Closed Thread
Page 74 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had my first obstetricians appointment this afternoon. Had a scan and saw our little bub now with arms and legs clearly visible and a strong beating heart. It felt amazing to see him/her wriggling about.

My OB is going to monitor me closely for the duration of my pregnancy just to ensure all continues to progress well.

Hope everybody else is doing well also.

pixel - hope you are resting up and that the bleeding has stopped?

Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 18-10-2013 at 17:05. Reason: silly auto correct!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies....
    not much to report from my end... Just plodding on until Monday when we visit our obs... We are keeping our fingers crossed...
    This is when we usually start to see things going wrong! We are trying to remain positive... It's all in the lap of the gods really..

I'm behaving myself... Not eating too many lard burgers, no lifting any more than 50kgs and trying to keep to the one bottle of gin per day
    i have to joke otherwise I'd go crazy!

Abundance - so glad that your rh is positive!! At least that is sorted... If you are positive then that's one less thing to worry about. I know it's not any comfort to you now, but it's a factor that no longer needs to be considered. Phew.

pixel - how is the dreaded bed rest going?
    You may as well get into candy crush saga (as most of my friends have been driving me mad to join). I have no idea what it is, but it seems to stop them from doing any bloody work - whatsoever. So I recommend joining and your two weeks will be gone in no time. Either that, or re-runs of Oprah are your best bet.

Jodiw - lunch in the city sounds great. Would love to... See how you go after your trip to Cape Town... Hopefully we can raise a lime and soda in the sunshine, but send me a pm and we can get organised.. I know the shire is a way Down south, but if there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Laned - how did you go with that thieving git?? (Sorry ladies.... I'm a pommie). Have you received your pram yet... Have you had any further update from the police?

Nettie - I'm in awe of you and your courageous journey to Barbados... There's No Way I could even get to the Gold Coast with just carry-on!!!!

seriously... I hope that everything is going to plan and you are soon on your way xxx

Rainbow - how exciting for you to finally see your little poppy seed. You must be jumping out of your skin.. Many, many congratulations xxxx

sooty - how are things going with your CT plans? It seems so long since we were there.. Yet it's only a few weeks ago... How did you go with sorting out the depot injection???

to all the other lurked/newbies/ etc, etc
    hellloooooooo!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helonweels For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-10-2013),Pixel  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Rainbow that is wonderful news. Gosh I can't believe that you can see arms and legs already - it only seems like yesterday that you were in Cape Town.

Helonwheels and your OB appointment is here already too, gosh time flys.

Pixel - have been thinking of you too.

Hi to everyone else hope you are all enjoying the extra daylight hours in the evening if you're lucky enough to have in your State and that everything is progressing nicely for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    H Ladies you are all awesome.

Abundance - that is good news re Rh factor. As Helon stated anti-d must be given in the event of a loss or after a bub is born for those ladies who are rhesus negative.

Net - OMG not long to go now! How bloody exciting Beautiful weather, no need for much.

Helon - thanks for the good laugh. Git, I love it. Looking forward to reading your positive news on Monday. I know it is so hard to try and not to compare past heartaches, but try and take some solace that this is a new pregnancy and a new experience. Mmmm, would have been great if I had of practiced what I preach. Xx

January - thank you for still keeping in touch and for updating the log. I hope you do what's best for you. Xx

Jodie - hope your little man's doing better.

Pram update - no deliveries to date and I am of the view none are likely. I have to wait another couple of days for 'benefit of the doubt' pursuant to AFP advice. I will be instructing them to press charges if the pram has not arrived tomorrow afternoon. The silly twit after stating to me that she was nowhere near the stated place where she had her 1 year old's birthday party, then went and posted photos with a statement thanking the facility, which she named. Dohhhhhhh!!
    Last edited by laned; 17-10-2013 at 07:14.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    PS Sooty - unfortunately no extended daylight time here. Apparently the extra sunlight confused the cows and faded the curtains . I know seriously!!! Go figure!!!

likewise hope things are going well. Any update re Humira?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I know, we moved down to Melb 3 years ago from Brisbane - and so disappointing QLD doesn't have it.

I had my apt with Dr Logitas today and I really liked him. I believe he is the only doctor or 1 of few, that does intralipids in Melbourne, (heard that on this forum) which is the main reason I went to him, to get on his books, should I require it when I come back from SA. (Thinking BFP's here ! )

He was very down to earth and acknowledged not many FS's treat NKC and the controversy surrounding it. He agreed with Dr Matthias that I have high NKC's and would treat the same, but probably wouldn't go as far as prescribing Humira, mainly due to his success rates with steroids, intralipids, clexane and the fact it cost so much. (I have decided to take it anyway & asked him about risk at the lower dose of 2 x 20mg, he said it's fine). Intralipids, he treats: 1 week prior to transfer, on BFP result, 6 weeks & 13 weeks).

Hope that helps anyone thinking of seeing a NKC like minded FS in Melbourne

Hi to everyone else, hope you are all well and happy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

laned  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Sootymay that's great your appointment with Dr Logitas went well. I've heard lots of good things about him, at least he tries different protocols.

Helenweels keep trying to stay calm and positive... As my sister keeps saying keep an eye on your prize.

Pixel hope you are resting up and looking after yourself.

laned god luck with that so and so..... Why are people so nasty?

as for me we have 13 days until we leave... Yikes. Although DH might not make the journey as his work are retrenching loads of staff and doesn't seem appropriate to take time off now. In two minds as he could stay and still get retrenched I don't mind going alone but DH is freaking out now.

Hi to everyone.

Makey x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Makeba For This Useful Post:

laned  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makey - Oh no, that's terrible, what a shame. I hope it works out for you, talk about bad timing. Hope it works out ok for you, I think you leave the day of my birthday!! You must be getting super excited now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Makeba, you are so very close! What a shame about your DH's work. One the one hand it seems a bit dangerous to apparently not value your job. On the other, if they've got rid of others, and taking into account the others that will be looking around in worry, they may want to hang on to the few they have left.

Rainbow, how exciting to see your bub!

Laned, thinking of you and hoping the situation gets sorted soon. These nasty people are energy sappers.

Pixel and Helen I hope you are both relaxing as much as possible.

Sooty, the best of luck with Dr Logitas. It is nice to feel that you are being cared for by the best.

AFM: The Barbados clinic asked if I stopped the pill at the end of the sheet for a bleed. I had forgotten I was supposed to do that. I'm on a low dose progesterone only pill with no sugar pills and got a bleed towards the end of the sheet anyway so just kept going. I'm hoping that is going to be OK and that I haven't stuffed the whole of my cycle. There's a 12 hour time difference and I'm not sure whether I'm ahead or behind and whether the clinic will answer today. Any advice from those more knowledgeable here would be welcome!

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by Net3811; 18-10-2013 at 16:23.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

laned  (18-10-2013),sootymay  (18-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - I'm not sure sorry. Hopefully someone can reply quickly for you.

Abundance - how are things going with you? All sorted for Decembers trip?

Pixel - I've been thinking of you heaps, tucked up in bed, or on top of the bed in this glorious weather. Hope you are ok.

Hi to everyone else. Have a great w/end.