Closed Thread
Page 67 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned- I'm really sorry to hear that your friend put you in that position. I was also terrified of my daughter contracting those sorts of things before she was at the age where she could be immunised. I pray that your friends husbands tests come back negative and that you can put your mind at ease for a while. xx

Pixel - I'm doing really well thanks. While I wouldn't say that I'm looking pregnant (more like i've been eating too many pies) I am at the point where I can't do up any of my jeans or pants Ive started using my belly belt, just of the first button so I can be comfortable and sit down without feeling like my jeans are going to cut me in half. I used the Belly Belt all through my pregnancy with my daughter and it saved me a fortune, I only bought two pieces of maternity clothing for the whole pregnancy. It was the best pregnancy tip I was ever given. Re your experience with the Crinone - it is quite common for it to cause irritation and bleeding/spotting. When I got to the point where I could alternate between my POI and crinone/pessaries, I had about 6 tubes of crinone that I wanted to use up from my previous cycles. This is when I had a pink/salmon type discharge and when I had the spotting in my first couple of weeks. Once I changed to the Pessaries - this went away. So if it continues, maybe ask your FS about being able to switch over to the pessaries if you are concerned about it. I had my last progesterone injection last Friday. I can't believe how my butt got used to them. Not even a bruise to be seen when my husband gave me the last one - it was quite amazing.

I have my first appointment with my OB next week... its all starting to feel a bit real now. Although, there are times where I forget I am pregnant (mainly in the mornings) as my "morning" sickness only surfaces in the afternoon. Good luck for your scan this week, I hope you are far enough along to see the heartbeat. Would your FS consider allow you coming in towards the end of this week, as that way you would probably be more likely to see it - which will most definitely put your mind at ease. If it's too soon, they only have to re-schedule a scan for the following week, which might put you through allot of unnecessary stress? I can imagine regardless you are keen to see what's going on in there?

Abundance - thinking of you for tomorrow for your BFP!

Net - I'm so sorry to hear about all your issues with the washing machine still flooding your unit. That's really unfair that your carpets are being ruined because of your neighbours negligence. Glad to hear that you got all your meds though - hopefully its all smooth sailing for you from here on. I've flown with Cathay Pacific and they are great, so don't worry about that.

Jodi - exciting that you are heading back in November. Are you using the same donor or have you chosen a different donor? I can imagine how much you will miss your DH & DS, I miss my daughter when she goes for a sleepover, my life feels a bit weird/wrong when she's not around. I can't believe Qantas downgraded you. I'm not quite sure how that can happen. We flew business class with Qantas when we went to SA and they were absolutely sensational. I know that everybody has not had the same experience with them though. If you haven't already done so, make sure that you post your issue on their Facebook page. I had a friend who did this over an issue she had with a flight to Melbourne and they came straight back to her and provided her with a free return Sydney/Melbourne flight to compensate. Unfortunately in this day and age, it really is a case of "the squeaky wheel gets the most oil".

To anybody I have missed

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

laned  (09-10-2013),Pixel  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    I am de-lurking

A big thank-you to everyone on this forum. The support and information from all of you is fantastic!

May I be added to the tracking list? My DH and I have decided to obtain an ED from SA with CFC. We have selected our donor, signed contracts and are waiting for the treatment plan from Heidi (Dr Heylen). The plan is to transfer during the first week of Dec.

Can I say it felt really weird to pick a donor? Like reading through a menu... and I was so fussy! "Hmm, yes she has my colouring but she's 25cm shorter than me, so no...."
    Had to be at least my height and bmi, certain eye colour, certain hair colour... all those wonderful women agreeing to be a donor and I was fussing about eye colour!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PeaSoup For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies Just popping in to see how everyone is doing

Pixel, Good luck at your scan but its going to be fine can't wait to hear how it goes

Rainbow, your sound like your doing wonderful!!

Laned, uuugghhh why why why are people not more careful when they know they have been in some sort of contact of diseases like this? My DD had whooping cough and she was in hospital for a week when she was a baby, she was in an oxygen tent. I then thought bad luck once but nope my DS caught it when he was a baby as well. Very frustrating when its a preventable disease that shouldn't even be going around Hope your little guy steers well away from it

Net, your getting closer to your time and wow it must be so frustrating having a neighbour like that.

