Closed Thread
Page 65 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Helenweels that's great news about your numbers, I'm glad you are feeling better and all has settled down - your pregnant congratulations! Im having a scan on Monday which is just 6 weeks could be to early but my dr is away for a bit after that so thought we would have a look. I don't have any classic symptoms either so have needed every test to reassure me that it is all still happening.

congratulations Jennilee 16 weeks how exciting and feeling movement must be amazing - thanks for warning me about the cramps as I have had them and remembered you telling me it was normal which comforted me. Sorry to hear of your thyroid problems hopefully you'll have answers soon.

abundance I hope you have a good day today and are feeling better

Missleo and SVD hope your living every minute with your beautiful twins

Laned hope the new medication has been helping How annoying that it's so hard to get a hold of.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pixel For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (02-10-2013),laned  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pixel - great news about your bloods. Good luck for your scan darl. It's the most amazing thing to see your little bubs heartbeat up on the screen.

Abundance - try to take it easy and not to stress too much about the cramping. I felt like I was going to get my periods right up to my BFP and for about a week after. Whatever you do, resist the urge to test now. I did it early and got so upset, then 5 days later got my BFP. Funny, it was the first time I have ever had 2 spare pregnancy tests in the house and I resisted the urge to use them. Mind you, I gave it a whirl the day after I got my BFP via the blood tests and it was so wonderful to see those two strong lines come up straight away. You don't need the added stress right now, so try to keep your mind busy until your blood test day. I have my fingers crossed for you

jennilee - wow, 16 weeks already. Time goes by quickly eh? I'm sorry to hear about your potential diagnosis of Graves Disease. Hope that they can help you as fast as possible.

AFM - all good. Have my last injection of Gestone on Friday. To be honest, I'm finding it easier than the silly pessaries. They are just so messy and and the morning dosage is a pain in the neck. I'm lucky I'm waking during the night - as that makes it easier to administer the morning dosage.

My morning sickness only seems to be hitting me in the afternoon now, but as long as I have little snacks in my bag, I feel much better. I've never slept so much in my life. I don't remember sleeping this much with my daughter, or craving milk - but as my FS said, the body asks for what it needs right now. I hope this little one isn't expecting the kind of milk consumption it's currently getting when it arrives in this world - because Mumma doesn't have udders

Have a good day everybody. xxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (02-10-2013),Jennilee67  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DONOR SEARCHING
    Angelmama74 ?
    Helenmac (Cape Town - ? Nov/Dec)

Crystal4431 (Zlin - ? Jan 2014)
    January (Cape Town - ? Mar 2014)
    Sahndi (Cape Town - ? 2014)

DONOR SELECTED
    DJShears

DONOR CONTRACT (signed by both parties)
    Net3811 (Barbados - ET 12 Dec)

RECEIVED TREATMENT CYCLE
    JodiW (Cape Town - FET 11 Nov)
    BB4Me (Cape Town - FET ?)

COMMENCED MEDICATIONS
    Makeba (Cape Town - FET 5 Nov)
    Sootymay (Cape Town - ET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR PROCEDURES

2WW - WAITING FOR BFP
    Abundance1 (2x5D)

BFP
    Helonweels (2x5D)
    Pixel (2x4D)

Rainbowchaser (2x3D Frozen) EDD 19/5/14
    Wishmeluck (1x5D)
    Sunny15 (2x5D - singleton) - EDD 16/4/14
    Anait (2x5D - singleton)
    Jennilee67 (2x5D - singleton)
    BJ04 (1x5D)
    AllieOop (2x5D - singleton)
    Araline (2x5D)
    TwoWhites (2x5D - singleton)
    Nicole72 (twins)

GRADUATES
    Missleo (boy & girl - 28/9/13)
    SVD (twin boys - 6/9/13)
    Laned (boy - 24/4/13)
    JodiW (boy)
    Smika (girl)
    Chascabear
    Sahndi (boy)
    Theresa68 (girl)
    WilsonJoy (twin boys)
    Jed (boy & girl)
    SummerShine (boy)
    Sally08 (twins)

