Closed Thread
Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I am way behind in reading the updates. Jodi, sorry to hear it hasn't worked this time, congrats SVD on the twin boys. Pixel, I'll have to read thru the updates a bit further before I know what to say.
    AFM FET is scheduled for the 11th Nov, have bought the plane tickets and surprisingly I have been able to get all flights cheaper than our last trip in June. Still have some Rand leftover from last time which will come in handy when we get there. We leave on the 7th and are there for 7 days after transfer. If anyone wants to catchup over there, send me a PM. Also suggestions/recommendations for hotels/B&Bs appreciated as last time we used appartments, this time I want to move around a bit more as I won't need to go to the clinic every couple of days. Have checked with the Cape Heritage and they have responded that they are fully booked.
    Got the test results back from the miscarraige and it was because of a chromosomal abnormallity. DH checks out OK however CFC don't test the donors but our donor has agreed to do the blood test (we have to pay). Obst thinks it was a spontaneous occurance so keeping fingers crossed the other embryoes are going to be OK.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Pixel - oh Hun you must have been beside yourself. Bed rest is the best thing. Be sure to do exactly that. Try and take heart in that A number of us have had bleeds and have gone on to have beautiful bubbas. Another woman I know who had DE had a bleed too. She was advised that bleeding is more common with IVF, why I have no idea. Interestingly she also gave specific common bleeding weeks, which incredibly matched mine. I had a small bleed at 6 weeks and a huge one at 17.5. I was prescribed bed rest, Valium (to relax the uterus) and Cylcocapron (to inhibit micro vascular bleeding). May be worth asking your FS. I know it is hard re work, I had only started a new job, but as above, you have worked too damn hard for this, put yourself and bubba first. Xx

Helon - Whoohoooo excellent numbers congratulations.

Abundance - so please for you Hun. Those numbers boom. Xx

RB and Crystal - thank you for your lovely kind words. Thank goodness, my friends husband's test came back as demonstrating immunity and not having the disease. Crystal, OMG I couldn't believe it when I read your post. I would have been absolutely beside myself. I now feel like bunkering at home until the end of the month when he has his next vax. I think everyone should be aware of poor little Dana MacCaffrey's story. Can you believe her poor mother received horrible mail from anti-vaccination people before Dana was even buried!!! Xx

Pea - welcome. Yes it can feel a bit strange 'shopping' for a donor, like you are choosing the best fruit at the supermarket. Unfortunately and fortunately (that we have the beauty of choice) it is one of the realities of the ED route. The other thing another ED recipient once told me in preparation, is that it is akin to a business transaction. I cannot speak for CFC, but certainly Medfem made it feel very much like a business dealing. Wishing you the very best for your ED journey. Xx

Emski and BB4me - welcome back and wishing you both the very best of luck and loads of baby dust.

Sunny - so lovely to read your beautiful news and great re the nucal scan and bloods. I am so very pleased for you Hun. Well done. Xx

January - I really feel for you. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have to deal with the disappointment of a failed ED cycle. I only have the multiple IVF disappointments to compare. I hope that you can one day (in the near future) find the strength to trust your body to have another go. Much love to you. Xx

Jodie - thinking of you and hoping you are being kind to yourself. So glad you are planning on a nearby return. Xx
    Last edited by laned; 09-10-2013 at 01:03.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

emski72  (09-10-2013),Rainbowchaser  (09-10-2013),Sunny15  (09-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski
    My whole process from start to finish was 8/9 weeks.
    We already had house/pet sitters organised for a pre-planned holiday! I run my own business so it was hard to re-organise clients etc, so I just emailed my concerns to CFC and said that we had a set timeframe to work with (give or take a day or so) - and they completely fitted in with us. I was really grateful. They wont compromise on specifics, but they will try their best to meet your needs.
    Up until 4 weeks before I still had really high prolactin levels, so it was touch and go there for a while as to whether we could still go ahead, but they guided us through the drug protocols and reassured me at every step.
    I would make contact with them in the first instance and tell them when you are planning to go.
    Hope this helps
    cheers
    Helonweels xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sootymay
    Who is your Dr again - I take it he is at CFC? Dr Le Roux gave me a letter (I didn't even have to ask).. As you say, the luck of the draw. I had a letter from my GP here (for things that he had prescribed) and also from DLR for the gestone. I offered these up to everyone at check in/customs/gate staff etc.. no one was interested!!
    I would push for it.. even if you probably wont get to show it to anyone. Sods law that if you don't have it, they will ask for it!
    I took my depot injection off to my GP, who did it for me - he'd written the script so was keen to see what it looked like in the flesh!. For a $500 injection, there was no way that I wasn't getting it done properly.
    It cost me a consultation fee, but for the peace of mind it was worth it.
    Hope this helps you a little.

Abundance - Huge fist pumps for you.. Congratulations on your BFP.

Its mind blowing but nerve wracking at the same time isn't it... ?

I just had my 4th blood test to just see if I am keeping on track. If this one is still climbing, then I will book an apt with my Obs for a scan in the next week.
    I still cant believe that its happening again. Im keeping everything crossed.
    We'll be on the same timeline at this rate..

Pea - Welcome to the madhouse! I hope that you find lots of helpful information on here. Im a newby too and only just put my hat in the ring.. I cant shut up now!! (ladies, you were warned)! Its been so useful, and warming, and comforting to know you are not alone and the road here is well travelled.