January, hope your well

Jodi, so sorry it didn't work out but roll on November this will be the one
    Good luck tomorrow Abundance

Hope everyone is well!!

We've got some dates set, depot injection is on December 17th, retrieval is set for 23rd January and transfer is set for Jan 28th. Dates can change a bit but this is what the clinic has booked us for

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

laned  (09-10-2013),Pixel  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies...haven't been on for a while...the tiredness finally caught up with me, but Im not complaining as I have completely dodged morning sickness!

Looks like I have a lot to catch up on....a bit of reading for me this afternoon!

AFM
    We got to see our baby for the first time last Tuesday...I am still in awe. I cannot believe how much development goes on between a blob at 7 weeks and a baby at 12 weeks...I have waited almost 28 years to see my baby...a very emotional experience.

NT scan came back as low risk for Down's...1:19631. OB genuinely happy and relieved that she didn't have to give us bad news.

Since Tuesday, I think it is starting to finally sink in....Im going to be a mum!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (08-10-2013),Pixel  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A big congrats to Missleo on the birth of your babies Lucas and Asha.

Welcome to the newbies...you will love this thread, but I guess you already know.

Congrats to the new BFPs and good luck to those with upcoming tests.

I also note there are a number of upcoming trips...good luck.

After a couple of hours reading posts and catching up, must go eat... to all.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Missleo  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Angelmama74 ?
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ? Nov/Dec)

Crystal4431 (Zlin - ET 28 Jan)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)
    PeaSoup (Cape Town - ET ? Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    JodiW (Cape Town - FET 11 Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET 5 Nov)
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Abundance1 (2x5D)

BFP
    Helonweels (2x5D)
    Pixel (2x4D - singleton)

Rainbowchaser (2x3D Frozen) EDD 19/5/14
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16/4/14
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)
    Nicole72 (twins)

GRADUATES
    Missleo (boy & girl - 28/9/13)
    SVD (twin boys - 6/9/13)
    Laned (boy - 24/4/13)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS

BFP = 16 (15 fresh & 1 frozen/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 10 (9 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1
    Unkown Results = 7

Last edited by January; 07-10-2013 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

A big welcome to the newbies and huge congratulations to all the BFP lately.

I am still lurking and updating the roll call from time to time. At the moment just enjoying life and not planning another cycle just yet. Still recovering from the disappointment

If I was 5 - 10 years younger I would not hesitate. I think that is the thing that is holding me back most of all, even though I am fit and healthy. Have promised DH that we would make the final decision before Xmas

Love and baby baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews

Default There's a heart beat!

Great news, I had the 6 week scan this morning and my little one was there beating away, I thought I would cry but I was just in awe and shocked, just couldn't believe it was in me. Also having the probe in my personals meant it felt a bit awkward to let a full belly cry go.

But huge smiles, unfortunately DH wasn't there so he will have to wait for the OB scan.
    Now I have everyone recommending OB and of course everyone's "guy" is amazing so don't really know who to go with but nothing a bit of googling won't narrow done.
    Dr wasn't worried about the black crinone and tummy aches so relief there but thanks RB I will switch to pessaries if it becomes an issue.

Not long now Abundance sending you lots of love for the last few hours of your 2ww, I hope your feeling good and had a lovely weekend

Welcome Peasoup, thanks for joining us and yes the donor selection process is a tricky one with so many factors to consider. What agency did you go with?

Yay Crystal some dates in place hope your feeling good and getting excited.
    So happy for you Sunny the 12 week milestone! Your going to be a mum

January I know how you feel it took me awhile to recover from joburg cycle. And you should take all the time you need. It's a terrifying feeling when a donor cycle doesn't work as it feels like the failed IVF cycles times 100. Thinking of you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (08-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pixel... Many congrats on your 6 weeks scan... Here's hoping we get there soon.
    we had a 3rd blood test on Friday and it came back at 9140!!! Which is great.
    my gp wants to do one more on weds morning and then he will start to relax.....
    HE will relax!
    Which city are you in?? I can recommend a couple of great obs in the north of Sydney if you are keen?? They both work out of the SAN. If you are elsewhere then I can't help you much on that score.
    sootymay- how is your trip planning going?? Any help I can offer please let me know.
    hope everyone else is doing well and the current Cape Town ladies are enjoying the city as much as they can xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance- sorry. Wanted you to know I was thinking of you in the dreaded 2ww