater. I would say they would be 12 hours behind. As for the pill, I stuffed mine up by forgetting to take one until the afternoon of the day. I was almost hysterical. It was a Sunday and I thought I had stuffed the cycle. My DH rang the FS, who told me if I took it then all would be ok and it was. I hope your cycle is not affected. Xx

Pixel - glad the bleeding is settling. Be sure to get your thyroid checked. Grave's disease can have those symptoms. If there is an issue with your thyroid you must be managed by an Endocrinologist. Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Net - just read your post again. They should tell you when to stop the ocp altogether and then take oestrodial and maybe and ovulation suppressant.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Net - Hope the clinic came back to you? I think you would be fine though. Your period isn't really a normal one on the pill anyway, its a break through bleed. I'm sure they will get you to increase your oestrodial to increase your lining - and they can down regulate you so that there is no chance you ovulate from this point forward (and that's the main thing). I hope they come back to you quickly and put your mind at ease?

Pixel - sorry to hear that you are feeling that way. Definitely check with your doctor, but feelings of heart flutterings can also be because there is an increased amount of blood pumping around your body.

I was 9 1/2 weeks when I had my scan done. Yes, the arms and legs ears nose etc have all already formed by this time. We had our first scan done at 6 weeks and it's amazing at how much has changed since then. Here is a fantastic link to the babies development in weeks 1-9 you can select different weeks as your pregnancy progresses;

http://www.babycenter.com/2_inside-p...-9_10302602.bc

I'm 10 weeks today and finished my progesterone pessaries and oestrodial also. Sickness seems to have subsided a bit, which is great and my energy levels have increased.

Helon - hope everything goes well for your scan on Monday?

Makeba - so sorry to hear about your DH's work. I hope that it all works out well for him. Not long now for you until you leave, while I know you must be anxious about your husband, you must be getting really excited now?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone
    Turns out Barbados is 12 hours behind. The co-ordinator really didn't answer me about the pill but didn't tell me it was a disaster either so I'm going to stop thinking about it. I had actually started it earlier, just to see what the pill was like for me after all these years. Would have loved to have skipped a period but Aunty Flow was very obliging. Didn't seem to be worth stopping if I was going to have a period anyway. I have dates to stop the pill and start estradiol etc. I've decided to use one of the clock apps and take all my meds on Barbados time when that starts. That way I won't have to work out how to deal with the time difference when travelling. It is exactly a 12 hour difference so it will be easy enough to take things at 7.00 in the evening rather than the morning.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I was all ready to garden so it is a gloomy, rainy weekend again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - I didn't even think about the time difference. I started my meds on the date in Australia that they told me to commence. However, I did think about what the equivalent time would be when I was actually in SA (so that I didn't have to wake and take my meds in the night or anything crazy like that).

If it were an issue, I'm sure it would be something that they were warning all of us about. But I don't think 8-12 hours is going to make a difference in the grand scheme of things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't posted for a while but I am doing a fet now and doing the daily hormone blood test blah.

This is my last try with my eggs, I just can't see the point of wasting more money with my eggs and keep having more miscarriages.

Part of me is really scared of using this egg but we want to make sure it's not viable before moving to donor.

Just have to keep telling myself 'just keep swimming'
    Last edited by angelmama74; 19-10-2013 at 18:27.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to angelmama74 For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (20-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi all,

Thank you to all of you who have given me advice on coordinating a cycle with CFC - it's been very helpful. I do have the intital information sheets they send to you when you make a query so have gone over those again to refresh myself with the process.
    Some might call it an omen but when I was waiting to go in for my last ever EPU I was stuck in the hospital office with one magazine which just happened to have a great big article on the joys of travel to Cape Town!
    Anyway - we'll see. BT is Friday - then I'm down to my last ever frostie and aim to go straight into a FET cycle in Nov/Dec. I'm not confident about the thaw though... if that fails.... Cape Town bound in Feb or March I'd say.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck angel mama and emski with your cycles ,
    It's good to know there are options we can turn to if needed and sounds like you've both all set if you need.

I had another visit with the OB today and l'm very pleased that baby is still growing well and with a strong heart beat. He could still see the hematoma but said it was smaller and didn't feel it would impact the placenta or pregnancy. He wants to be on the safe side and knows the effort we have gone to to get this far so wants me to continue to rest relax and not go back to work for another 2 weeks but I suspect he will want to continue this until I make the 12 week milestone. I have accepted this and am willing to do whatever is best for the baby.
    Hope all went well for you Helenweels?
    Any pram yet Laned?
    Hi to everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there everyone...
    well, today we saw our obs and were over the moon to see our little poppy seed with a very healthy (and very loud) heartbeat. It was very reassuring.
    my obs wants to see me very week until 12 weeks due to our history and he doesn't want me going cuckoo on him.
    although exciting, we are in familiar territory here... But we are trying to be cautiously optimistic

one thing he did say to us..... which he thought would have been mentioned by the CFC doctors and staff.. He indicated that he would want to keep an eye on us as we have gone the egg donor route, as we are a higher risk of developing per-eclampsia. It's resonated with me as I know that jodi, you had this happen!

he didn't want to alarm me, but he said it was a real risk as we go along.
    its apparently connected to stress on the body as it deals with foreign 'matter' . Normally the human body has to take on your dh/dp DNA as well as your own - and now it has an added invader - Being the donor egg!
    i found it very interesting and will do some research on it now he's brought it to our attention!

We have known him for many years so I know he isn't trying to scare us... He's just preparing us for the possibility.. Have any of you out there heard of this on our journeys??? I'd be interested to kow.

How is everyone else going ?? I'm a bit scattered tonight as yo can imagine...
    Xxxxxxx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Helonweels For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (21-10-2013)