Closed Thread
Page 68 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi helenweels,
    thanks for the referral but I'm in Melbourne.
    congratulations for your numbers that's amazing, how can he not be relaxed with that number!
    well scary night for me as at around 10.30pm I felt some sharp pains and then put my crinone in and there was red blood!!!!! The cramping pain lasted about and hour and haven't slept well in fear. The bleeding seems to be only a small amount in total with no clots but I'm not sure what to do. So lll call my FS this morning and my intended Ob and see what they suggest. I'm working 7.30-3.00 but don't know if I should cancel and just stay in bed this sounds like the logical thing but always have that guilt to cancel work as I'm a uni teacher and don't like to mess with student classes.
    Cant believe this after seeing the heartbeat.
    Hoping and praying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - don't go to work darl. You've worked too hard for this. Stay in bed and call your FS. It could be a combination of the crinone and the internal ultrasound, but don't chance it. Call your FS and get them to check you out so you can put your mind at ease. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks RB, yes decided staying in bed was the best idea as I would only be stressed all day in fear of bleeding and like you've say it's too much to risk. Have called FS and OB both were reassuring and advised to stay in bed and they will talk to dr if they suggest anything else. I have heard of people saying you can have a bleed when you period would have come but if that was the case I would have thought that would be at 8 weeks.
    The OB just called and has advised bed rest until no sign of cramping or bleeding and if possible the next week. Which I'm happy to comply with but just feel the work guilt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi girls... I'm still lurking! Getting closer to a possible ED cycle in SA though - just trying to get my vague plans together should our last OE cycle not work (which I'm doing now).
    Can you advise how much lead time is needed for doing a DE cycle with CFC?
    If this cycle is a bust for us could I contact them and nominate a month I want to cycle with them and then find a suitable donor a couple of months before that date?

Thanks for any advice/info.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Pixel - oh gosh, I just read your good news, and then your other post about your bleed. I'm so glad you have decided to stay home in bed and totally get that awful feeling of guilt with work. It's so unfair, feeling that way on top of something that is the priority and cost a fortune to achieve... but you've done the right thing. Sounds like you are onto a good OB as well, which must be reassuring.

Helonwheels - thank you so much for your offer of help. I think I'm all good for now.. .maybe if you don't mind PM'ing me the cabbie list as well. I have a contact from Rainbow as well, but would be good to have a back up driver too

Abundance - good luck today... it seems like an eternity, so can imagine how you are feeling.

Peasoup - Welcome !! Exciting stuff. I felt quite uncomfortable when I first started viewing donor profiles... it was a little unsettling to be honest - like looking at a catalogue - yes!... I think the whole process is one of those things where you go end up going with the flow & getting swept up in it, there's so much to organise and before you know it, it just seems a natural process.

Sunny - Congratulations, another hurdle overcome, it must be such a relief, to move past these milestones of pregnancy dates, tests & trimesters.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, its a BFP I still can't quite believe it. HCG was 45 so a retest on Thursday so we are hoping it doubles. I'm not sure if 45 is good but apparently I'm pregnant. I can't believe I'm saying it out loud. We cheated and did a home pregnancy test on the weekend which was positive. In fact we did 3 tests to be sure!, but it still didn't seem real to me till today. I know its a long road but we are celebrating and hopeful that this time our baby will become a reality. Thank you all so much for your support. I know its a long road yet but it seems much easier having you ladies to hold my hand.

Pixel, I'm so sorry you are going through this. You have worked so hard for this so try to forget about work and look after yourself and the baby right now.

Sootymay, thank you for being my cheerleader. I hope your time comes around soon. My first cycle with DR M and we have a result after 15 years of IVF and previous donors. He is the man!

Helenweels, I hope you're growing well. I too am self employed so have already started planning to keep my business going and allow me to pull back a little.

Miss Leo, thank you to you for supporting me thought the last cycle and for everything. I'm so happy your babies have arrived safely and I hope they are doing well and come home soon.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - congrats on your BFP

Pixel - glad to hear you stayed in bed. I think this is an instance where you need to put yourself ahead of your work. I'm sure if your work knew what you went through to achieve this pregnancy, they would understand completely that the most important thing right now is rest for you (not that you can tell them obviously, but you MUST put it into perspective after everything you've been through).

Emski - the CFC usually can get things happening for you in about 3 months. The first and MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to do is select your donor agency and donor. If I had my time over again, I would have researched this so much more thoroughly than I did.

For some people the most important thing is that the donor has the same features as they do... this can take time, so can finding out from the CFC if the donors previous donations have resulted in ongoing pregnancies (if that's important to you).

Good luck with your current cycle. I would keep your head in that game right now and just know that you have the ED route well and truly up your sleeve if and when you need it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Abundance that is fantastic news I am so happy for you both - it's an amazing surreal feeling. Oh my smile is so big for you right now, made my day - yay!

I've been resting all day and have taken care of work so will continue to rest for the next week. My FS wants to see me again tomorrow and will probably scan again so fingers crossed all is well. No more bleeding or cramping but still have a kind of aching sensation. Hopefully all this was just a reminder to take it easy.
    Thanks for the well wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    January - Hun, take your time....when the fog starts to lift, it will all start to fall into place for you.

Pixel
    - You did the right thing by putting your feet up. A bleed does not mean that all is over. I had a bleed at 6 weeks but all was fine...I managed to get into an OB at 7 weeks and she gave me a scan and bubs heartbeat was still pumping away strongly....it was a subchorionic bleed due to the clexane. I know 4 women currently pregnant through IVF (donor and own eggs) and all have had bleeds due to varying reasons, but baby it okay. Of course, it could also be the Crinone....I have heard this a lot too. Oh...a big congrats on seeing bubs heartbeat for the first time .

Helonweels - Congrats on those HCG numbers....all is going in the right direction. Nice to see that your GP is being cautious...my GP was exactly the same.

Emski - I sent an email to CFC through their generic email on their website and I was extremely lucky to have Dr Klaus Wiswedel answer me back within 1/2 hour...followed by Dr Paul Le Roux a short time later. I was glad that Dr Wiswedel answered first as both DP and I wanted him as our FS....google Cape Fertility Clinic and read up on the docs. Cyndi, his IVF coordinator is a gem too. But if truth be known, I think most of them there get a good rap. He emailed me all the documentation straight away, including suggestions of donor agencies. I made contact with 3 donor agencies and perused the profiles over Christmas and into January. Take your time over the profiles on any of the donor agencies and pick one that suits what you are looking for and when the donors are available. I think Dr Wiswedel told me that once a donor is selected and a contract signed, you could be pregnant 1 1/2 to 2 months later (better check that)....basically you select a date that you want to cycle and CFC fit it all in around that date....remember to give yourself time to explore different medications/procedures with the FS/IVF Coord and also time to get any medical tests (they have to be current - within 12 months). BUT hopefully you wont need this, as your EPU tomorrow is going to go well (read your post on the other thread) and with a better result at the end of the 2WW. PM me anytime if you would like some more info....I can also email you the docs that I have. Its a good idea to have your head in the current game....but if you are anything like me, I need plan A, B, C......Z!!!!!

Rainbow and Sooty -
    AND FINALLY....HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO ABUNDANCE

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

emski72  (08-10-2013),sootymay  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Super news Abundance... I'm so happy and relieved for you...what a long wait it has been !! Fantastic news....Whoopee, especially after your trip this time. CONGRATULATIONS your pregnant, pregnant, pregnant !!

Helonwheels - Congrat's for you too!! This is so exciting to read everyone's good news. There's so many of you/us now - yay