Closed Thread
Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oops...finished too early.

Trying not to get too excited by the numbers, as we all know anything can happen in this game.

caught up with DJ and Anait and we spent a cold but lovely day at Robben Island and it just happened to be Mandelas birthday too.

So Im back at clinic on Monday, then infusion on wednesday and transfer either friday or saturday.

Hi to all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

DJSHEARS  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would someone be so kind as to update the roll call to include DJ, Anait and myself in the 'in south africa' section. Thanks.

also, a BIG good luck for rystal and january about to test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Sootymay
    Net3811 (Barbados)

DONOR SELECTED

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    Chrisseytree (Cape Town - ET ? Aug)
    Wishmeluck (Cape Town - ET 14 Aug)
    Rainbowchaser (Cape Town - 15 Aug)
    Happyheart1 (Cape Town - 17 Aug)
    Pixel (Bangkok - ET 10 Sep)
    JodiW (Cape Town - ET ? Sep)
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET ? Nov)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Sh72 (Cape Town - ET 29 July)

IN SOUTH AFRICA FOR PROCEDURES
    Anait (Cape Town - ET 22 July)
    Sunny15 (Cape Town - ET 26 July)
    DJShears (Cape Town - ET 24 July)

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP

Jennilee67 (July 2x5D)
    Crystal4431 (July 2X5D)
    January (July 2x3D)

BFP
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D)
    BB4Me (2x5D - Singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D -Singleton)
    Missleo (twins)
    Nicole72 (twins)
    SVD (twins)

GRADUATES
    Laned (boy)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)

SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS
    BFP = 8 (3 sets of twins)
    BFN = 6 (5 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Unkown results = 5

Last edited by January; 19-07-2013 at 21:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Results are in - BFP!

14dpo HCG = 188
    16dpo HCG = 374

Of course I am two points shy of the number doubling so that mean doubting voice in my head keeps piping up.... but the logical me is ok with it! Clinic says I am pregnant!

I have another blood test on Tuesday to check progress.

Cautiously happy. All those previous negatives really knock you around and it is hard to believe that I can have my happy ending. My bestie keeps telling me to just believe and I am working hard on positive thinking!!!

Crystal and January - I have everything crossed for you both!! I echo others caution with the HPTs. I took one morning of first blood test and got the FAINTEST positive. Of course sent me into a tailspin that I was going to get a really low number and the worry of a chemical! Then got a good number of 188. Makes me doubt the accuracy especially as I did two tests with two different brands.

Rainbow - we saw whales! Southern Right Whales (hope I have spelt that correctly) the day we did our tour down to Cape Point. Sitting there having lunch enjoying the amazing view and along comes a whale!! Saw two more on the drive back.

Good luck to those currently in CT!

Hello to everyone else!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Anait  (20-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    a huge congratulations BJ

do u mind if i ask who u did ur cape point tour with or did u drive yourselves around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening ladies,
    BJ04 -Awesome news BJ - I will promote you on the roll call We did the drive to Chapman's Peak from Camps Bay late one beautiful afternoon and also were lucky enough to see a whale playing in the sinking sunlight. I wished we had thought to pack a picnic it was magical. Thank you for your kind wishes, as you know I am really not holding out a lot of hope due to my disappointing cycle results but it's not over till it's over Your mum must be over the moon for you

Sunny15 - Great numbers Sunny If you have a hire car it is an amazing easy drive to do Cape Point - well worth it

Rainbowchaser
    - Just got back from the shops and bought a couple of Digital tests - thanks for the tip. Don't stress that you have not booked any accommodation yet, there are plenty of options. As it is Winter you should not have issues getting accommodation that suits you.

We stayed at The Westin initially, we booked an executive club room which was large with club access. The hotel had a gym and an infinity pool and spa on the top floor. A complimentary bus ran every 30 mins to the V&A waterfront. Full breakfast included and cocktails and canapes in the club from 5 -7 every night.

In Francshhoek we stayed at Francshhoek Guest House and Villas which has lovely grounds, breakfast included and courtesy bus into town.

I wanted to be near the clinic for transfer so I booked a Mountain View Suite at the Vineyard Resort & Spa which was really lovely just not much close by. I did however love lying on a sun lounge in our own private courtyard looking directly at Table Mountain over the beautiful resort garden. There is also a fully equipped gym.

I think most deals include breakfast which is great as you generally don't need lunch.

I am glad we moved around as we got to experience different parts of Cape Town and I would definitely do that again. I decided before we left that I was not cooking so did not need a kitchen. The food is so amazing and cheap it would be a shame not to lap it up at every opportunity. We ate in top class restaurants every night and were always amazed at how cheap it was. We both developed impressive "muffin tops" in less than 2 weeks

The best hot chocolate I have ever had in my entire life was at the cafe on top of Table Mountain

If we have to go back we will probably stay around Clifton/Camps Bay area most of the time. These suburbs are on the beach and it seemed really safe. Lots of parkland along the coast - great for jogging or walking.

I found all my accommodation on TripAdviser and booked through Bookings.com.

All the best with your planning

Team July - Awesome that you got to visit Robben Island on Mandela's Birthday. I was there a couple of years ago and found it fascinating. Have my fingers crossed for you all sounds like everything is going really well

Crystal - Sending you lots of

Have a wonderful weekend everybody
    Last edited by January; 19-07-2013 at 22:00.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Anait  (20-07-2013),BJ04  (19-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sunny

We went with Luhambo Tours. They were excellent. Great vehicles and the guides (we also did a one day wine district tour with them) were very knowledgable. They were happy to answer any questions on any subject and I felt I learnt a lot about the culture, politics etc from them. Not sure how they compare to others cost wise. I booked them based on great reviews on Trip Advisor. Hope you are having a fab time in CT!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations BJ that is fantastic news - so happy for you and I can only imagine how much it is a shock to actually get a positive result after so many "try's"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bj04.... So happy for you...biggest congrats on her great news! Xx

Rainbow....I am staying at the Cape Town Lodge. Warm, convenient and fantastic value! It was cheaper to book through Agoda and it works out about $51/night. Great service and I had only booked for one week and ended up booking for the second. So close to things we wanted to do!

January and Crystal...thinking of you this weekend. Hoping for some magical news.

AFM....Had EPU today and our donor had 16 eggs, one was immature but 15 were fine for ICSI. Will have our fertilisation results tomorrow so hoping for some great news...

Loving Cape Town and having a great time with Anait, Sunny and her DP.

Donna x

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ04 - Fantastic news, so happy for you

Rainbow the rooms at Cape Heritage are really warm I have only had the aircon on for a few hours a couple of nights, also it is 9.30pm on Friday night and I can't hear much at all except the occasional car going past (my room is opposite a car park) and a bit of music way in the background, it might be a bit different in summer when windows are open etc. One of the restaurants downstairs has live music over the weekend you could always ask to be away from this. Also I saw a whale today... on my tour to Cape Point.

Sunny I did my tour with African Eagle and really enjoyed it.

AFM... waiting for the next update tomorrow, looks like transfer on Monday

Happy weekend everyone xxx