2013 STATS

BFP = 16 (15 fresh & 1 frozen/4 sets of twins)
    BFN = 10 (9 fresh & 1 frozen)
    Pregnancy Loss = 1
    Bio-chemical = 1

Unkown Results = 7

Last edited by January; 03-10-2013 at 08:29.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Abundance1  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg you have all been so busy, 10 pages to catch up and I could only catch up as I have a virus and am stuck in bed, safe to say I lost any cApe Town weight lol

SVD and Missleo congrats. MissLeo I didn't even get to book the appointment, my bub came so early. You will get all the info you need from NICU then special care afterwards, in fact I knew more about the bubs than most other mums in my mothers group, barring the lady having her fourth!

Pixel I'm so happy for you

January, how's your planning going?

Rainbow I was surprised to read only one in there, I had the same sickness with my boy, I pretty much had it all day though.

Abundance i also had cramping right up to when he came out, felt like my insides were being ripped apart sometimes.

Helonwheels glad to hear things are settling down.

i just wanted to impart some advice for those travelling. I have been trying to get a refund from qantas for our downgrade, qantas reluctantly paid me $950 each for hubby and I, business is almost double to premium economy fare, so after much threatening, I have said I will accept 1300 per ticket minimum and stated that I had researched our flights to JoBurg only, as I knew I could get cheap internal flights from JoBurg, I remembered PE being 1685 one way and business being well over 3000. They reluctantly agreed to the refund which I should get in the next 2 weeks. I now will print off a copy of the flights to JoBurg in both premium economy and business so I have correct amounts and evidence should this happen again they can't take advantage if I have proof. So iF you are travelling anything other than economy, get the figures for the class below you just in case.

AFM I am flying back to Cape Town on 8November with my transfer on 11 November coming back home to arrive on 15. So I will be away from my boys for a week which I am not looking forward too. It's been hard dealing with qantas, the insurance company to try and get reimbursement for our delayed luggage, jet lag and having to book another flight all at once, the last thing you want to do is jump on another plane.

I am going to stay at the apartment building we have just left. I'm not going to hire a car, I'm going to chill out the only place I will be venturing too other than the clinic is the V&A which is walking distance.

I've got to organise a lining scan before I go so thought I might ask my oby who is South African if he will do it see if he wants anything brought back otherwise my GP will help with that. Triptorelin is on order I'm just waiting on authorisation paperwork so treatment can go ahead.

Sorry if I've missed anyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Jodi - you don't muck around do you !! Good luck this time... this time's got to be it.

Sorry to hear you've had the flu, not what you need when you have so much to plan!!

I can't believe the muck around with Qantas. I didn't' understand in the beginning how they can downgrade you when you've paid for business class tickets - how can they do that? Personally, I avoid Qantas at all costs if I can - they are SO over-rated and I don't think I've come across one friendly cabin crew member yet... they are usually all down the back gossiping after "the chore of attending to passengers!!!" That's is disgusting that they even had the gall to argue over it... I can well imagine the time you have spent battling with them.

If you're flying again with them, lets hope they give you the red carpet treatment this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

wow lots happening.. Twins, BFP results and up coming travel for some. I'm on the pill now and counting down the days until we depart. January can you please add me to the commenced medication list.

sootymay I tried to reply to your pm however it's not going through. For anyone interested in a safari groupon SA have a deal with boitlekesor however I emailed direct and they would honour the groupon deal pending dates.

i m really enjoying reading everyone's tips... This forum is such a wealth of knowledge.

happy hump day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    omg jodi - sounds like a nightmare..
    I've had no end of dramas with qantas over the years... We chose to fly an extra 8 hours and pay another $3k to fly with emirates via Dubai. Their business is far superior and I wasn't prepared to get the runaround by qantas given the purpose of the journey, injections on the plane etc...
    The purser on board even cleaned up the bathroom once I gave him the nod and closed it off to other passengers until we were ready to use it (hubby is doing my jabs as I'm not very flexible)! They were very accommodating.
    Glad that you are going to chill out and take it easy when you head back to CT..
    I have a number of a reasonably price cab driver who took us to CFC on most of our appointments. Lt me know if you need it and I will dig it out.
    Xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Makeba - sorry, my inbox was full. I've moved them all now to free up space. Is this what you were talking about? My agency suggested as well, since we can't pay by international VISA (I've tried before & Groupon wont accept) to contact the provider direct - that's great. Awesome... they have so many cool things on there...hopefully they will install Paypal sooner rather than later. How will you travel there, as Mossel Bay is a fair way - 6 hours from memory - I looked at another really cool family run lodge/park there.

