Closed Thread
Page 66 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jodi
    I have sent you a PM with the details of the cabbies.
    cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance - hope you are feeling well and that your week went quicker than expected. Only a few more days to your big result.

AFM: Had a follow up ph consult with Dr M yesterday, re NK Cell treatment plan.....

He wants me to take Dexmethasone x 3 per day. Vitamins: Caltrate Plus x 2 day, Vit E 1,000mg x 1 day, Folic 5mg per day. High Progesterone doses.

Intralipids, 1-2 weeks prior transfer, 4 days post transfer, re-assess if a BFP.

$1,500 Injection (non rebateable), Clexane. He said (re. that VERY expensive injection) - if we weren't time poor, he would put me on the other med's for 4 weeks then do the bloods all over again and see if they had suppressed my NK Cells enough, then he would know whether or not to use the injection. But we don't have that time up our sleeve, so roll on pure gold injection (gee I bet it's more expensive than some of the illegal drugs these guys snort up in back alley ways!!)
    Last edited by sootymay; 04-10-2013 at 19:16.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (05-10-2013),Sh72  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow girls, the list of BFPs is just truly amazing. I am soooooo happy for all of you. To those of you with the heartbreaking disappointments, I have every confidence that your time for joy is pending. Xx

Pixel - not long now Hun.

Sooty - the only drug I know that is used in the fertility world that doesn't have a rebate and costs $1500 a does is Saizen (HGH), but I have only heard of it used for IVF for women with egg quality issues and not for NK issues.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-10-2013),sootymay  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's been interesting reading about Qantas. I find it incredible that they would downgrade someone, I've never heard of that before and then to quibble over the refund is just insult on injury. I actually remember hot towels on Qantas flights in Economy. I grew up in Papua New Guinea and flew between there and Australia quite a few times and it was usually Qantas. Free orange juice, peanuts and colouring books etc too! I'm flying with Cathay Pacific which is supposedly good but when I read the reviews was very unsure of the seat comfort. We shall see. It is a long flight too.

Jodi, I love baby dreams. I've only ever had one that I barely remember but I treasure it. For me it is definitely a kind of a blessing.

Abundance, sending you all the soothing wishes I can.
    Jenni, Rainbow and Pixel, congrats on reaching your respective mile stones. It really is wonderful to see you all progressing.
    Helen what wonderful service you got!

AFM - finally got the last of my medications yesterday. It was really stressful. It took 3 delivery attempts and I was so frantic about how long it had been out of the fridge. Thank goodness the weather is cool and the International Pharmacy assured me they should be fine. Some of it was my stupidity in getting my neighbour's unit number wrong. The next day, they just didn't buzz her. I ended up getting it delivered to work yesterday. The pill is making me really emotional which isn't helping. I also have a neighbour who is letting his broken washing machine flow into the floor waste drain and it is backing up into my unit every weekend and flooding the floor. He doesn't want to bother getting his machine repaired as it is easier for him to keep flooding my floor. I am fed up with mopping so much water every weekend and the one time I blocked the drain, there was another outlet under the shower I hadn't noticed and it flooded the hall carpet instead and cost me. Of course he is lying about using his machine now and the whole thing is taking a long time to work through with the strata. The drain ended up blocked which didn't help and the plumber had to put a lot of acid down to try to clear it. I don't want that on the floor this weekend so I've put sealant around the plug I used to block the pipe and hopefully the water will head back up the pipe to his unit this weekend. I really do hope so anyway.

Keep travelling well everyone!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Jennilee67  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Net - OMG you poor thing - what a drama with your awful neighbour.... blood boiling stuff... you don't need that. And then with getting your meds in time - that is really stressful! Hopefully everything starts to settle down for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Net, sorry to read the flooding remains an issue. I would contact the Body Corporate Manager and state that it is now a health risk and that you intend on reporting it to the relevant authority in the event such is not fixed within a reasonable period. I would even give them a deadline, after all plumbers work all hours. Furthermore, it is definitely their responsibility.

We had an excellent tenant once who experienced a similar problem and I sent a letter of demand to the BC Manager. Interestingly, the poor tenants requests had gone unheeded until I raised it as a public health issue.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thanks

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes - I'm so glad I'm having a scan done as I've had really mild ache/tightness in my uterus all week that I mostly notice when I stop still at night and then when I do the crinone "clean out" it is black/brown - not what you want to see! There's no blood on my underwear or when wiping jut the discolored crinone that I "fish" out. Wish I had nausea or fatigue as I had expected these as symptoms not a feeling like I was getting my period. Please let it all be alright on Monday.

thanks Jodi for preparing me for not see not a heartbeat on the scan think lll get more bloods while there if the scan show nothing. Th receptionist said sometimes 6 weeks is too early to see anything to.

Jodi sorry to hear you were sick and had issues with Qantas but glad you are all set for November - it will be here in no time.

Net what a nightmare with your neighbor - they sound very selfish and unreasonable

Abundance hope you are having a great weekend away

Sooty not long now and you have all bases covered for a successful cycle

Crystal how's plans for Zlin?

Rainbow any new symptoms? Bump yet? My DH said he could see a "bubble" bump this morning - had to laugh as of course it's a chocolate bump and all the fluid I feel all over.

Good weekend to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, sorry I need to have a HUGE vent. One of my friends who I love dearly has potentially put my little man at risk of whooping cough!!! She has a bit of a blase attitude when it comes to the disease compared to my over the top anxiety about it. I am so paranoid about whooping cough that it was the main reason why I have all but isolated us from the community and was the primary discussion at my post natal anxiety counselling. My friend is aware of all of this!!!

Anyhoooo, she founnd out yesterday that her brother in law (albeit vaccinated) has been confirmed positive with whooping cough and that they were all together on Father's Day. Her husband has been unwell for the past two weeks with a cold and cough. So to top it off I only learnt this yesterday when herself and her baby came to visit . I told her about the incubation times and that perhaps her husband should be tested for it. So now we have to wait until Tuesday for his blood results.

My friend is now terribly sorry, but I can't help being a bit p#*%%d off. I have taken every precaution known to man. Even not having visitors at home or at the hospital and now the threat has come to me, even with everyone I know knowing how paranoid I have been.

1-2 in every 100 of babies who contract the disease will die. I am sooooo angry right now.

Sorry, but I needed to vent.

Please pray that my little man will be okay. Much love to all xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laned,
    Totally understandable your need to vent what a terrible situation she put you in. Clearly she was not thinking when she came to visit and hasn't been hearing your concerns. I hope it all comes back clear and you don't have too much stress in the mean time you've already had to deal with enough.

Pixel

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

laned  (07-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Pixel. Sad thing is that she just didn't think, it was like a light bulb went of.