Closed Thread
Page 63 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow chaser - Yes, I agree totally with your experience with DLR's assistant.

Although lovely (when I did hear back from her), Its pretty frustrating to look for reassurance/information and have no replies for a few days...
    I don't think you can truly have a part time assistant in this line of work.. It just doesn't provide consistency of care!
    If I wanted information on certain days that she wasn't working, then I had to email another assistant (who slides into the spot from another FS). If it was a true job share arrangement, then it would probably work a lot better.
    I got so frustrated with one particular issue surrounding my depot injection, that I just emailed DLR directly - and have done so ever since.
    To have your support staff only in the office for 2 days a week, and only answering emails for half of the other 2 days from home - then every Friday off... It just doesn't work when you have such a heavy case load.

Whinge over... Sorry.. but I thought it was just me! I agree with your comment that it was the only negative to report!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Helonwheels - I totally agree with you. Heidi works for Dr Heylen and works part time / job shares, or whatever she does... but she is never there.... it always goes direct to her auto email reply. I wonder how those poor Doctors get any work done with all the emails I send him and he dutifully replies. I raised it with him (that I was having difficulty getting any response) when I first started thinking about a Doctor at CFC. He was actually quite good and said to please tell him who I was having issues with so he could follow it up. Obviously those ladies (if he said anything) have their ears painted on

Happy Sunday to everyone - glorious days now spring is here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. I was actually going to do a fairly boring update this week but now I have some real news! At approx 1.40am yesterday (saturday) we welcomed our boy/girl twins Lucas and Asha into the world. Born at 34 weeks, and weighing 1.8kg and 1.5kg respectively, so will spend a few weeks in NICU. She is going strong but he needs just a little bit of assistance with breathing for a few days. They look like perfect little dolls and doctors are confident they mostly just need fattening up.

What I hadn't got around to updating about was the little scare I had at 29 weeks. Admitted myself to hospital because I didn't quite feel right - as it turns out it was acute preeclampsia (BP 215/110 and rising with contractions 5 mins apart) and they almost delivered the babies that day. Anyway after a week in hospital all has been good till Friday when I randomly decided to get my blood pressure done because I didn't quite feel right (even though I had seen my doctor 2 days beforehand and BP was perfect...). As it turns out it was 195/107...yes I went straight to the hospital!! The doctors spent 12 hours trying to get the right balance of meds and in the end we just decided it was safer for everyone to do a c-section and deliver. All went perfectly except my private OB was away for the weekend! I was up walking around 12 hours later so my nightmares about not being able to lift my babies for weeks after a c-section were a bit OTT haha.

Something to learn from my story ladies - listen to your body. I've never had a baby and was terrified I wouldn't know when something was wrong or when I was going into labour with all the odd aches and stuff we feel during pregnancy. But no matter what we all know our bodies, and you will instinctively know when you have to take yourself off to the hospital so don't panic.

It would have been great if we didn't have to cancel our antenatal classes for the 2nd time today haha. Now where's that instruction manual...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missleo - congrats on the arrival of your twins. Sorry to hear about your issues along the way, but all that matters is that you and your two little bubs are doing well.

I had to laugh about your comment re the ante natal classes - as I thought they were the biggest waste of time especially if you intend to give birth in hospital where the professionals are there to help you. I wish that I had done a breast feeding class instead as that would have been far more useful. They don't come with instruction manuals, but you will catch on pretty fast!
    Last edited by Rainbowchaser; 30-09-2013 at 08:33. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Misleo - I cried with joy for you tonight. Thank you for sharing the wonderful news of the arrival of your precious little boy and girl. I love the names. A lovely Pidgeon pair!

My friend (a wonderful IVF warrior) had little twins also a boy and girl, born at the same age due to preeclampsia. They too spent time in NICU and are now thriving 6 mth olds and you wouldn't even know.

As for antenatal, I am with Rainbow, I didn't really gain all that much from the classes. The best thing I learnt was swaddling and the five Ss settling technique. That came in handy. Swaddle - swaddled baby, Side - place on side, Shake - gently shake (jiggle on side), Shush - repeat a shushing sound and Sucking - sucking is soothing for bub(s). The other great trick download a white noise app.

Much love to your beautiful new little family. May you all have a happy, healthy, safe and peaceful life growing together. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Congratulations Missleo

Congratulations - I'm so happy to hear the twins are here safe and sound - beautiful names to match their beautiful faces.
    I have friends that had twins early and they said their time with them in hospital was the best training they could have received so they felt so confident when they got home due to all the midwife tips.
    good on you for following you instincts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Misselo - Congratulations to you and your DH. What a beautiful read & some humour thrown in for good measure! It must be such a special time after a long road. I love your little one's names. Bless you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Missleo - I was going to say "Baby Love" by Robin Barker is the closest thing there is to a "baby manual" for newborns. It never left my side for the first few months after my daughter arrived. If you don't have it, get somebody to get you a copy, as it will teach you all sorts of little tips and tricks - as well as put your mind at ease in all sorts of situations. It really is a god send and taught me things I never even knew about.

I'm not even sure why they do ante natal classes these days. Unless you are going to have a home birth, I think it's a bit of a waste. The important bit is learning what to do when that little person (or persons in your case ) come home, because they don't come with an instruction manual. I thought breast feeding would be so easy - it looked like the most natural thing in the world - BOY WAS I WRONG! And after a couple of days it felt like my nipples had been dragged down the bitumen road... all because she was not latching on correctly.

If found Tresillian to be a god send - and "feed, play, sleep" became my mantra once I learn't why it was so important. They were AMAZING and helped me get my daughter into a routine which saw her sleeping through the night from 9 weeks old.

Enjoy your two precious bubs... it's a very special time and I can assure you it never stops getting better and better no matter how old they get!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (30-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. I have been thinking about you lately and hoping all was going well for you. I hope the bubs getter stronger every day. Enjoy this wonderful time. You've earned it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    And most of all just trust your own instinct, you will soon become very in tune with your bubbas and their little unique ways of communicating with you. Xx