January - thinking of you xxx

Jodi - Hope you are being kind to yourself and looking ahead to your next step.
    The weather should be much nicer when you head back than when we were there last month... with sunshine, the day is bright and full of hope xx

Bubba dust to you all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks heaps Helonwheels - I really appreciate it. Yes, I kind of thought that too, bet your bottom dollar, if I don't have it, it may be an issue. I'll see if my GP is interested from this end for letters and to do my big expensive jab! Hence why I don't even attempt them myself... so scared I will flinch away and waste the medication - DH always does them. Funny too, as once I had to get a friend to do it, that's been through years of IVF, and I thought she would be better at it than DH, but it really hurt - she was like grab the skin, bang the needle in, done - ouchy !!

Thank you for the mention re CFC's letters - yes I have a letter from Dr Heylen (CFC) already, but that's for coming back not going over

OMG - I cant believe that you are nearly ready to book into a OB - amazing once you're on that road, how quickly all the serious stuff happens - how super exciting

I so had to laugh at your comment about "Welcome to the Madhouse" - Cute !

Pixel - hope everything is ok with you today?
    Last edited by sootymay; 09-10-2013 at 11:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - my FS gave me a letter outlining all the meds I was traveling with and that I needed to keep them on my person. I had to travel with the Lucrin - AND keep the bloody thing cold.

As for the meds you will need on your return trip - the CFC will sort you out with all of that the day you go into pick up your wonderful Gestone Injections

Laned - I'm really glad to hear that your friends husband has immunity to whooping cough. I completely understand your pain and frustration with how you were feeling about that situation. I would imagine that your friend knows the lengths you went through to have your little man? Some people are just so totally in their own bubble aren't they?

Early November looks like it's going to be PARTY TIME in Cape Town with about three of you over there at the same time? May all of you come home carrying some additional internal luggage

Pixel - I really hope today was a better day for you?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (10-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooty - Bypass Deb and go straight to FS...its such a basic request, I cant understand Deb's attitude. Cyndi from CFC prepared a spreadsheet for me with all my medications and the date that I was to take them. I was going to my GP anyway so I just took that and Cyndi's email to my GP and she wrote a letter that basically said that I would be travelling on such and such dates and I would be carrying the attached medications and attached the spreadsheet. I didnt even try Cyndi/Dr Wiswedel for a letter, but I do know that others have received letters from them. Try your GP...you might be surprised.

Helonweels - How did the 4th blood test go? When are you able to have your first scan?

Emski - I agree with Helonweels....CFC do their best to fit in around you. Hey, great number of eggs today...I have a feeling you wont need South Africa/CFC!!!

Laned - Re: your bleeds at 6 weeks and 17.5 weeks...thank you for sharing. Good to see that WDA had you on complete relaxation! Mine was at 6 weeks too and OB said it was a subchorionic bleed due to the clexane and given that Im most likely on clexane post birth, she has no guarantee that it wont happen again. Damn, a bleed at 17.5 weeks must have scared the hell out of you. What is happening for you at the moment?

BB4Me - How are you precious girl....not long for you now. I know we email often, but I really hope you get to catch up with other IVFers over there. Re: accomm...Missleo gave me www.stayincapetown.com.za to search accomm....Koos is fabulous and nothing is too much for him.

Pixel - How did your scan go today?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bubble still beating

Well scan was all good the bubble was still there with its little beating heart and the yoke sack still full - relief

I still had black/brown crinone leftovers this morning in the bath so I'm really hoping this goes after all this rest.

Im feeling good mentally physically I still get a ache feeling in the uterus which the FS put down to the progesterone.

Thanks everyone for asking about me and sorry for the slow update.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

JodiW  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I've been missing in action for a while .... I have been really exhausted coming to the end of the pregnancy!

im happy to announce I have given birth to our twin girls - Ella & Charli both girls are doing great ! Ella was on the small side when born 2.1 kilos and Charli was 2.4 kilos which meant a short stay in special care - no tubes or breathing equipment was required they just wanted to watch their weight !

Hubby and I are over the moon - and pinch ourselves often sorry for no personals will spend time next time reading through current events

cheers Nicole

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww - Congratulations Nicole... wonderful news to wake up this terrific Thursday morning. 2 precious little baby girls, so happy for you and DH and that they are healthy and doing well and also looking at your dates from Feb in SA, you've gone full term with twins as well?!

Pixel - a relief to hear your wee bubba-roo is still going strong.

BB4ME - I've sent a PM outlining where we are staying & one of the places is via Koo's as well. A couple of other ladies from here have stayed there. It looks central and has fab. views - always good for the spirit - and very economical too which is of course a bonus... can spend on other things !!

Helonwheels, Rainbow, Sunny - thx for the suggestions. I'll phone my GP today and start with her and see how she feels. Failing that, I'll try the other 2 GP's that I sometimes see when I can't get into her.

I'm now on the hunt for the Humira injection that Dr Matthias has prescribed. 2 x 20mg inj, 1 week prior & 1 week post transfer. Price so far $1736. Macquarie Street Pharmacy in Sydney recommended shopping around for it as it's not claimable and I may be able to find a slightly better price by phoning around. (They can't send it as it's a refrigerated item).

Rainbow - is your appointment with your OB this week/today?

Hi to everyone else.
    Last edited by sootymay; 10-10-2013 at 05:56.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (11-10-2013),Sunny15  (10-10-2013)