http://www.groupon.co.za/deals/trave...0_0_274&a=2206

Helononwheels - Hope you are feeling good within and positive and relaxed.
    I'm with you, I'm EMRIATES all the way, my preferred airline, their service is next to nothing, hopefully it stays that way.. old fashioned hot towels prior to take off etc, and that's in economy. If you've got Foxtel and love planes & airports - check out the new 10 part series on Dubai Airport - up to episode 3 now (Nat Geo channel).

Jenilee - I hope it comes to nothing for you - gosh 16 weeks, 4 MONTHS !!! Gosh time flys. Must be just beautiful reaching this stage.

Pixel - a 6 week scan. Where did the time go - a much dreamed event I am sure, you and DH together seeing that first real glimpse of life growing within you...

Rainbow - time is flying, nice to come off the injections, but can imagine the mess with pressies... yucky, I remember... my turn to come soon hopefully. It will be so nice when you can come off all this stuff and go al-natural at long last once you know bubs is safe. That made me laugh about your comment about "udders"! Good information stored away for later that your doc said your body is telling you what it needs with all the milk you are drinking.

Abundance - thinking of you. Glad you are resting in the weekends... its so tricky to not wrap yourself in cotton wool during work hours. I have a good feeling for you, I really do.

Angel - how are you going with your plans & appointments, is everything going ok?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sootymay For This Useful Post:

Helonweels  (02-10-2013),Jennilee67  (03-10-2013),Pixel  (05-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you to all you wonderful ladies. It has been really reassuring hearing fron you all. One of my girlfriends told me today she had bleeding at exactly this time when she got pregnant with her son naturally so you never know. I will back away from the home pregnancy test haunting me in the bathroom vanity and wait till Tuesday. My DH has just suggested a weekend away which could be a good idea this weekend to distract me. I had a wonderful dinner with ny girlfriends tonight and a good cry on the phone to my mum today so feeling much better. If it doesn't work JodiW I might be Back over there with you in Nov and we can watch old movies together on bedrest

Thank you for all your support

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Abundance1 For This Useful Post:

laned  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Abundance, happy to have a lounge buddy but you will be fine. Although you need to rest up do get up and about but very slowly, take it easy, you need to keep the blood pumping around.

Helonwheels I've flown Emirates they weren't too bad but when I looked it was going day be 30 something hours travelling time and I just couldn't face it. I've also heard that Etihad is good as well. I do hate qantas, its a shame that all flights seem to be shared these days even though you might be booking with one airline you end up on a Qantas plane and from my experiences you get treated better if you are a qantas paying passenger than the other airline. If we had of booked through South African which I originally did and cashed the tickets in as qantas had a sale and it was much cheaper, we probably would have been downgraded to economy. Anyhow hoping that this is the last flight for a while, international anyway. I would love the number of the taxi driver thank you. It will save me from trying to hunt one down.

Pixel I had my first scan at 6 weeks, you can't really see much I don't remember hearing a heartbeat either as the cells are just forming but it was very moving you may cry, I certainly did, your dream is becoming a reality.

On one of my sleepless nights I had a vision of a gorgeous dark haired and eyed baby with big ruby lips, the baby felt like it belonged to me and I had a peacefulness come over me. My donor is dark brown haired and eyed so I'm taking it as a sign, it is the complete opposite, hubby and I have dark blonde, light brown hair (though mine was blonde til I turned 13) I'm blue eyed and he is green, Matty is blonde and green eyed. You just never know what your going to come out with though, hubby seems to have strong DNA so no matter what the baby will look like him I'm sure, Matty is a mini me version, I guess its all part of the fun and adventure.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JodiW For This Useful Post:

Pixel  (05-10-2013)